Farmers Insurance Group Office Claims Representative Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Oklahoma City, OK) in December 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. I was given a personality and ACT like test to measure my analytical and multi-tasking skills. After passing that stage I was asked to come in and take a typing-test. Then a one-on-one with the recruiter occurred; she let me know what type of atmosphere I'd be working in and what type of person it takes to be successful at this job. I decided to keep my options open just to see how far I could get. A couple days later I had another interview with the manager and other employees. We shadowed a claims representative and only then did I know the job was not right for me. It definitely was a cubicle farm with hundreds of clones. The manager seemed fake and tried to be my friend. I basically told him I wasn't a good fit for this company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation when you had to tell someone "NO". How did they react?   Answer Question
  • What are you better at than anyone else?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in April 2011.

Interview

I applied online for as a Service Advocate, but Farmers changed the position to Associate Office Claims Rep. I was asked to take skills tests at Farmers consisting of typing, multi-tasking, personality, and general knowledge (reading comprehension, math, etc). The scores are indexed. About a week after completing the skills tests, I was asked to interview in person. I interview for 30 minutes with two managers. The interview consisted of behaviorial questions - there were no questions regarding experience or qualifications. Following the interview I was asked to observe a Office Claims Rep and ask questions.

Interview Questions

• All questions were behaviorial - describe an experience where you dealt with a difficult customer, had difficulty meeting a deadline, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in April 2011.

Interview

The IQ/Skill testing and initial in person interview took about 3 hours. Then scheduled another interview with a panel of 3 and job shadowed for 30 minutes on another day. Was never offered a job. They thought that I was over-qualified for the position being offered. However, to take on a higher role would require experience in the industry so this leaves me to believe that people with experience in another industry are less likely to find a job here.

Interview Questions

• Question: As the owner of a refrigerator company, you take great pride in the refrigerator products produced and sold to your customers. Customer service is the number one priority. A customer contacted you and advised you that after thirteen months, the refrigerator you sold them no longer works. Your company provides a one-year warranty for parts and labor. What would be your process in handling the customer’s complaint?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in June 2010.

Interview

I initially found out about the position through my alma mater's career website, and emailed my resume directly to the Campus Recruiting Representative at the Olathe, KS office. Less than 4 days after I sent in my resume, I was called and told more about the job description, and then emailed a list of assessments to take as part of the interview process. All of the assessments I did online, including a personailty test (selecting adjectives to describe yourself, and adjectives others would use to describe you), a typing test, a math and english skills test, and a time management simulator that graded how well you can multi-task. The test simulated a computer work station where you had to simultaneously listen to voicemails, read emails, and respond to questions on the screen. I also had to fill out an online application and create a profile on the Farmers webpage, as well as provide extensive information and sign forms allowing for a background check. After all of the online assessments were completed the campus rep called me again and set up a phone interview for a few days later. The phone interview was about 1 hour long, and an in-person interview was scheduled for the following day. The in-person interview consisted of a 2 person panel interview, a tour of the facilities, and a job shadowing of a currently employee at work.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deliver diffiult news.   Answer Question
    • How are your time management skills? Are you able to multi-task?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had conflict in the workplace and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Do you consider yourself someone with strong initiative?   Answer Question

The position involves dealing directly with insured customers filing claims, and often times, being denied those claims. The position involves a lot of time sitting in a cubicle speaking on the phone, and that is not an environment I see myself enjoying.

Office Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in March 2008.

Interview

Phone Interview Evaluation Skills Test 1:1 Interview