Farmers Insurance Group

2.9

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in November 2014.

Employee Referral. Took the tests. Had a phone interview. Got the generic email the following day that says I was not selected. The process took weeks. $40,000 starting salary.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you disagreed with your supervisor or manager what happened?
    Tell me a time your volunteered for a project or a process,

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Liability Claims Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in November 2014.

I applied online. Then the next day was sent an email with a link to watch a short video. Also, links for 3 assessments. I completed the assessments on Nov. 4. With in 30 minutes I received a call scheduling a phone interview for the next day. The phone interview was the normal behavioral based interview. Tell me about a time when... Then interview went well and they scheduled an in person interview for Dec. 2nd. They are looking for a Jan. start date.

Interview Questions
    • I always think the do you have any questions for me is hard to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in October 2014.

I applied online and did a test. I passed the test and then was interviewed by the recruiter and hiring manager over the phone. I have been interviewed twice on the behavioral based interviews. They said this position is entry level but they want a seasoned veteran so they can underpay. The behavioral based interview was difficult and I didn't pass it cause my examples were not specific enough. Keep in mind I was a former employee and I had worked there for a few years. Personally these types of interviews are pointless. Its claims not an analytical position. I can see why they are failing among their competitors.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in May 2014.

the process started with a maths and english test followed by a phone interview and subsequently an in person interview with two managers. i got the impression that i was doing well but i did not make it to the next round in the pre- employment process

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a situation where you were unable to complete a task, what did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

I was referred by a friend. I had one phone interview with a recruiter and two in-person interviews followed-up with a ride along with a current claims rep. Overall the hiring process was pretty informal. The rep that I rode along with was in the process of leaving the company and there was a strong sense of apathy. It is a very mundane career path; not for those with a sales mind so beware. Most people there are financially and career stagnant so if you are a mover and a shaker you may find the job very unfulfilling after a while. Get used to loving to overcome objections because it is all the job is. I am not a drug-user but I was surprised there was no drug test given you are given a company vehicle.

Interview Questions
    • All generic situational questions to see how you resolve conflict i.e. You are negotiating a claim with a customer and not getting anywhere and they ask to just deal with your manager directly instead of you how would you handle that.   View Answer
    There was no real negotiation. I made a demand for $5000 over the initial offer but then was able to only get a $1500 increase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in April 2014.

The hiring process was very smooth and streamlined. I applied online, received a call later (within a week or so) for an initial interview (just quick screening) and to set up some skills/personality testing. I took the tests that day and received a call the following day to set up a phone interview, which I had later that day. The phone interview took about an hour and was very thorough. Following the phone interview, I had an in-person interview (the next day) at the claims center. I met with 2 hiring individuals and went through a behavior based interview. I also had a tour of the facility and had the opportunity to shadow a current claims representative to get a feel for the job. I received a call before the day was over letting me know I was getting an offer and then received an official offer email/letter the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you reacted and resolved the problem.   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Phone interview. On line testing which is very straight forward. In person interview at the office with three representatives.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you and your supervisor disagreed and explain the steps you took to work trough it.   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in January 2014.

Long selection process. Start with online application, then 3 assessments (logic, math, grammar), phone interview, two in-person panel interviews, desk ride, and background check. All three interviews are behavioral based, so be familiar with answering in the STAR format and have 10-12 examples memorized for each interview. Focus on your ability to solve problems and resolve conflicts.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that there was nothing you could do for a customer. How did they react?   Answer Question
    I told the recruiter up front what salary I wanted and they offered me exactly what I wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in September 2012.

Straight forward. I applied online. About a week later, the HR recruiter called to say he would be emailing me a link to an aptitude test. Completed the test. It consisted of three parts: language, basic logic and practical math. Be warned, the sections are timed! After completing the test, the recruiter called within the hour and we did a phone interview. I was asked about my education and professional experience, along with 3 behavioral based interview questions. After the last question, the recruiter advised he would be recommending me to the hiring manager and to expect a call for a face-to-face interview. A supervisor called the following morning and scheduled the in-person interview with me. The in-person interview consisted of two supervisors and a manager. It started with the standard "Tell us a little bit about yourself and why you want to work for Farmers." From there, there were 6 behavioral based interview questions, each focused on a single core competency that the company believes to be essential for success in the position. This was followed by a battery of 6 questions designed to test technical claims expertise. These also had to be answered in a behavioral based format. Lastly, I spent 10 to 15 minutes asking questions of my own, mostly about the company's culture. The job offer and salary negotiation followed the next day.

In the insurance industry, all the big name companies use behavioral based interviewing. It can be a very frustrating or very easy interview experience. You *absolutely* MUST prepare for a behavioral based interview. If you do not come into the interview with at least TEN memorized examples that can be tweeked to fit the various questions you will be asked, you will not get past it. A typical example of a behavioral based interview question is: "Tell me about a time you made a mistake and what you did to fix it." Your response must be specific and contain three distinct elements: 1. SET THE STAGE ("Well, there was this one time an attorney sent me a very important email with a time demand in it and I overlooked it in my inbox..."); 2. WHAT DID YOU DO ABOUT IT ("When I realized what had happened, I called the attorney, apologized for blowing the time demand, and asked him for a five day extension so I could review the specials..."); 3. THE OUTCOME ("The attorney was really happy that I called him to discuss what had happened and he said he'd be faxing over the extension. It really solidified our working relationship and should help me amicably settle other BI's with him in the future..."). If you take this three step approach to every behavioral based question you're asked and provide specific details, regardless of company, you will have an excellent interview and will remain a strong candidate in the eyes of the interviewers. Hope this helps and good interviewing!

(PS, I noticed that if Farmers likes you, they move very fast. The whole process from aptitude test to offer was no more than 4 business days.)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were forced out of the usual claim process and what you did to continue to provide excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable, but I had already told the HR person what I was looking for. While they agreed to that number, they would not go up. I knew I was already at the high end of the range, so I was ok with it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in August 2011.

I first got an email to set up a phone interview and take an assessment online about a week after I applied. After completing the intial phone interview (they do more than just go over your resume) they contacted me about 4-5 days later to do a panel phone interview. It lasted a little over a half hour and they asked a lot of behavioral based questions. About 4-5 days after the panel phone interview, I was called to schedule an in person panel interview. The in person interview was like an interrogation room. However, the three interviewers were very polite and made it a relaxed atmosphere. They were great. They then took turns asking questiions. It lasted about 45 minutes and after completing the questions they went over the training process and how the job worked. I am still waiting to hear back. They said it would take 10-14 days.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in your career that you felt like a failure.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time that you regretted the way you had acted or handled a situation.   Answer Question