Farmers Insurance Group

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Carson City, NV

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in March 2014.

Interview Details – Walked into an empty office 10 mins before my interview. 5 mins later a lady walks out of the restroom and was surprised that I was early for my interview. We walked back to an office. She then started to explain the job and told me how my job were such great experience. Well it wasn't a job job, I would first have to pay for a background check then talk some classes and then go into a reserve where I might be about to become a insurance agent. I immediately told her that I was not interested. She then asked me if my husband would be interested and to show him the booklet. ( She never meet him and only knew of him because I said I was married.) Diffidently seemed scam-y

Interview Question – None- She asked me no questions just told me I was a great fit.   Answer Question

Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in August 2011.

Interview Details – I recieved a call from a recruiter to set up an interview with the districtr manager. I interviewed with him where he described the opportunity that Farmers offers and from there we set up a computer test for sales aptitude, background check and skills. After I passed all of that we set up another interview to further discuss how the opportunity with farmers works with regards t othe nuts and bolts of training and compensation.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I did not see myself selling insurance

Sales

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in September 2011.

Interview Details – The process started with large group interviews at the career fair. That was about 25 minutes and was four situational questions. After that I applied online for the position and was call in for a second interview which was in person. After that interview I declined the offer duento vacation, hours and pay discussed.

Interview Questions

Sales

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in March 2011.

Interview Details – Almost to easy to get in the door and get a job. It seems like the ad for Sales help is always running and they talk about a great training program, but that was back 3 to 5 years age. For me the training was not the best and was promised that once I became a careet agent I would recieve more training. I didn't stay that long with Farmers.

Interview Question – Why did you leave Farmers?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – simple, paid commision on sales

Interviews for Top Jobs at Farmers Insurance Group

Worked for Farmers Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!

Farmers Insurance Group Videos

Farmers Insurance Group – Why Work for Us?

Farmers Insurance Group is a leading insurer group, providing insurance for automobiles, homes, small businesses and specialty products, and a wide range of other insurance and financial services products. Farmers… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Farmers Insurance Group Sales interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Farmers Insurance Group employees and interview candidates.