Farmers Insurance Group Liability Claims Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then took a two hour assessment online. I was contacted by a recruiter to do a phone interview. The interview was all behavior based questions. Be specific and give examples! I was then asked to come in for a face to face. There was a meet and greet with the other candidates and management. After introducing yourself there is shadowing of a current employee for about 20 minutes. After shadowing an employee there was the actual interview that consisted of me and two managers. The continued with the behavior based interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Behavior Based Interview questions. Prepare and be specific   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Interview

Great...so far..hopefully.. I'll get a second interview! The person was very friendly & helpful through out the process. Talk slow & make you take your time while listening to the question.

Interview Questions

• How did u resolve conflict with a manager ? Give examples, that show your examples ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Plantation, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Employee Referral. Took the tests. Had a phone interview. Got the generic email the following day that says I was not selected. The process took weeks. $40,000 starting salary.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with your supervisor or manager what happened?
      Tell me a time your volunteered for a project or a process,

Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Then the next day was sent an email with a link to watch a short video. Also, links for 3 assessments. I completed the assessments on Nov. 4. With in 30 minutes I received a call scheduling a phone interview for the next day. The phone interview was the normal behavioral based interview. Tell me about a time when... Then interview went well and they scheduled an in person interview for Dec. 2nd. They are looking for a Jan. start date.

Interview Questions

• I always think the do you have any questions for me is hard to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Orange, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and did a test. I passed the test and then was interviewed by the recruiter and hiring manager over the phone. I have been interviewed twice on the behavioral based interviews. They said this position is entry level but they want a seasoned veteran so they can underpay. The behavioral based interview was difficult and I didn't pass it cause my examples were not specific enough. Keep in mind I was a former employee and I had worked there for a few years. Personally these types of interviews are pointless. Its claims not an analytical position. I can see why they are failing among their competitors.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (San Jose, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

the process started with a maths and english test followed by a phone interview and subsequently an in person interview with two managers. i got the impression that i was doing well but i did not make it to the next round in the pre- employment process

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a situation where you were unable to complete a task, what did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

I was referred by a friend. I had one phone interview with a recruiter and two in-person interviews followed-up with a ride along with a current claims rep. Overall the hiring process was pretty informal. The rep that I rode along with was in the process of leaving the company and there was a strong sense of apathy. It is a very mundane career path; not for those with a sales mind so beware. Most people there are financially and career stagnant so if you are a mover and a shaker you may find the job very unfulfilling after a while. Get used to loving to overcome objections because it is all the job is. I am not a drug-user but I was surprised there was no drug test given you are given a company vehicle.

Interview Questions

• All generic situational questions to see how you resolve conflict i.e. You are negotiating a claim with a customer and not getting anywhere and they ask to just deal with your manager directly instead of you how would you handle that.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation. I made a demand for $5000 over the initial offer but then was able to only get a $1500 increase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in April 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was very smooth and streamlined. I applied online, received a call later (within a week or so) for an initial interview (just quick screening) and to set up some skills/personality testing. I took the tests that day and received a call the following day to set up a phone interview, which I had later that day. The phone interview took about an hour and was very thorough. Following the phone interview, I had an in-person interview (the next day) at the claims center. I met with 2 hiring individuals and went through a behavior based interview. I also had a tour of the facility and had the opportunity to shadow a current claims representative to get a feel for the job. I received a call before the day was over letting me know I was getting an offer and then received an official offer email/letter the next day.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you reacted and resolved the problem.   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Interview

Phone interview. On line testing which is very straight forward. In person interview at the office with three representatives.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you and your supervisor disagreed and explain the steps you took to work trough it.   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in January 2014.

Interview

Long selection process. Start with online application, then 3 assessments (logic, math, grammar), phone interview, two in-person panel interviews, desk ride, and background check. All three interviews are behavioral based, so be familiar with answering in the STAR format and have 10-12 examples memorized for each interview. Focus on your ability to solve problems and resolve conflicts.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that there was nothing you could do for a customer. How did they react?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told the recruiter up front what salary I wanted and they offered me exactly what I wanted.