Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions

2.7

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in March 2014.

took a long time, had to keep contacting recruiter, was insult by hiring manager terrible people. what bothers me is that I was told over and over they are looking for real genuine sales reps. I am a top sales rep proven top rep and I was insulted by a Hispanic manager who told me he didn't think I could sell and that I was 'soft spoken' after giving a 10 minute genius dissertation on the sales process. I was above and beyond what they were looking for- I gave detailed explanations and analysis on sales, my sales, every aspect of selling and was insulted by a jealous hiring manager who chose to insult and berate me and not hire me. this is very wrong to do to any candidate- don't hire someone but you have no right to wrongly insult them especially when they are exceptional- I feel these nasty managers are out to berate exceptional people, not hire them and hire completely unqualified stupid people for these positions as the person I shadowed was horrible and not even a sales person. famers is just a crappy company and I would stay away from the hiring process completely if you are exceptional. I was told they didn't think I could sell when ive been selling for over TEN YEARS and have been a TOP seller everywhere ive been, yet the female I shadowed was horrible and actually couldn't sell but they hired her and not only didn't hire a TOP SELLER GENIUS but insulted me in the process? if you interview with them just look stupid and nod and they will hire you but by no means should you give long in depth analysis on anything or show that you are in any way intelligent.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson City, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson City, NV

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in March 2014.

Walked into an empty office 10 mins before my interview. 5 mins later a lady walks out of the restroom and was surprised that I was early for my interview. We walked back to an office. She then started to explain the job and told me how my job were such great experience. Well it wasn't a job job, I would first have to pay for a background check then talk some classes and then go into a reserve where I might be about to become a insurance agent. I immediately told her that I was not interested. She then asked me if my husband would be interested and to show him the booklet. ( She never meet him and only knew of him because I said I was married.) Diffidently seemed scam-y

Interview Questions
    • None- She asked me no questions just told me I was a great fit.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

phone interviews, on-site interviews

Business Analyst/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mercer Island, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mercer Island, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2014.

The interview was with two people, including the primary project manager and the business manager. I walked into the lobby and immediately felt like I was in 1965 - complete with white vinyl chairs and the Farmers logo on them. The lobby looked clean, but was extraordinarily dated. The business manager came down to meet me and we went up the elevator a few floors. She led me to a back office on the floor we arrived on. The first thought in my mind was that I was in the movie "Office Space"...

Interview Questions
    • How many projects did you complete? (really!?)... Did you not read the resume?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

You will interview with 5-6 actuaries.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2014.

The recruiter called the morning after submitted my resume and we set up an interview within three days. The interview was pleasant and he was very nice, however, what it continually referred to a subsidy is really a loan. If you fail to meet your goals for a quarter they start having you pay back your subsity.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any questions, we chatted a bit, he asked me to fill out an application, complete with a complete financial statement.   Answer Question

I declined because I don't want to have to take out a loan to be able to work.

Office Claims Representative/Auto Liability Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2014.

I first applied online, and I recieved a call the next day and was asked to complete some tests online. I took the tests, split them into 2 days and submitted. The day after I submitted all of the tests, I recieved a call and took a phone interview. They wanted me to come in for an in person interview that week, but I had to schedule something for the following week to work with my schedule. I was supposed to have a group interview, but I was the only one there and sat with a panel of 5 managers. They took turns asking me questions. After the interview, I went out on the floor and sat with an employee for about 45 minutes and got to see her on the job and ask any questions. I was also asked to write down any vacation time I would need off at that time. I believe my interview was on a Thursday, and the following Monday was a holliday, I recieved a call for an offer on Tuesday. The whole process went fairly quickly.

Interview Questions
    • I can't recall any questions that stook out as being difficult to answer, they seemed to be the usual interview questions. Questions about how you manage your time, how you handle conflict or deal with upset customers, can you multi task, what are your strengths and weakensses, in your last job what would your manager say you did really well and also what you can improve on, describe 3 characteristics about yourself.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2014.

Had online questions and test, then phone interview, then face to face interview, after the face to face interviews as a group we listened to calls being taken and then we were offerd the positions

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in which your job was stressful, and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    very professional and very high energy

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2014.

Applied online. Heard back from human resources a couple weeks later for some skill tests, including typing and multi-tasking. Received an email that I passed that portion and they would like to do a phone interview with me. Went through the phone interview and was selected to do an on site interview with two supervisors.

Interview Questions
    • All behavior based questions, no "trick questions".   View Answer
    No negotiation, accepted job as is.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2014.

I got a call back from an agent out in Dallas and i came in to "talk" about an opportunity he had for me and was pretty much offered the job on the spot.

Not into insurance sales