Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Farmers Insurance Group
- Insurance Agent (53)
- Liability Claims Representative (25)
- Customer Service Representative (24)
- Claims Adjuster (17)
- Farmers Insurance Agent (14)
- Claims Representative (14)
- Agent (7)
- Field Claims Representative (7)
- Sales (6)
- Property Claims Adjuster (5)
- Sales Representative (5)
- Office Claims Representative (5)
- Auto Claims Representative (5)
- Auto Claims Adjuster (4)
- Marketing (4)
- Actuarial (3)
- Agency Producer (3)
- Service Advocate (3)
- Customer Service Associate (3)
- OCR (3)
- Recruiter (3)
- CSA (3)
- Med/PIP Claims Representative (3)
- Manager (3)
- Product Management Analyst (3)
- Office Claims Adjuster (2)
- Total Loss Specialist (2)
- Liability Claim Representative (2)
- District Recruiting Manager (2)
- District Recruiter (2)
- Declined OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took a week – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Fontana, CA) in June 2015.
I was scheduled for an interview by a head hunter, who said they found my resume on Career Builder, first thing I noticed was that the interview time could be picked and changed at random, as many times as possible, I rescheduled twice During the interview I was asked basic question about sales and future plans, I was told to PAY for a background check!
- What do think about sales Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Derby, KS) in March 2011.
Applied in person to local firm that I had ties to, was asked about past experience, future goals, comfortability with face to face customer service and willignesss to get my insurance license. Was asked why I wanted to work for Farmers and if my values aligned with theirs. I was also asked what I thought from an outsiders pov what they needed to improve on.
- What are your long term goals within Farmers Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2011.
One on one interview. A few situational questions and questions about customer service experience. I believe there was initially some skills testing. Typing speed test and computer competency. Not difficult at all for anyone that uses a computer on a regular basis. A mock phone call is conducted, if I remember correctly.
- How did you handle a difficult customer? Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Emeryville, CA) in March 2015.
You come in and the Interviewer talks about your background and career aspirations. After that, they will describe what the job is. What I mean by describe is that they will try to paint a pretty picture for you and "sell" this job to you. After they consider you they will give you a tour of the office and get you started on getting your state licenses to sell insurance.
- What are career goals? 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.
Phone interview with a recruiter then interview in a panel of 3 (2 supervisors and a Manager). The phone interview is relatively easy and brief. However, the in person interview consists of a very long behavior based questioning that is predetermined and the interviewers read off a script. If you pass this interview, you then do a ride a long with someone in the field and they report back about how they feel it went.
- An hour and a half of &#034;Tell me of a time when...&#034; questions Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2014.
Usual 2 -3 interviews, met with the trainer then met with the district manager. The usual hype about how you'll make a lot of money, have a lot of independence and everybody will love you. Both will duck questions about turnover, average or median income, always focusing on the stars.
- Standard questions 1 Answer
Nothing to negotiate, the program is what the program is.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in January 2013.
First was a phone call interview to just get the feel of you. Then came the actual interview. When I first came in I thought it was going to be a group interview, but it wasn't. It was an individual interview. The interviewers were friendly and nice;they kept everyone calm and comfortable.
- Why do you want to work for this company? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (New York, NY) in January 2013.
Behavioral based interview, panel of three. Focus on providing examples of leadership, excellent customer service, teamwork, projects. Also, what you have done to develop yourself, taking initiative and getting issues resolved.
- I don't recall an recall any specific questions. Be prepared for a behavioral based interviews Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in July 2015.
I sent my resume in and was contacted that day to take a test which took an hour. I passed the test and had a 0 gone interview two days later that lasted 45 min. Behavioral based. I was then given a face to face interview date with the "leadership" team. Human resources person, director (who had been with company less than ten years) manager and trainer. It was scheduled for 3 and a half weeks after the phone interview. The interview itself was 2 hours and a complete waste of time. It was me and two other candidates who had basically a smidgen of the experience I have in customer service and call center and education. They obviously want people who are barely qualified for the position. I was confident, excited, and enthusiastic during the interview. I got an email the next day saying that I hadn't been selected. I hate to think of who they did select.
- What is my greatest achievement. every single person besides myself gave a family achievement. their kids etc. if I had known they didn't care about my career achievements I would have answered differently. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2014.
He was very straight to the point and explained th job exactly. He expects a lot and wants everything done perfectly! No time for mistakes or you are a waste of money in his words
- What is different about you? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review