Farmers Insurance Group

2.7

Service Advocate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in May 2014.

The overall process was very fast once I applied online for the open position online. I am actually a rehire and could not be happier to be back working for Farmers on the FIG side!

Interview Questions
    Very good communication provided during the hiring process and what to expect.

Sales Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in May 2014.

The initial contact was really easy. The rep contacted me via email and then progressed to a phone interview that let to a 1:1 interview. It didn't feel very open ended with the usual "We'll call you if interested" sort of feel, I was always told exactly what the next step was and when I would be contacted.

Interview Questions
    • What is your total amount available in liquid assets?   View Answer

Compensation is not where I needed it to be.

Agent Producer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in May 2014.

I sent in a resume, the next day got a phone call to come in for an interview. By the end of the week received another phone call with an offer as part-time and to start the following week. Went through training at the district office and more training at the office.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnsville, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnsville, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in May 2014.

Applied through my University's career website. Was called in for an interview with a recruiter. Then was called in for a second interview with the district manager. Mostly behavioral questions, some had to do with knowledge of insurance. Overall it was a very easy interview process. The internship was mostly quoting existing and potential clients, designing fliers and other marketing tools, and shadowing district manager.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between term and life insurance?   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

The phone interview was conducted by a HR recruiter. It was more like a screening interview. She asked only the most basic questions, like going through your resume. "I see you did this this from when to when, tell me about that." After the interview, she said the conversation was really pleasant and forwarded my resume to three different Actuarial Associate. And then, I was contacted by them for a second round of interviews,

Customer Service Representative Producer Interview

very lengthy, hoarding them in mentality

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Contacted by recruiter and was sent personality and business acumen testing. A phone interview followed. General questions such as what are your strengths and weaknesses and how do you handle stressful situations. The interviewer obviously sticks to a questionnaire form so interviews will be weighed consistently. She than asked if you know anything about the company and position.

Interview Questions
    • I was interested in auto adjusting but the recruiter asked if I were interested in property adjusting.   View Answer

Senior Commercial Underwriting Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caledonia, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caledonia, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

I got a call very quickly as they were trying to find anyone with insurance experience to staff their commercial call center. I did have to take a typing test, which was kind of hillarious.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation not really possible - salary levels are very structured by job.

Liability Claims Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

I was referred by a friend. I had one phone interview with a recruiter and two in-person interviews followed-up with a ride along with a current claims rep. Overall the hiring process was pretty informal. The rep that I rode along with was in the process of leaving the company and there was a strong sense of apathy. It is a very mundane career path; not for those with a sales mind so beware. Most people there are financially and career stagnant so if you are a mover and a shaker you may find the job very unfulfilling after a while. Get used to loving to overcome objections because it is all the job is. I am not a drug-user but I was surprised there was no drug test given you are given a company vehicle.

Interview Questions
    • All generic situational questions to see how you resolve conflict i.e. You are negotiating a claim with a customer and not getting anywhere and they ask to just deal with your manager directly instead of you how would you handle that.   View Answer
    There was no real negotiation. I made a demand for $5000 over the initial offer but then was able to only get a $1500 increase.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in April 2014.

In person interview, computerized application, background check, total of 92 hours online course, exams, wait to be licensed, company training, reserve contact, sell 40 P&C and 4 Life policies, and then you get your official career agent contract.

Interview Questions
    • they ask you what are your past experiences, what sales experience do you have, what are you looking for in a career?   Answer Question