Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.6

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Albuquerque, NM) in December 2008.

Interview

There were 5 supervisors and 1 manager on the interview panel. The interview is a behavioral based interview (BBI). If they ask you a question you have to be very specific and give an example for each answer. I found out later that all panel members have to agree to hire you. Even if 5 of the 6 want to hire you they will not unless all agree. They wanted to hire me but had another person that filled the position. I continued to call every month and after 6 months they offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever presented an idea to your employer that was implemented? What was the idea?   Answer Question
    • Name 3 qualities of a leader. Give an example of each quality.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The starting salary in 2008 was $38,000. I had ten years experience and wanted $60,000. We agreed on $55,000.

Agent Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2009.

Interview

I first applied to the job and got an email from a recruiter telling me I would get a phone interview. The phone interview was mostly behavioral questions, but were involved. Then I had to take a series of tests. The tests were very difficult, but I did pass them. I had another phone interview with what would have been my boss and there were more behavioral based quesitons. He didn't send me on in the process from there.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Monrovia, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

First I applied online via their website. I received a phone call from a recruiter about 3 weeks following my application. He asked me about my availability so he could conduct a phone interview. About 3 days later he conducted the phone interview. It was actually a little challenging and involved a few behavioral based questions and other basic interview question such as degree info and job history. it lasted about 10- 15 minutes. He actually gave me feed back and told me to Google behavioral based interview questions for my second in person panel style interview. He told me I would receive a call to schedule a in person panel interview. I received a call a few days later and we set up the panel interview to primarily be based on behavioral based question format. So I studied behavioral based interview questions and figured I was well prepared. I actually got lost going to the interview (thanks to east and west of the same darn street. I had to call to ask for directions ( already 3 nails on the coffin , and consequently I was 5 minutes late) So starting off on a bad foot by being late made me more tense and nervous and sweaty. Then I walked into the interview room and there were two ladies and two guys to perform the interview ( I thought oh this should be fun!!) So the interview started and they started alternating asking me questions (oh which 85 % had not properly prepared for) So the interview went bad and I knew i did not get the job. They told me "we will call you if we decide you are the right fit) I thought sure you will!! so that's about it

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a confrontation with a co worker . How did you resolve it what steps did you take to remedy the situation.   1 Answer

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in November 2009.

Interview

Initial HR screening followed by two hour+ interviews with a multi-person panel. Took several proactive follow-up phone calls before job was offered. Very in depth and through questions to weed out those just trying to get any job. It appears the Catastrophe Department prefers "street" hires - those without any prior insurance experience.

Interview Questions

• Just come prepared with a specific example of a prior experience of a time you've been in a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since I worked for them in the past, I was offered a higher salary; however, it was not negotiable.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Dallas, TX).

Interview

A very selective process at our district in Dallas. The manager prefers the candidates be referred by another Farmers business owner. Must demonstrate a successful track record of success. Initial interview with the recruiter. Then the candidate must submit a letter of interest. Next the candidate must pass the background and credit check. 2nd interview with the district manager. Candidate must then pass two state insurance exams. Next the newly appointed agent then enters the training phase. The agent then must not only successfully meet company requirements but also exceed district manager's quota as part of the training requirements.

Interview Questions

• Candidate must demonstrate a character of resilience, enthusiasm, integrity, courage, and confidence.   Answer Question

Field Property Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2010.

Interview

Behavioral Analysis Interview- 2 hours; Contracted upon employment

Interview Questions

• Every questions related to real life experiences.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easily Negotiable

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Grand Rapids, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

The recruiter called to reschedule 25 minutes before the first appointment. During the phone screen, the first question from the Farmers recruiter was salary and I was told that it was policy that they have my current salary and my expectation to move forward. I withdrew from the process. She literally spent five minutes on salary and the phone call was 12 minutes. Are they doing salary surveys or screening for skill fit?

Interview Questions

• "What is your current salary? If you do not tell me, we can not move forward with you in the process of interviewing."   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2011.

Interview

very detailed and extensive, was a rather long process to interview, from role playing and group excercises to detailed profiling and IQ level testing as well as pressure situations use to determine your able to effectively handle high stress and multitasking priorities.

Interview Questions

• questions and excercises used to determine honesty, character, and comprehension colleagic level academic and analytic testing.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a strange test kind of like an IQ test. I had to be honest and bilingual. They are very picky and are looking for certain characteristics. If you don't have them they won't call you back.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Pre interview testing is required. Basic math, reading, typing and interactive review to test multitasking and coordination and a personality test. Upon "passing" they conduct a Behavioral based interview, very little personal questions about yourself. After completion there is a second interview and then you sit and watch the job for an hour or so. After all is done you either get a nice form letter email declination, or a call from HR with an offer. If accepted they do a very extensive background and credit check. No bankruptcies or criminal activity can be present.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when..... They look for the Example, the process and the final outcome. Make sure you follow through with these questions. True stories or not, they want to know what you would do to handle the situation. Whether you have done it or not. Tell me a time when you had a confrontation with a coworker, you went above and beyond for a customer, ect.   Answer Question

Negotiation

After pre interview testing and two interviews HR will call you with a job offer including salary. I did not try to negotiate salary.