Farmers Insurance Group

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.6

Specialty Direct Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

The hiring process is ... a online assessment. If you pass the online assessment you would then be set up with a phone interview. If they liked how the phone interview when you would be set up for a real job preview/interview. They called me back a few days later with a job offer.

Offer letter

Customer Service Representative Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through email to set up an introductory interview. When I arrived, I interviewed with another career development member. It was a short interview and e basically wanted to find out what I was in the market for. The offers they had available were entry level. However, he was speaking to me about an Agent position which I was not interested in at the time.

Auto Physical Damage Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Has been a quick process so far. Applied online and received an email within a week wanting to set up a phone interview. After conducting a phone interview, two assessment tests were given. After passing the tests I was again contacted by email letting me know that a face to face interview would be set up by a hiring manager. I was contacted by phone by a manager to set up a face to face. All of this took about two weeks. So far everyone has been very polite and professional. I am looking forward to my interview and joining their team. Good luck!

Auto Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Applied online. Next day received email to schedule interview by phone with recruiter. Received email for personality test. Got call from branch and was interviewed by phone again by a supervisor but was not ready for interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Just a few days after submitting application to agent, I was called for a brief phone interview. We spoke 10-15 minutes, the typical basic questions. She then asked if I could come to the office for an interview with one of her staff and herself; I was able to go in that day and the interview was less than 30 minutes. Again, no surprises. She was very interested in my integrity and rather intensely watching me for responses. I was offered the job on the spot, and requested to think about my response. I accepted the next day.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to rank the basic responsibilities of the job in order of importance; I can't exactly remember but it was something to the effect of 'claims', 'quotes', 'current clients'..   View Answer
    No negotiation

Marketing Specialist/Customer Service/Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in November 2014.

They called me to setup an interview after finding me on Monster. I was about 20 mins early and was able to meet with someone immediately after completing a simple single sheet questionnaire. I brought an extra copy of my resume as requested but it was apparent that the interviewer had "glanced" at it before my arrival. As you'd probably expect the interviewer pushed and tried to close me as an Agent by telling me that they only hire people with marketing experience. On my resume in black ink is a B.B.A. in Marketing, 2 years experience as head of a Marketing Department, and 8 years of small business marketing strategy. I was by far more prepared for the interview than they were and left with an offer as an Agent and a "I'll pass your resume on" reply.

Interview Questions
    • "Do you have any questions for me?" Seriously.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in November 2014.

Employee Referral. Took the tests. Had a phone interview. Got the generic email the following day that says I was not selected. The process took weeks. $40,000 starting salary.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you disagreed with your supervisor or manager what happened?
      Tell me a time your volunteered for a project or a process,

Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in November 2014.

I applied online. Then the next day was sent an email with a link to watch a short video. Also, links for 3 assessments. I completed the assessments on Nov. 4. With in 30 minutes I received a call scheduling a phone interview for the next day. The phone interview was the normal behavioral based interview. Tell me about a time when... Then interview went well and they scheduled an in person interview for Dec. 2nd. They are looking for a Jan. start date.

Interview Questions
    • I always think the do you have any questions for me is hard to answer.   Answer Question

Sales Agency Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

They just email you a template informing you of an opportunity to participate in this Agency Ownership Program which is actually a MGM scheme instead of a real job opportunity. Beware.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to invest in your future ? and goes to sell you an insurance package so you can start !   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in October 2014.

I applied online and did a test. I passed the test and then was interviewed by the recruiter and hiring manager over the phone. I have been interviewed twice on the behavioral based interviews. They said this position is entry level but they want a seasoned veteran so they can underpay. The behavioral based interview was difficult and I didn't pass it cause my examples were not specific enough. Keep in mind I was a former employee and I had worked there for a few years. Personally these types of interviews are pointless. Its claims not an analytical position. I can see why they are failing among their competitors.