Farmers Insurance Group

2.8

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in April 2014.

The hiring process was very smooth and streamlined. I applied online, received a call later (within a week or so) for an initial interview (just quick screening) and to set up some skills/personality testing. I took the tests that day and received a call the following day to set up a phone interview, which I had later that day. The phone interview took about an hour and was very thorough. Following the phone interview, I had an in-person interview (the next day) at the claims center. I met with 2 hiring individuals and went through a behavior based interview. I also had a tour of the facility and had the opportunity to shadow a current claims representative to get a feel for the job. I received a call before the day was over letting me know I was getting an offer and then received an official offer email/letter the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you reacted and resolved the problem.   Answer Question

CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in March 2014.

There is online testing that must be completed before a phone interview is scheduled. Once they have a chance to review your tests, and if you completed them to their satisfaction, they will email you back or call you to schedule a phone interview. That interview took about 15 minutes. If they are satisfied, they ask to schedule an interview at the facility in Olathe, KS. That interview consists of 2 supervisors meeting with you and asking questions like "In your previous jobs, how have you dealt with a difficult customer?" That interview lasted about 30 minutes. After the interview, I got to sit with an associate who had been there for a while to get a feel of what the calls were like. I was then contacted back by phone a couple days later offering me the position and advising me of available schedules.

They sent me a letter advising what they were offering. I accepted the position.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2014.

Had online questions and test, then phone interview, then face to face interview, after the face to face interviews as a group we listened to calls being taken and then we were offerd the positions

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in which your job was stressful, and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    very professional and very high energy

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2014.

Applied online. Heard back from human resources a couple weeks later for some skill tests, including typing and multi-tasking. Received an email that I passed that portion and they would like to do a phone interview with me. Went through the phone interview and was selected to do an on site interview with two supervisors.

Interview Questions
    • All behavior based questions, no "trick questions".   View Answer
    No negotiation, accepted job as is.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Applied online. I was called for a phone interview. At the end of the phone interview I was given a date and time for testing. Testing day consisted of WPM and a difficult multitasking test. After passing the test I was called for a second interview. I was interviewed by two supervisors. Next they had me sit with an adjuster for 30 minutes to see what I would be doing. Last interview was with two managers. All questions were behavioral and required exact examples.

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in August 2012.

online assessment, phone interview with SMART questions, realistic job preview

Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

The process took a weekinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in September 2011.

They initially see your resume and cover letter. Taken from interest there, they then contact asking if you were still interested and when you are, they send an email of a 30 minute multi tasking test. Upon passing that, they then email again congratulating you asking when you can schedule a phone interview. Once that is done, they will then tell you if you did well enough to come in to do a realistic job preview which is interesting!!! Then the application completion so they can do the background check....this is where it gets scary. Depending on what they are looking for in that check, be it more so work history and education, or credit check and criminal.....be honest. My fear is the credit check. Not too sure I will do well. They were amazing people. The hands on was awesome and the offices are extremely organized and clean!!! I havent gotten the call yet, they will call everyone Monday. Pray I get that call with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you put the company success over your own personal gain and what was the result?   View Answer

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

The process took a dayinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in September 2011.

Starting with a skills test of which I passed. One to One interview with a recruiter. The interview and skills test took 2 hours. General questions about how I work in various stressful situations.

salary

Inside Property Claims and Inside Claims (Two Different Interviews) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in September 2011.

I interviewed for two postitions at Farmers. Both positions were in inside claims, but different departments and campus. I would highly suggest reviewing behavior questions. Several of the ones that will be asked will be found on here.

1. How would you handle a difficult co-worker?
    2. How do you handle change?

Be sure to have an example on any question on here.

I wasn't offered a postion and only found out by calling the recruiter and asking. Chances are they won't contact you. That is the only negative thing really.

Total Lost Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

The process took a dayinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in June 2011.

I was told I needed to come in and take the assessment they give all employee. The person I spoke to on the phone asked me a few brief questions about my background before I was asked to come in. She was very pleasant and friendly. The test consisted of math, grammer, muliti tasking test, typing, and a personality test. I did excellent on every part except the math. For the math I would reccomend reviewing your fractions, mixed numbers, and pie charts. The multi tasking part was very easy. I would reccomend taking your time. I did excellent on every section except the math. Since I did not pass the math, I can not reply or re take the test for 12 months. Everyone I talked to was very pleasant and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • (Given a pie chart) what percantage of the money used decicated to salary and administration.   Answer Question