Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions

2.7

Accounting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in June 2014.

Did not really go through HR.
    1) Phone interview with supervisor - asked me to elaborate my resume (mostly walking through what I know in terms of skills and experience) and wanted me to come in for an office interview. Felt like he puts some emphasis on Excel. So I brushed up my Excel skills in case I might be tested when I visit the office, but no questions about Excel was asked.
    2) Office interview - the same supervisor who called me + another associate interviewed me. 2 on 1. 100% behavioral questions (what kind of boss do you prefer to work it? what is the most difficult decision you had to make? tell me about your brainstorming experience recently?) Expect about ~20 questions like that. My advice to you is prep prep rep and practice.
    3) After talking to them I was handed a work prioritization paper. You have to prioritize the tasks and explain why (all in writing)
    4) Was directed to another manager's office. More behavioral questions and 3 mental math problems. Asked for GPA.
    5) Then finished the interview with a test on the computer. Not a technical test, just challenge your ability and thinking process on how to infer, deduce, assume, and conclude. You don't need any knowledge of accounting or Excel or job-related to do this test.

I got a call 5 days later and the supervisor informed me that I was one of the top candidates. I needed to email my transcript to them. 2 days after that HR called and said they'd like to extend the offer to me.

Very normal interview experience. I personally thought I bombed it, however.

Interview Questions
    • You are at a meeting and have to calculate some math in your head......(and gave 3 scenarios which require you to do the mental calculations)   View Answer
    Did not have any discussion about salary. Farmers pay better than its competitor. You'll be happy with what they offer.

Agent Interview

accepted as a reserve agent and entered program once I demonstrated abilities and passion for the career
    I went through extensive training and licensing before I graduated to become an agent

Interview Questions
    • typical behavioral questions...what motivates you? what makes you a good candidate for this career?   Answer Question

Regional Recruiting Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

So far, my experiences with the team at Farmers Insurance at one of the Minnesota offices has been fantastic. As soon as I went in to the office, I felt a feeling of welcoming and belonging in the environment. The office really did seem like a very positive and upbeat culture. I will say the only con is that I was not initially contacted about my application until about two weeks after I had applied.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, but I also have several years experience as a recruiter. I thought the interview was very direct, which I loved.   Answer Question

Farmers Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

The initial interview was very basic. They would get an idea about your personality through this interview and explain what the career path would be. The next interview would be after the background check. That basically explains what steps are needed to be completed to get your license, the type of commitment you have to put to be successful.

Interview Questions
    • there were no difficult questions, it was a basic interview   Answer Question

INSURANCE AGENCY OWNER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in June 2014.

A recruiter found my resume and preformed an initial phone screening. The next process was a face-to-face interveiw. The face to face seemed more about convincing the applicant to take the position.

Customer Service Representative/Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eagan, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in August 2012.

Email invitation for an interview, better dress professional, show up on time, always be yourself, answer questions truthfully, and the longer the interview, the better chance at landing a position.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember there being any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations other than work hours/days.

Office Claims Representative/Auto Liability Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2014.

I first applied online, and I recieved a call the next day and was asked to complete some tests online. I took the tests, split them into 2 days and submitted. The day after I submitted all of the tests, I recieved a call and took a phone interview. They wanted me to come in for an in person interview that week, but I had to schedule something for the following week to work with my schedule. I was supposed to have a group interview, but I was the only one there and sat with a panel of 5 managers. They took turns asking me questions. After the interview, I went out on the floor and sat with an employee for about 45 minutes and got to see her on the job and ask any questions. I was also asked to write down any vacation time I would need off at that time. I believe my interview was on a Thursday, and the following Monday was a holliday, I recieved a call for an offer on Tuesday. The whole process went fairly quickly.

Interview Questions
    • I can't recall any questions that stook out as being difficult to answer, they seemed to be the usual interview questions. Questions about how you manage your time, how you handle conflict or deal with upset customers, can you multi task, what are your strengths and weakensses, in your last job what would your manager say you did really well and also what you can improve on, describe 3 characteristics about yourself.   Answer Question

Product Management Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Applied online and got interview in 3 days. It is a HR interview and just basic background check questions. It takes about 15 minute. Question like your experience about dealing with client

Service Advocate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in May 2014.

The overall process was very fast once I applied online for the open position online. I am actually a rehire and could not be happier to be back working for Farmers on the FIG side!

Interview Questions
    Very good communication provided during the hiring process and what to expect.

CSA Multi Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in January 2014.

Very involved process, online tests, phone interview group interview in person complete with tour and job shadowing. The company really cares and you can tell through their interview process. They want to make sure the job is a good fit for you and the training process is very lengthy and well worth it.