Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions

2.6

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in December 2008.

There were 5 supervisors and 1 manager on the interview panel. The interview is a behavioral based interview (BBI). If they ask you a question you have to be very specific and give an example for each answer. I found out later that all panel members have to agree to hire you. Even if 5 of the 6 want to hire you they will not unless all agree. They wanted to hire me but had another person that filled the position. I continued to call every month and after 6 months they offered me a position.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever presented an idea to your employer that was implemented? What was the idea?   Answer Question
    • Name 3 qualities of a leader. Give an example of each quality.   Answer Question
    The starting salary in 2008 was $38,000. I had ten years experience and wanted $60,000. We agreed on $55,000.

Agent Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2009.

I first applied to the job and got an email from a recruiter telling me I would get a phone interview. The phone interview was mostly behavioral questions, but were involved. Then I had to take a series of tests. The tests were very difficult, but I did pass them. I had another phone interview with what would have been my boss and there were more behavioral based quesitons. He didn't send me on in the process from there.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monrovia, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Monrovia, CA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in May 2011.

First I applied online via their website. I received a phone call from a recruiter about 3 weeks following my application. He asked me about my availability so he could conduct a phone interview. About 3 days later he conducted the phone interview. It was actually a little challenging and involved a few behavioral based questions and other basic interview question such as degree info and job history. it lasted about 10- 15 minutes. He actually gave me feed back and told me to Google behavioral based interview questions for my second in person panel style interview. He told me I would receive a call to schedule a in person panel interview. I received a call a few days later and we set up the panel interview to primarily be based on behavioral based question format. So I studied behavioral based interview questions and figured I was well prepared.

I actually got lost going to the interview (thanks to east and west of the same darn street. I had to call to ask for directions ( already 3 nails on the coffin , and consequently I was 5 minutes late) So starting off on a bad foot by being late made me more tense and nervous and sweaty. Then I walked into the interview room and there were two ladies and two guys to perform the interview ( I thought oh this should be fun!!) So the interview started and they started alternating asking me questions (oh which 85 % had not properly prepared for) So the interview went bad and I knew i did not get the job. They told me "we will call you if we decide you are the right fit) I thought sure you will!! so that's about it

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a confrontation with a co worker . How did you resolve it what steps did you take to remedy the situation.   View Answer

Field Property Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in October 2010.

Behavioral Analysis Interview- 2 hours; Contracted upon employment

Interview Questions
    • Every questions related to real life experiences.   View Answer
    Easily Negotiable

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in November 2009.

Initial HR screening followed by two hour+ interviews with a multi-person panel. Took several proactive follow-up phone calls before job was offered. Very in depth and through questions to weed out those just trying to get any job. It appears the Catastrophe Department prefers "street" hires - those without any prior insurance experience.

Interview Questions
    • Just come prepared with a specific example of a prior experience of a time you've been in a difficult situation.   Answer Question
    Since I worked for them in the past, I was offered a higher salary; however, it was not negotiable.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

A very selective process at our district in Dallas. The manager prefers the candidates be referred by another Farmers business owner. Must demonstrate a successful track record of success. Initial interview with the recruiter. Then the candidate must submit a letter of interest. Next the candidate must pass the background and credit check. 2nd interview with the district manager. Candidate must then pass two state insurance exams. Next the newly appointed agent then enters the training phase. The agent then must not only successfully meet company requirements but also exceed district manager's quota as part of the training requirements.

Interview Questions
    • Candidate must demonstrate a character of resilience, enthusiasm, integrity, courage, and confidence.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in September 2014.

The recruiter called to reschedule 25 minutes before the first appointment. During the phone screen, the first question from the Farmers recruiter was salary and I was told that it was policy that they have my current salary and my expectation to move forward. I withdrew from the process. She literally spent five minutes on salary and the phone call was 12 minutes. Are they doing salary surveys or screening for skill fit?

Interview Questions
    • "What is your current salary? If you do not tell me, we can not move forward with you in the process of interviewing."   View Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in March 2011.

very detailed and extensive, was a rather long process to interview, from role playing and group excercises to detailed profiling and IQ level testing as well as pressure situations use to determine your able to effectively handle high stress and multitasking priorities.

Interview Questions
    • questions and excercises used to determine honesty, character, and comprehension colleagic level academic and analytic testing.   Answer Question

Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

The hiring process was very streamlined. From the time of my initial phone screening to the final offer was about 2.5 weeks. It's clear that this company knows what they are looking for, and will only advance you through the process if they feel you meet that criteria. I had no help with obtaining this position i.e. someone on the inside but being confident is key.

Interview Questions
    • Give an experience where you did not agree with a management decision. Now explain what you did and why.   Answer Question
    Negotiation is an art, some people have it down some people don't. I was able to negotiate a higher salary.

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in July 2011.

Panel interview and behavior based. First they call you and ask you questions over the phone once you have submitted your application to their website. Then you are arranged to take a set of tests to rank your skills. If you pass then you will get a call from a recruiter who will meet with you 1-1 and you will take a couple other tests. They will set you up with a panel interview where you meet with a few managers or supervisors who question you.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you disagreed with someone and what did you do to remedy it?   View Answer
    Take it or leave it