Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.6

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Downers Grove, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I met with recruiter first then with District Manager. Then I had a one on one with both. I submitted to a lengthy online evaluation process and background checks. Finally I met with staff, and an offer was subsequently made.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in a position with Farmers? Tell me about your past experience. How would you rate your skills?   Answer Question

Farmers Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Cherry Hill, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview is mostly a description of the job. The first quarter you need to sell 15 property and casualty and 2 life. Then it gets bumped to 40 P/C and 4 Life. I submitted a background check was cleared after 2 days.(They didn't make me pay for it.) I have a second interview with the trainers so I will know more. I am a bit skeptical about putting money in to make money.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Emeryville, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

You come in and the Interviewer talks about your background and career aspirations. After that, they will describe what the job is. What I mean by describe is that they will try to paint a pretty picture for you and "sell" this job to you. After they consider you they will give you a tour of the office and get you started on getting your state licenses to sell insurance.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Boulder, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

They pulled my resume online and gave very little details about what they were bringing me in for. It was essentially a sales pitch to become an agency owner. Start my own office, run my own business. They were pretty honest once I got there that it was going to take a substantial amount of my time and my money. Base salary of $2000 a month temporarily, after I completed training. This salary is only for start-up. During training, it was completely commission based pay. You also pay for the licensing, they prepare you. Nothing was said however, of the taxes, overhead or anything else that you would be responsible for due to it being YOUR business. If you are interested keep in mind , despite the "most of the agents make this" speech, you are looking at the same as what you would expect to make for the first 5 years of any business....nothing. $60,000 - expenses. Taxes and overhead are quite substantial expenses.

Interview Questions

• Are you ready to leave the corporate world and how open-minded are you to opportunity?   1 Answer

Starting a business at this time in my life would not be wise. I would need to devote much more time and effort to make I successful. I do not have that time or the finances to allow me to do so. It might be of interest to me in the future, but not able to now.

Auto Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

interviewed with three person panel. Everyone seemed nice. They took turns asking questions. Lasted about 30 minutes. Was told that they would be interviewing few more people. Called after couple of weeks and they said they put a hold on hiring till possibly April.

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then took a two hour assessment online. I was contacted by a recruiter to do a phone interview. The interview was all behavior based questions. Be specific and give examples! I was then asked to come in for a face to face. There was a meet and greet with the other candidates and management. After introducing yourself there is shadowing of a current employee for about 20 minutes. After shadowing an employee there was the actual interview that consisted of me and two managers. The continued with the behavior based interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Behavior Based Interview questions. Prepare and be specific   1 Answer

Farmers Insurance Agent Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in March 2015.

Interview

Was recruited online through a job website. Called multiple times and I returned call. Set up interview for next day. Interview was fairly easy mostly a "sales" type interview. Experience in sales of any kind is a must for this company. They look for confident individuals looking to further their own personal brand as well as the companies brand. This job is not for people who need a steady income.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different from other's I have interviewed?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted from a Human Resources representative, and then had an interview scheduled. I meet with HR recruiter the week they contacted me. Farmer's Insurance seems to really support their new agents. I liked learning this about the company, but I am not looking to build my own business. I am looking for work as an insurance CSR. With the Farmer's CSR positions the company recommends the agents pay their licensed workers $16 to $18 an hour. I think this is a fair wage. The problem is when the agents extend their offers, it could (and probably will be) for a lower hourly rate with the promise of a cut of commission. For me personally, the agent offering the CSR position was only offering part time and a much lower base than I can financially manage with. I had to pass this time, but I left with a positive impression and good information from my Farmer's interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in March 2015.

Interview

BBI (behavioral based interview). They prefer that you use the STAR method which means you need to answer with a specific example of something you have gone through either in the workplace or in the classroom. You are not given many opportunities to boast any accolades so be prepared to drop your guard and give honest examples even if they make you look bad. It is important to address the action you took and the result.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time there was a policy change that you didn't agree with.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Emeryville, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter and informed they were interviewing for all types of positions. I was then told I could come in for an interview a few days later.I was told to dress professional when coming. When I arrived everyone was dressed in jeans and casual, then I was told it was casual Friday which is not the most professional if you have jeans on and your candidate is dressed in a suit. Then I was taken into the back office and basically it was a sales pitch on becoming a agent sat down was asked what I know about insurance, what I know about farmers and what I am looking for in a position. Then the farmers employee read off his computer powerpoint screen with an ipad for me to read along with. To me makes it a lot less impersonal when reading. the presentation was all towards sales and commissions and being an agent. Then came to talking bout if I was interested in working in the support area I would have to pass a background criminal and credit and how in depth it were and how I can't have anything on my credit like collections, just because I'm unemployed doesn't mean I don't pay bills. The interviewer made it a point to repeat himself with nothing in my background can be found in order to move forward. Also to be in any role with farmers you have to pass the license tests. At the end of supposed interview I was then asked if I was really serious about moving forward and if I was I would have to pay for my own criminal and credit background and my own credentials in order to even be considered for positions. Wouldn't recommend wasting your time unless you are willing to not be paid until your officially an agent and want to be a sales person.