Farmers Insurance Group

230 candidate interviews

Sales Agent Interview

Sales Agent
Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in August 2012.

Interview Details – The district manager found the resume from an online site, sent an email asking if i would be interested in sales and fixed and later fixed the interview date.The whole process took about 5 business days.

Interview Question – interview in 2 days. Will update once done.   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Agent
Portland, OR

Interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group

Interview Details – ad on Craigslist.
I'm rather perturbed with this guy in Portland. He has an ad on craigslist every week.

He won't interview anyone with > $1000 in debt collections.

There are a lot of good quality, ethical people out of work and in debt and he seems to think you deserve a chance if you don't have near perfect credit. How realistic is that in todays economy.

I'm an independent licensed agent, contracted and appointed with 14 of the world's largest Life insurance companies that sell more life insurance in their sleep than Farmer's does on any given day and they don't care about your credit unless it was as a professional in the finance industry.

Interview Question – must have less than $1000 in debt collections to qualify.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview Details – I work under an agent. Two interviews at his office and hired the same day as the second interview.

Interview Question – Barely talked insurance, skills or experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real negotiations. Bantered a few times back and forth on salary requirements. Met in the middle in under 2 minutes of discussion

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Liability Claims Representative

Interview Details – used STAR style of questions

Interview Question – all were easy   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Actuarial

Interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group

Interview Details – Submitted an application online. A phone screening was set up with a recruiter in HR. Eventually, I was contacted for a phone interview with an administrator for the actuarial department, and at the end of the interview an in-person interview was scheduled. The interview was 3 hours long and I met with 7 different people from the department. I heard back after a couple weeks.

Interview Question – Write pseudo code to print a given pattern of numbers.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

Interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group

Interview Details – I went to a career fair and got the chance to talk to one of the recruiters. The following week I received a phone interview. The phone interview was based on all behavioral questions. It totally took about 15 minutes.

Interview Question – Describe a stressful situation at work and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Farmers Insurance Agent Interview

Farmers Insurance Agent
Fort Collins, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview Details – The initial interview conducted by an agent (also serving in a DM role) was informal and more informational on a very general level. --- Upon completing both a background check and skills assessment, I was contacted by an external recruiter hired by Farmers (or the DM...they were related!) - An absolutely unprofessional pr*ck! First question after completing an assignment the day prior via phone was: 'If we were to offer you a job today could you accept/decline upon the offer?' I responded with, 'I could provide an answer by EOD as I would need to discuss with my other half' ---- His response, haven't you already discussed this, does your wife wear the pants in that relationship?'
Thus I declined the offer

Reason for Declining – Two reasons:
1) External recruiter employed by firm hostile
2) No pay until at least 30 days into accepting offer (after passing insurance licensing and actually getting a sale w/ a policy)

Product Analyst Interview

Product Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview Details – Total process takes about two weeks, very fast

Interview Question – Ask some case study, very flexible   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Data Entry Interview

Accounts Payable Data Entry

Interview Details – Friendly, easy, worked with my availability

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. There was an offer, I accepted, as I NEEDED this job very badly.

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative

Interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group

Interview Details – Assesment Test, Phone Interview, Face to Face Interview.

Interview Question – The whole interview consists of behavioral questions. Be prepared to give examples of a problem you have experienced, the actions you took, and the results.   Answer Question

Worked for Farmers Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!