Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
237 interviews

2.7

Farmers Insurance Agent Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

The initial interview was very basic. They would get an idea about your personality through this interview and explain what the career path would be. The next interview would be after the background check. That basically explains what steps are needed to be completed to get your license, the type of commitment you have to put to be successful.

Interview Questions
    • there were no difficult questions, it was a basic interview   Answer Question

INSURANCE AGENCY OWNER Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in June 2014.

A recruiter found my resume and preformed an initial phone screening. The next process was a face-to-face interveiw. The face to face seemed more about convincing the applicant to take the position.

Customer Service Representative/Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eagan, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in August 2012.

Email invitation for an interview, better dress professional, show up on time, always be yourself, answer questions truthfully, and the longer the interview, the better chance at landing a position.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember there being any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations other than work hours/days.

Office Claims Representative/Auto Liability Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2014.

I first applied online, and I recieved a call the next day and was asked to complete some tests online. I took the tests, split them into 2 days and submitted. The day after I submitted all of the tests, I recieved a call and took a phone interview. They wanted me to come in for an in person interview that week, but I had to schedule something for the following week to work with my schedule. I was supposed to have a group interview, but I was the only one there and sat with a panel of 5 managers. They took turns asking me questions. After the interview, I went out on the floor and sat with an employee for about 45 minutes and got to see her on the job and ask any questions. I was also asked to write down any vacation time I would need off at that time. I believe my interview was on a Thursday, and the following Monday was a holliday, I recieved a call for an offer on Tuesday. The whole process went fairly quickly.

Interview Questions
    • I can't recall any questions that stook out as being difficult to answer, they seemed to be the usual interview questions. Questions about how you manage your time, how you handle conflict or deal with upset customers, can you multi task, what are your strengths and weakensses, in your last job what would your manager say you did really well and also what you can improve on, describe 3 characteristics about yourself.   Answer Question

Product Management Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Applied online and got interview in 3 days. It is a HR interview and just basic background check questions. It takes about 15 minute. Question like your experience about dealing with client

Service Advocate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in May 2014.

The overall process was very fast once I applied online for the open position online. I am actually a rehire and could not be happier to be back working for Farmers on the FIG side!

Interview Questions
    Very good communication provided during the hiring process and what to expect.

CSA Multi Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in January 2014.

Very involved process, online tests, phone interview group interview in person complete with tour and job shadowing. The company really cares and you can tell through their interview process. They want to make sure the job is a good fit for you and the training process is very lengthy and well worth it.

CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in March 2014.

There is online testing that must be completed before a phone interview is scheduled. Once they have a chance to review your tests, and if you completed them to their satisfaction, they will email you back or call you to schedule a phone interview. That interview took about 15 minutes. If they are satisfied, they ask to schedule an interview at the facility in Olathe, KS. That interview consists of 2 supervisors meeting with you and asking questions like "In your previous jobs, how have you dealt with a difficult customer?" That interview lasted about 30 minutes. After the interview, I got to sit with an associate who had been there for a while to get a feel of what the calls were like. I was then contacted back by phone a couple days later offering me the position and advising me of available schedules.

They sent me a letter advising what they were offering. I accepted the position.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2014.

Had online questions and test, then phone interview, then face to face interview, after the face to face interviews as a group we listened to calls being taken and then we were offerd the positions

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in which your job was stressful, and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    very professional and very high energy

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in April 2014.

The hiring process was very smooth and streamlined. I applied online, received a call later (within a week or so) for an initial interview (just quick screening) and to set up some skills/personality testing. I took the tests that day and received a call the following day to set up a phone interview, which I had later that day. The phone interview took about an hour and was very thorough. Following the phone interview, I had an in-person interview (the next day) at the claims center. I met with 2 hiring individuals and went through a behavior based interview. I also had a tour of the facility and had the opportunity to shadow a current claims representative to get a feel for the job. I received a call before the day was over letting me know I was getting an offer and then received an official offer email/letter the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you reacted and resolved the problem.   Answer Question