Farmers Insurance Group Liability Claims Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

3.1

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was callrd within a week. I had a phone interview, an online assessment, and w in-person interviews (on thr samw day). They also had me shadow someone at their desk for about an hour. An hour after I got home, they offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural questions. "Give me an example of a time you had to tell a customer 'no'"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was told the salary during the phone interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Grand Prairie, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

1) Applied online 2) Received a call about scheduling a phone interview 3) Received an email about scheduling a face to face interview 4) interview with 3 managers 5) Sat in with a Claims rep 6) Interview with 2 hiring managers 7) Received an offer the next day Everyone was very welcoming. I definitely felt very comfortable. I have nothing but great things to say about Farmers Insurance at this location.

Interview Questions

I was between two great companies and chose what was best for me. It was a close pick.

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then took a two hour assessment online. I was contacted by a recruiter to do a phone interview. The interview was all behavior based questions. Be specific and give examples! I was then asked to come in for a face to face. There was a meet and greet with the other candidates and management. After introducing yourself there is shadowing of a current employee for about 20 minutes. After shadowing an employee there was the actual interview that consisted of me and two managers. The continued with the behavior based interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Behavior Based Interview questions. Prepare and be specific   1 Answer

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Interview

Great...so far..hopefully.. I'll get a second interview! The person was very friendly & helpful through out the process. Talk slow & make you take your time while listening to the question.

Interview Questions

• How did u resolve conflict with a manager ? Give examples, that show your examples ?   1 Answer

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Then the next day was sent an email with a link to watch a short video. Also, links for 3 assessments. I completed the assessments on Nov. 4. With in 30 minutes I received a call scheduling a phone interview for the next day. The phone interview was the normal behavioral based interview. Tell me about a time when... Then interview went well and they scheduled an in person interview for Dec. 2nd. They are looking for a Jan. start date.

Interview Questions

• I always think the do you have any questions for me is hard to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Plantation, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Employee Referral. Took the tests. Had a phone interview. Got the generic email the following day that says I was not selected. The process took weeks. $40,000 starting salary.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with your supervisor or manager what happened? Tell me a time your volunteered for a project or a process,   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Orange, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and did a test. I passed the test and then was interviewed by the recruiter and hiring manager over the phone. I have been interviewed twice on the behavioral based interviews. They said this position is entry level but they want a seasoned veteran so they can underpay. The behavioral based interview was difficult and I didn't pass it cause my examples were not specific enough. Keep in mind I was a former employee and I had worked there for a few years. Personally these types of interviews are pointless. Its claims not an analytical position. I can see why they are failing among their competitors.

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Lubbock, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Submitted my application and received an email a couple days later to set up a phone screening interview. The interview had very basic questions and briefly described the job. A couple days later I believe I got another email to set up an in-person interview the next week. This interview was with 3 people and was almost completely behavior based questions. The questions were typical and uncomfortable corporate questions.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example about how you improved time management in your previous work experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (San Jose, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

the process started with a maths and english test followed by a phone interview and subsequently an in person interview with two managers. i got the impression that i was doing well but i did not make it to the next round in the pre- employment process

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a situation where you were unable to complete a task, what did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

I was referred by a friend. I had one phone interview with a recruiter and two in-person interviews followed-up with a ride along with a current claims rep. Overall the hiring process was pretty informal. The rep that I rode along with was in the process of leaving the company and there was a strong sense of apathy. It is a very mundane career path; not for those with a sales mind so beware. Most people there are financially and career stagnant so if you are a mover and a shaker you may find the job very unfulfilling after a while. Get used to loving to overcome objections because it is all the job is. I am not a drug-user but I was surprised there was no drug test given you are given a company vehicle.

Interview Questions

• All generic situational questions to see how you resolve conflict i.e. You are negotiating a claim with a customer and not getting anywhere and they ask to just deal with your manager directly instead of you how would you handle that.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation. I made a demand for $5000 over the initial offer but then was able to only get a $1500 increase.