Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.6

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Interview

Great...so far..hopefully.. I'll get a second interview! The person was very friendly & helpful through out the process. Talk slow & make you take your time while listening to the question.

Interview Questions

• How did u resolve conflict with a manager ? Give examples, that show your examples ?   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

The Reserve Field Manager was very persuading but not honest during the interview leaving many aspects out or providing untruthful information. Most of the information provided applied to experienced Agents. No note of the financial resources needed.

Interview Questions

• None. The interviewer is paid based on the number of interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be ready to invest money. Not a job.

Farmers Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in February 2015.

Interview

I was a bit hesitant interviewing with another Insurance agency but was impressed by the clean, professional manner in which the interview took place. It wasn't the sales pitch I was expecting. I was able to ask, and was given informed answers on, multiple questions on the position and structure of the company.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty generic...."So, tell me about yourself..." etc.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valparaiso, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Valparaiso, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

I emailed him my resume then he contacted me via phone. Gave me a call and had a phone interview. Then we scheduled an office interview. Did background check and now going back to discuss pay benefits and schedule.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Santa Rosa, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I went in 3 times, and passed the first two. The third time they gave me a list of 10 people to call. I called all and got even one person to go through a interview for their sales agent position. They were terribly disorganized. They never sent me a email to confirm the interview. They called me up 10 min before my third interview told me thr DM was sick (I got ready and drove their for no nothing.) And they told me they would call me back after the third interview to tell me the outcome but never did...go figure. This Santa Rosa office doe have their stuff together and the DM, is a snake.

Interview Questions

• None, all they did is want to talk to me.   1 Answer

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calif City, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Calif City, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Recruiter seemed uninterested and had no personality. Hard to connect with - like I was talking to a wall. Not interactive probably because recruiter had no concept what the job entailed but I thought they were supposed to be a people person. Also clueless about the office where position was located. With a recruiter like this no way you're getting an offer. Makes me wonder if a position was really available - maybe they were just fishing!!! I probably would have a better interview process at a grocery store! Progressive Ins. gives the best interviews probably because that company is based on liking people.

Service Advocate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online the same day the job was posted. I received an email with an online assesment to complete within 24 hours of applying. I did the assesment online from home. A few days later, I got an email from an HR lady wanting to schedule a phone interview. She scheduled the phone interview a week out. Phone interview went well-I got offered an in-person group interview but it was a month out! I went to the in-person interview and got a call within days with a job offer. I accepted it and its been almost two weeks since then. I did an online background check and job offer but I need to make sure everything clears before officially resigning. Except... my online application status was changed to "No longer under consideration". This occured sometime between when they called me to offer me the job and the time they sent me the official job offer and background check info. Now my stomach is just in knots trying to figure out if I have a job or not Also worth mentioning-employee referral is everything. Every single person in my group interview was an existing employee referral.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caledonia, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Caledonia, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

First there was the online application, then a phone interview, and then an in-person interview. The in-person interview was with a supervisor and a current employee, and was very casual and relaxed, though business professional was required.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

FIrst, I just dropped off my resume in a career fair and then a week or so I got a phone call. I was called up for a phone interview and then proceeded to an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• A technical question from the FM exam. It was actually really simple after taking the exam.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Pre interview testing is required. Basic math, reading, typing and interactive review to test multitasking and coordination and a personality test. Upon "passing" they conduct a Behavioral based interview, very little personal questions about yourself. After completion there is a second interview and then you sit and watch the job for an hour or so. After all is done you either get a nice form letter email declination, or a call from HR with an offer. If accepted they do a very extensive background and credit check. No bankruptcies or criminal activity can be present.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when..... They look for the Example, the process and the final outcome. Make sure you follow through with these questions. True stories or not, they want to know what you would do to handle the situation. Whether you have done it or not. Tell me a time when you had a confrontation with a coworker, you went above and beyond for a customer, ect.   Answer Question

Negotiation

After pre interview testing and two interviews HR will call you with a job offer including salary. I did not try to negotiate salary.