Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Farmers Insurance Group
- Insurance Agent (53)
- Liability Claims Representative (25)
- Customer Service Representative (24)
- Claims Adjuster (17)
- Farmers Insurance Agent (15)
- Claims Representative (14)
- Agent (7)
- Field Claims Representative (7)
- Sales (6)
- Property Claims Adjuster (5)
- Sales Representative (5)
- Office Claims Representative (5)
- Auto Claims Representative (5)
- Auto Claims Adjuster (4)
- Marketing (4)
- Actuarial (3)
- Agency Producer (3)
- Service Advocate (3)
- Customer Service Associate (3)
- OCR (3)
- Recruiter (3)
- CSA (3)
- Med/PIP Claims Representative (3)
- Manager (3)
- Product Management Analyst (3)
- Office Claims Adjuster (2)
- Total Loss Specialist (2)
- Liability Claim Representative (2)
- District Recruiting Manager (2)
- District Recruiter (2)
Office Claims Representative Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Oklahoma City, OK) in December 2011.
I was contacted by a recruiter. I was given a personality and ACT like test to measure my analytical and multi-tasking skills. After passing that stage I was asked to come in and take a typing-test. Then a one-on-one with the recruiter occurred; she let me know what type of atmosphere I'd be working in and what type of person it takes to be successful at this job. I decided to keep my options open just to see how far I could get. A couple days later I had another interview with the manager and other employees. We shadowed a claims representative and only then did I know the job was not right for me. It definitely was a cubicle farm with hundreds of clones. The manager seemed fake and tried to be my friend. I basically told him I wasn't a good fit for this company.
Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group
Office Claims Representative InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in April 2011.
I applied online for as a Service Advocate, but Farmers changed the position to Associate Office Claims Rep. I was asked to take skills tests at Farmers consisting of typing, multi-tasking, personality, and general knowledge (reading comprehension, math, etc). The scores are indexed. About a week after completing the skills tests, I was asked to interview in person. I interview for 30 minutes with two managers. The interview consisted of behaviorial questions - there were no questions regarding experience or qualifications. Following the interview I was asked to observe a Office Claims Rep and ask questions.
- All questions were behaviorial - describe an experience where you dealt with a difficult customer, had difficulty meeting a deadline, etc. Answer Question
Office Claims Representative InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in April 2011.
The IQ/Skill testing and initial in person interview took about 3 hours. Then scheduled another interview with a panel of 3 and job shadowed for 30 minutes on another day. Was never offered a job. They thought that I was over-qualified for the position being offered. However, to take on a higher role would require experience in the industry so this leaves me to believe that people with experience in another industry are less likely to find a job here.
- Question: As the owner of a refrigerator company, you take great pride in the refrigerator products produced and sold to your customers. Customer service is the number one priority. A customer contacted you and advised you that after thirteen months, the refrigerator you sold them no longer works. Your company provides a one-year warranty for parts and labor. What would be your process in handling the customer’s complaint? 1 Answer
Office Claims Representative InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in June 2010.
I initially found out about the position through my alma mater's career website, and emailed my resume directly to the Campus Recruiting Representative at the Olathe, KS office. Less than 4 days after I sent in my resume, I was called and told more about the job description, and then emailed a list of assessments to take as part of the interview process. All of the assessments I did online, including a personailty test (selecting adjectives to describe yourself, and adjectives others would use to describe you), a typing test, a math and english skills test, and a time management simulator that graded how well you can multi-task. The test simulated a computer work station where you had to simultaneously listen to voicemails, read emails, and respond to questions on the screen. I also had to fill out an online application and create a profile on the Farmers webpage, as well as provide extensive information and sign forms allowing for a background check. After all of the online assessments were completed the campus rep called me again and set up a phone interview for a few days later. The phone interview was about 1 hour long, and an in-person interview was scheduled for the following day. The in-person interview consisted of a 2 person panel interview, a tour of the facilities, and a job shadowing of a currently employee at work.
- Describe a time you had to deliver diffiult news. Answer Question
- How are your time management skills? Are you able to multi-task? Answer Question
- Describe a time you had conflict in the workplace and how did you deal with it? Answer Question
- Do you consider yourself someone with strong initiative? Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
The position involves dealing directly with insured customers filing claims, and often times, being denied those claims. The position involves a lot of time sitting in a cubicle speaking on the phone, and that is not an environment I see myself enjoying.
Office Claims Representative InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in March 2008.
Phone Interview Evaluation Skills Test 1:1 Interview
- Why do you feel you are good for this position? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review