Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.6

Farmers Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Cedar Rapids, IA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very clear: First meeting with the Branch Manager Second meeting with both the District and Branch Manager The interviewer was very passionate about his work and the company. He presented the position clearly and completely. Asked several times for questions and clarification. He took the time to get to know me AND my skills/competencies. He was very knowledgeable, respectful and personable. I was definitely impressed with his manner and the interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• What is my idea of a lucrative salary vs. what is the salary range?   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in July 2015.

Interview

Their recruiter contacted me and we had a short phone interview. From there I had one interview with Human Resource manager and they had me fill out out a background check. The background check took about a week and a half to come back and once it did I was called back to meet with the district manager. We went over some of the same questions as the first interview we spoke more in depth about process to become and independent agent.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in July 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume in and was contacted that day to take a test which took an hour. I passed the test and had a 0 gone interview two days later that lasted 45 min. Behavioral based. I was then given a face to face interview date with the "leadership" team. Human resources person, director (who had been with company less than ten years) manager and trainer. It was scheduled for 3 and a half weeks after the phone interview. The interview itself was 2 hours and a complete waste of time. It was me and two other candidates who had basically a smidgen of the experience I have in customer service and call center and education. They obviously want people who are barely qualified for the position. I was confident, excited, and enthusiastic during the interview. I got an email the next day saying that I hadn't been selected. I hate to think of who they did select.

Interview Questions

• What is my greatest achievement. every single person besides myself gave a family achievement. their kids etc. if I had known they didn't care about my career achievements I would have answered differently.   Answer Question

Auto Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Grand Prairie, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, about a week later I received an call, which I missed, and then an email requesting a phone interview after which I got another email saying I was moving forward and asking me to review the online video for the position. I was also supposed to describe "something significant you‘ve accomplished in the area of exceeding customer service expectations" and email it back. I got an interview date and a request to do a personality test. I interviewed with 2 managers and a supervisor. Normal STAR based questions after which they left me in the room for a brief minute while they conferred and then came back and told me they would get back to me by the next week.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was with a young man who seemed very honest and down to earth! They asked me a lot about my past managerial positions,and asked if i'd be interested in staying with the company for an extended period of time so as to better learn their business model and learn to really sell insurance. Seems to have lots of potential for growth!

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Plantation, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview, an analytical abilities test, followed up by an in person interview with several different members of the actuarial staff, sometimes 1 on 1 and sometimes 2 on 1. Each stage was promptly followed by the next stage,

Interview Questions

• They asked mostly standard behavioral questions, nothing too unusual. I was tested on my knowledge of Excel and SQL.   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Grand Prairie, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

1) Applied online 2) Received a call about scheduling a phone interview 3) Received an email about scheduling a face to face interview 4) interview with 3 managers 5) Sat in with a Claims rep 6) Interview with 2 hiring managers 7) Received an offer the next day Everyone was very welcoming. I definitely felt very comfortable. I have nothing but great things to say about Farmers Insurance at this location.

Interview Questions

I was between two great companies and chose what was best for me. It was a close pick.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Fontana, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was scheduled for an interview by a head hunter, who said they found my resume on Career Builder, first thing I noticed was that the interview time could be picked and changed at random, as many times as possible, I rescheduled twice During the interview I was asked basic question about sales and future plans, I was told to PAY for a background check!

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Met with agent at the office and was hired on the spot. Discussed goals for the agency and plans to drum up business. Interviewer explained the need for extraordinary customer service skills and constant stream of ideas for customer acquisition and retention. I caught the agent's enthusiasm right away and we clicked.

Interview Questions

• My experience with customer service, with running an office, with insurance products, and using computer software/hardware.   2 Answers

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clarkston, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Clarkston, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

They first called me about a recruiter position, then I saw online that it was changed to a HR Specialist title. He seemed very friendly, but the position was a little less challenging then it was first described to me. The position then changed mid-interview to resume reviewer and appointment setter so he could do the interviews, which would be a step-down for any seasoned HR person. He talked badly about the person that previously held the position, didn't ask many professional questions, but many personal questions, including if I lived at home with my parents! He claimed I looked young, and he has a problem with young ones. Nice person, but I would politely decline moving forward with the process.

Interview Questions

Small office, no room for growth of position or duties, I think he was put back by what I currently make as a salary, he's looking for an appointment setter.