Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.6

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Fontana, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was scheduled for an interview by a head hunter, who said they found my resume on Career Builder, first thing I noticed was that the interview time could be picked and changed at random, as many times as possible, I rescheduled twice During the interview I was asked basic question about sales and future plans, I was told to PAY for a background check!

Farmers Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Derby, KS) in March 2011.

Interview

Applied in person to local firm that I had ties to, was asked about past experience, future goals, comfortability with face to face customer service and willignesss to get my insurance license. Was asked why I wanted to work for Farmers and if my values aligned with theirs. I was also asked what I thought from an outsiders pov what they needed to improve on.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2011.

Interview

One on one interview. A few situational questions and questions about customer service experience. I believe there was initially some skills testing. Typing speed test and computer competency. Not difficult at all for anyone that uses a computer on a regular basis. A mock phone call is conducted, if I remember correctly.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Emeryville, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

You come in and the Interviewer talks about your background and career aspirations. After that, they will describe what the job is. What I mean by describe is that they will try to paint a pretty picture for you and "sell" this job to you. After they consider you they will give you a tour of the office and get you started on getting your state licenses to sell insurance.

Auto Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter then interview in a panel of 3 (2 supervisors and a Manager). The phone interview is relatively easy and brief. However, the in person interview consists of a very long behavior based questioning that is predetermined and the interviewers read off a script. If you pass this interview, you then do a ride a long with someone in the field and they report back about how they feel it went.

Interview Questions

• An hour and a half of "Tell me of a time when..." questions   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2014.

Interview

Usual 2 -3 interviews, met with the trainer then met with the district manager. The usual hype about how you'll make a lot of money, have a lot of independence and everybody will love you. Both will duck questions about turnover, average or median income, always focusing on the stars.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate, the program is what the program is.

Multi CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in January 2013.

Interview

First was a phone call interview to just get the feel of you. Then came the actual interview. When I first came in I thought it was going to be a group interview, but it wasn't. It was an individual interview. The interviewers were friendly and nice;they kept everyone calm and comfortable.

Claims Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Behavioral based interview, panel of three. Focus on providing examples of leadership, excellent customer service, teamwork, projects. Also, what you have done to develop yourself, taking initiative and getting issues resolved.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall an recall any specific questions. Be prepared for a behavioral based interviews   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in July 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume in and was contacted that day to take a test which took an hour. I passed the test and had a 0 gone interview two days later that lasted 45 min. Behavioral based. I was then given a face to face interview date with the "leadership" team. Human resources person, director (who had been with company less than ten years) manager and trainer. It was scheduled for 3 and a half weeks after the phone interview. The interview itself was 2 hours and a complete waste of time. It was me and two other candidates who had basically a smidgen of the experience I have in customer service and call center and education. They obviously want people who are barely qualified for the position. I was confident, excited, and enthusiastic during the interview. I got an email the next day saying that I hadn't been selected. I hate to think of who they did select.

Interview Questions

• What is my greatest achievement. every single person besides myself gave a family achievement. their kids etc. if I had known they didn't care about my career achievements I would have answered differently.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2014.

Interview

He was very straight to the point and explained th job exactly. He expects a lot and wants everything done perfectly! No time for mistakes or you are a waste of money in his words