Farmers Insurance Group

25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Auto Claims Adjuster Interview

Olathe, KS

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2010.

Interview Details – very professional interviewer with savy experience in behavioral style of questioning.

Interview Question – what does Farmers Insurance Group do for the public?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not able to negotiate salary

Olathe, KS

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview Details – Applied online. I was called for a phone interview. At the end of the phone interview I was given a date and time for testing. Testing day consisted of WPM and a difficult multitasking test. After passing the test I was called for a second interview. I was interviewed by two supervisors. Next they had me sit with an adjuster for 30 minutes to see what I would be doing. Last interview was with two managers. All questions were behavioral and required exact examples.

Interview Question – How have you handled an upset customer in the past?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative
Olathe, KS

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in November 2009.

Interview Details – Initial HR screening followed by two hour+ interviews with a multi-person panel. Took several proactive follow-up phone calls before job was offered. Very in depth and through questions to weed out those just trying to get any job. It appears the Catastrophe Department prefers "street" hires - those without any prior insurance experience.

Interview Question – Just come prepared with a specific example of a prior experience of a time you've been in a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since I worked for them in the past, I was offered a higher salary; however, it was not negotiable.

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Customer Service Advocate
Olathe, KS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in August 2012.

Interview Details – online assessment, phone interview with SMART questions, realistic job preview

Interview Question – Just be specific in your answers   Answer Question

Olathe, KS

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in July 2010.

Interview Details – Easy interview using the star technique

Interview Question – Tell me about your self   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation they offer what they offer to claims adj

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Olathe, KS

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in March 2011.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume online I heard from HR within a few days inviting me to come in for testing. I was told after completing the testing how to prepare for the phone interview which led to an in person interview. The in person interview was in a group session that allowed you to job shadow seasoned associates.

Interview Question – Behavior based interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They don't negotiate customer service associates salaries.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Olathe, KS

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in March 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and about 2 weeks later, I received a phone call from HR. They wanted to know if they could do a phone interview right now. After about 30 minutes of talking with them, they told me that they would like me to come in and take a typing test. If I passed that, I would then go upstairs and sit with an employee for about a hour to watch them. After about a hour, HR came back up and took me downstairs. She informed me that he will pass a recommendation to the hiring manager to go forward with employment. About a week later, I received another phone call and they offered me the job.

Interview Question – Your basic interview questions. Very easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Take it or leave it.

Olathe, KS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in May 2010.

Interview Details – The first thing that I did was submit an online application. The key was the employee referral to get above all the other candidates. Then I was called to schedule a time for testing all done on the computer. There was a typing test, computer navigation test, a grammar and spelling test, mathematical, and a multi tasking test. If you didn't pass each part of the test then you were done with the application and interview process. After passing all the tests then an interview was scheduled.

Interview Question – The interview was a behavioral interview. Situation, task, action, result. I cant recall the exact questions but they all deal with tough decisions that you had to make, a time when you had to be a mediator, when you had to prioritize, and when you had to change your plans or agenda etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Your salary is your salary.

Liability Claim Representative Interview

Liability Claim Representative
Olathe, KS

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in July 2010.

Interview Details – they called me after submitting resume to come and take a personality/skills test on the computers. That took about 2 hours. Then the next week they called and wanted to schedule an in-person interview. So, the following week I had an interview with 2 supervisors. They were nice and asked about 7-8 behavioral interview questions. Also, after the interview they have you sit at a claim reps desk for about 15-30 minutes so you can see what they do and if this is something that you really want to do. Then a few days later I got a call that I was hired.

Inside Property Claims and Inside Claims (Two Different Interviews) Interview

Olathe, KS

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in September 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed for two postitions at Farmers. Both positions were in inside claims, but different departments and campus. I would highly suggest reviewing behavior questions. Several of the ones that will be asked will be found on here.

1. How would you handle a difficult co-worker?
2. How do you handle change?

Be sure to have an example on any question on here.

I wasn't offered a postion and only found out by calling the recruiter and asking. Chances are they won't contact you. That is the only negative thing really.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Farmers Insurance Group

Worked for Farmers Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!

Farmers Insurance Group Videos

Farmers Insurance Group – Why Work for Us?

Farmers Insurance Group, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Zurich Financial Services, an insurance-based financial services provider with a global network of subsidiaries and offices. Farmers® is the nation's… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Farmers Insurance Group interview questions and advice in Olathe, KS. All 25 interview reviews posted anonymously by Farmers Insurance Group employees and interview candidates.