Farmers Insurance Group

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Reserve District Manager Interview

Reserve District Manager

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in May 2012.

Interview Details – I met the interviewer and presented my resume. He gave me his card and said there "may be an opening soon for what you're looking for". Two days later, he emailed me and asked me into an interview for the following week.

He was very casual in manner, but explained the job in detail. Of course, he asked me about my career and what I was looking for. I told him I was expecting an offer from another co. soon. Because of the detail he provided, it wound up being a 2 hour interview, but I certainly didn't mind--it sounded like a very good opportunity. He seemed to think i was a great candidate, and promised to get back to me shortly due to my time frame.

The next day, he contacted me, which i found impressive. Unfortunately, he said the company funding for the position was being eliminated! This is no slam at the interviewer--he called me promptly and seemed to express sincere regret about the whole situation; he's a good guy.

I have read about some problems with Farmers corporate and it's decision making, so maybe
this is for the best. It ranges from taking LARGE rate to eliminating employee benefits. So maybe the fact that the funding was eliminated is an example of those questionable corporate decisions.

If you're looking for an agency opportunity, or really any opportunity, I'd check out State Farm before Farmers.

Interview Question – Tell me what you know about Farmers.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Reserve District Manager Interview

Reserve District Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in November 2008.

Interview Details – Many interviews with District Manager and others high up on the corporate ladder. Personality test and wealth management test. Personal credit checks and liquid asset check.

Interview Question – How would you help a struggling salesman? What if they didn't respong to you?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Farmers Insurance Group

Worked for Farmers Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!

Farmers Insurance Group Videos

Farmers Insurance Group – Why Work for Us?

Farmers Insurance Group is a leading insurer group, providing insurance for automobiles, homes, small businesses and specialty products, and a wide range of other insurance and financial services products. Farmers… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Farmers Insurance Group Reserve District Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Farmers Insurance Group employees and interview candidates.