Farmers Insurance Group

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.7

Actuarial Intern Interview

The phone interview was conducted by a HR recruiter. It was more like a screening interview. She asked only the most basic questions, like going through your resume. "I see you did this this from when to when, tell me about that." After the interview, she said the conversation was really pleasant and forwarded my resume to three different Actuarial Associate. And then, I was contacted by them for a second round of interviews,

Customer Service Representative Producer Interview

very lengthy, hoarding them in mentality

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Contacted by recruiter and was sent personality and business acumen testing. A phone interview followed. General questions such as what are your strengths and weaknesses and how do you handle stressful situations. The interviewer obviously sticks to a questionnaire form so interviews will be weighed consistently. She than asked if you know anything about the company and position.

Interview Questions
    • I was interested in auto adjusting but the recruiter asked if I were interested in property adjusting.   View Answer

Senior Commercial Underwriting Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caledonia, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caledonia, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

I got a call very quickly as they were trying to find anyone with insurance experience to staff their commercial call center. I did have to take a typing test, which was kind of hillarious.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation not really possible - salary levels are very structured by job.

Liability Claims Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

I was referred by a friend. I had one phone interview with a recruiter and two in-person interviews followed-up with a ride along with a current claims rep. Overall the hiring process was pretty informal. The rep that I rode along with was in the process of leaving the company and there was a strong sense of apathy. It is a very mundane career path; not for those with a sales mind so beware. Most people there are financially and career stagnant so if you are a mover and a shaker you may find the job very unfulfilling after a while. Get used to loving to overcome objections because it is all the job is. I am not a drug-user but I was surprised there was no drug test given you are given a company vehicle.

Interview Questions
    • All generic situational questions to see how you resolve conflict i.e. You are negotiating a claim with a customer and not getting anywhere and they ask to just deal with your manager directly instead of you how would you handle that.   View Answer
    There was no real negotiation. I made a demand for $5000 over the initial offer but then was able to only get a $1500 increase.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in April 2014.

In person interview, computerized application, background check, total of 92 hours online course, exams, wait to be licensed, company training, reserve contact, sell 40 P&C and 4 Life policies, and then you get your official career agent contract.

Interview Questions
    • they ask you what are your past experiences, what sales experience do you have, what are you looking for in a career?   Answer Question

Auto Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interviewed with direct manager, two coworkers, 3 managers, 2 analysts over 2 interviews. Test component and asked questions by manager panel.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time that you failed. How did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    Negotiated for higher pay and received it.

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Most districts have a recruiter who will interview you. You must pass a background check, and meet certain financial criteria. Decent credit no bankruptcies etc. You also have to pay to get licensed about $200 overall

Interview Questions
    • Just be prepared for general interview questions that will make you think.   Answer Question
    It is 100% commission so there's no room for negotiation

Bodily Injury Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in April 2014.

I applied online and within an hour received an email from the recruiter. she sent me some videos to make sure a career in claims was what i really wanted. I already work for a top insurance co and had taken some insurance and risk management courses in college and really wanted to work in claims well before i ever applied.

After letting her know i liked the job, she sent me some tests online to complete. i completed those tests and again within the hour i was emailed stating i passed them. We then set up a phone interview. She asked pretty basic behaviour questions. i had interviewed in this style before so i had plenty of actual experiences memorized. She said i passed the phone interview and they scheduled me for a panel interview with 3 managers. It was more BBI questions which i aced. answered all the questions directly and with real life experiences and even cracked a few jokes and made them laugh.

A few days later i got a call from the supervisor inviting me for another interview. she stated if i passed that interview i would meet with the claims manager that same day. Anticipating the interview of my life, i spent days preparing and thinkng of brand new examples i hadn't yet used. When i got there i met with a brand new supervisor who said they'd be doing the interview differently this time. She sat me in a room with a notepad and a sheet with 3 questions on it. The questions were like kindergarten questions. Obviously i was disappointed and thrown for a loop.

But nevertheless, i answered all of the questions thoroughly and after about 15 mins, she and another manager came in to conduct another interview. Their questions were not BBI based like i had prepared for, rather it was "Tell me about your typical day in your current job", and "what are some of the differences you've noticed since being in the insurance industry that are different from the mortgage industry where mcuh of your experience comes from?". These were very easy questions that i answered thoroughly but couldn't help feeling like they were just going through the motions with me. I really couldn't tell you what changed between when the last supv called me and advised me of how things would go to when i actually got there.

Before then i was feeling pretty confident but now i don't know. They said they would review the answers I wrote down and "be in contact". I'm really disappointed. Again i don't know if I simply aced the 1st interview so well that they decided to skip a step (or two), or if they're just going through the motions with me and i won't get thoroughly considered. really unsure at this piont.

Interview Questions
    • having the 2nd interview not be BBI made me question whether i was seriously being considered. It just seemed way too easy for a 2nd interview. Nothing like the reviews I've read or other companies i've interviewed with.   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in April 2014.

The hiring process was very smooth and streamlined. I applied online, received a call later (within a week or so) for an initial interview (just quick screening) and to set up some skills/personality testing. I took the tests that day and received a call the following day to set up a phone interview, which I had later that day. The phone interview took about an hour and was very thorough. Following the phone interview, I had an in-person interview (the next day) at the claims center. I met with 2 hiring individuals and went through a behavior based interview. I also had a tour of the facility and had the opportunity to shadow a current claims representative to get a feel for the job. I received a call before the day was over letting me know I was getting an offer and then received an official offer email/letter the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you reacted and resolved the problem.   Answer Question