Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.6

Auto Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

interviewed with three person panel. Everyone seemed nice. They took turns asking questions. Lasted about 30 minutes. Was told that they would be interviewing few more people. Called after couple of weeks and they said they put a hold on hiring till possibly April.

Farmers Insurance Agent Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in March 2015.

Interview

Was recruited online through a job website. Called multiple times and I returned call. Set up interview for next day. Interview was fairly easy mostly a "sales" type interview. Experience in sales of any kind is a must for this company. They look for confident individuals looking to further their own personal brand as well as the companies brand. This job is not for people who need a steady income.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different from other's I have interviewed?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Emeryville, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter and informed they were interviewing for all types of positions. I was then told I could come in for an interview a few days later.I was told to dress professional when coming. When I arrived everyone was dressed in jeans and casual, then I was told it was casual Friday which is not the most professional if you have jeans on and your candidate is dressed in a suit. Then I was taken into the back office and basically it was a sales pitch on becoming a agent sat down was asked what I know about insurance, what I know about farmers and what I am looking for in a position. Then the farmers employee read off his computer powerpoint screen with an ipad for me to read along with. To me makes it a lot less impersonal when reading. the presentation was all towards sales and commissions and being an agent. Then came to talking bout if I was interested in working in the support area I would have to pass a background criminal and credit and how in depth it were and how I can't have anything on my credit like collections, just because I'm unemployed doesn't mean I don't pay bills. The interviewer made it a point to repeat himself with nothing in my background can be found in order to move forward. Also to be in any role with farmers you have to pass the license tests. At the end of supposed interview I was then asked if I was really serious about moving forward and if I was I would have to pay for my own criminal and credit background and my own credentials in order to even be considered for positions. Wouldn't recommend wasting your time unless you are willing to not be paid until your officially an agent and want to be a sales person.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in March 2015.

Interview

BBI (behavioral based interview). They prefer that you use the STAR method which means you need to answer with a specific example of something you have gone through either in the workplace or in the classroom. You are not given many opportunities to boast any accolades so be prepared to drop your guard and give honest examples even if they make you look bad. It is important to address the action you took and the result.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time there was a policy change that you didn't agree with.   1 Answer

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then took a two hour assessment online. I was contacted by a recruiter to do a phone interview. The interview was all behavior based questions. Be specific and give examples! I was then asked to come in for a face to face. There was a meet and greet with the other candidates and management. After introducing yourself there is shadowing of a current employee for about 20 minutes. After shadowing an employee there was the actual interview that consisted of me and two managers. The continued with the behavior based interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Behavior Based Interview questions. Prepare and be specific   1 Answer

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Cherry Hill, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

An HR lead me to a room and ask me if I need the ownership fund or not, and I said I need an internship and the HR said she will try to connect with others.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Basic interview process with background check. Contacted by recruiter, took an aptitude test, then interviewed. Ultimately, you need to be licensed in P&C and Life & health and complete the one month long training program which you aren't paid for.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Meet with the recruiters and had a brief interview. She went over the process to become an agent. Was introduce to some office personnel and had an office tour.

Interview Questions

• What would your friends/colleagues say about you?   2 Answers

It wasn't something I thought I would enjoy doing based on my past experience.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Its a three part process with three interviews in person after a brief phone questionnaire. The initial interview was more like a sales pitch of a the company than an interview of me. I felt like I was being sold beach front property in the FL everglades. It is a commission only position till you have 44 sales and then the base pay is $2500 a month with a 25 sale per month expectation. The interviewer went on and on about the other people she had interviewed in the past for this position including an Olympic athlete...no mention of this actually being a current employee.

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Interview

Great...so far..hopefully.. I'll get a second interview! The person was very friendly & helpful through out the process. Talk slow & make you take your time while listening to the question.

Interview Questions

• How did u resolve conflict with a manager ? Give examples, that show your examples ?   1 Answer