Farmers Insurance Group

Updated Dec 13, 2014
Updated Dec 13, 2014

2.7

Farmers Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in October 2014.

First they call you to ask if there's a time where you could do a phone interview first. That interview takes about 45 minutes to an hour. They will ask questions like "If you could do anything in the world for a job and be paid for it what would it be?"
    "How do you get complete strangers to trust you?"

It's a relatively easy interview, just make sure your answers are longer and more of a conversation than an interview and they'll love you.

Interview Questions

Because you have to get your license which the total cost is $750 and are not paid while you're getting your license. After that it's completely commission based. Yes it becomes residual income, but my biggest fear is not having a guaranteed income.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in June 2010.

Standard bbi questions. They will call you for screen and bring you in to tour. Just one round unless going for supervisor or manager. Overall pretty cut and dry process

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were faced with a difficult customer and what you did to handle the situation.   Answer Question

Agency Owner Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

2 quixk interviews, contract so you essentially work for yourself...it is fun and the training is good but no hands on training...one two three four five six seven eight nine ten

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. You work for yourself?

Liability Claims Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in November 2014.

I applied online. Then the next day was sent an email with a link to watch a short video. Also, links for 3 assessments. I completed the assessments on Nov. 4. With in 30 minutes I received a call scheduling a phone interview for the next day. The phone interview was the normal behavioral based interview. Tell me about a time when... Then interview went well and they scheduled an in person interview for Dec. 2nd. They are looking for a Jan. start date.

Interview Questions
    • I always think the do you have any questions for me is hard to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through other source – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

The hiring manager saw my resume from an online job search site. He called me and I was scheduled for an interview the next day. The interview wasn't really difficult. He just asked me about the details of my previous jobs. Then, he explained the job and the benefits if I decided to join the Company. The quota seems high (although I am not a salesperson and I really don't know the industry). Hence, I decided not to pursue my application with them.

Agent Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in October 2014.

The interview process was actually easy. I met with a recruiter and basically she went over all the things offered if I were to become an agent. She told me right then I was accepted. This of course was after I completed the background/credit check. It really was a too good to be true type interview. I got the offer but after looking at reviews not sure if I am going to sign the contract.

Interview Questions
    • How many years of sales experience I have.   View Answer

I don't like the fact that I am walking into to this opportunity $90K in debt from the get go due to having the subsidy. Also they do not offer any help on marketing

Farmers Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in October 2014.

I went in just for more information about a possible customer service role with the company. They wanted to talk to me about an agency owner position so I listened to what they had to say. By the time I left I had a completely new outlook on the company itself and it made me excited for the new possibilities. The interview process was very fast and everybody I met through the company from the receptionist to the owner of the branch were extremely friendly with a no pressure atmosphere of any kind.

Interview Questions
    • To be successful it was explained to me that you need to be willing to spend money to make money and in the end depending on your people and relationship building skills it can be a huge return but none the less I was asked if I thought I would be financially able to work there starting from the beginning before getting to the point of reaching those high returns after the initial few months of training was over.   Answer Question

Specialty Direct Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

The hiring process is ... a online assessment. If you pass the online assessment you would then be set up with a phone interview. If they liked how the phone interview when you would be set up for a real job preview/interview. They called me back a few days later with a job offer.

Offer letter

Customer Service Representative Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through email to set up an introductory interview. When I arrived, I interviewed with another career development member. It was a short interview and e basically wanted to find out what I was in the market for. The offers they had available were entry level. However, he was speaking to me about an Agent position which I was not interested in at the time.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in April 2014.

I interviewed with Farmers in spring of 2014. Very pleasant and professional staff. Was reached out to in an email, then showed up for the face to face interview. Asked me questions pertaining to my current job and experiences. I was then asked to return for an seminar about the company and what the position entailed. Overall, easygoing and professional interview.

Interview Questions

I declined due to the hiring process. Pertained to taking classes for about an month or two. At that time, just wasn't prepared for a lengthy hiring process as such.