Farmers Insurance Group Sales Representative Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Interview

I have a first-round interview with Farmers Insurance for the sales representative position. I finished a questionnaire they gave me in about 5-10 minutes and an agent came in to interview me. The interview happened for about 30 minutes. The interviewer was quite thorough. He painted a complete picture about how the job was about. He said the hiring process of Farmers Insurance is a very long one. Applicants have to pass 3-4 interviews before being chosen for the job and this often happens for more than a month. The strange thing is 2-3 days after the first-round interview the front-desk lady emailed me saying I was chosen for the second interview. She asked if I was still interested in the job. I said Yes but never heard from her again! I sent her an email reminder a week later but there was still no response from her.

Interview Questions

• All the questions the interviewer asked were expected.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Lake Mary, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

took a long time, had to keep contacting recruiter, was insult by hiring manager terrible people. what bothers me is that I was told over and over they are looking for real genuine sales reps. I am a top sales rep proven top rep and I was insulted by a Hispanic manager who told me he didn't think I could sell and that I was 'soft spoken' after giving a 10 minute genius dissertation on the sales process. I was above and beyond what they were looking for- I gave detailed explanations and analysis on sales, my sales, every aspect of selling and was insulted by a jealous hiring manager who chose to insult and berate me and not hire me. this is very wrong to do to any candidate- don't hire someone but you have no right to wrongly insult them especially when they are exceptional- I feel these nasty managers are out to berate exceptional people, not hire them and hire completely unqualified stupid people for these positions as the person I shadowed was horrible and not even a sales person. famers is just a crappy company and I would stay away from the hiring process completely if you are exceptional. I was told they didn't think I could sell when ive been selling for over TEN YEARS and have been a TOP seller everywhere ive been, yet the female I shadowed was horrible and actually couldn't sell but they hired her and not only didn't hire a TOP SELLER GENIUS but insulted me in the process? if you interview with them just look stupid and nod and they will hire you but by no means should you give long in depth analysis on anything or show that you are in any way intelligent.

Interview Questions

• what was the biggest mistake you made   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Denver, CO).

Interview

I applied from an online website. It was advertised as being a new local recruiting effort, but I got called from a person in another state. I showed up to my interview with the name of who I was interviewing with and no one knew what I was talking about. When I was seated at the conference table a different person showed up (the local regional director). I did not understand the connection until the end of the interview. The interview itself was informative and straightforward. There was a lot of push on the "earning potential" (which always raises red flags for me), however, I do my research and decide if this is worth taking the chance. Despite many negative reviews, it seems that my regional director tries to be as transparent as possible. I appreciate this and plan to take the next steps.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really a hard question to answer, but I was surprised by the response he had to one of mine. He asked how long I had been wanting to work in the insurance business and I told him that this was something of a whim. I said that I don't work nine to five as well as I should, that I want a business opportunity that keeps me from having a boss, and that I like to set my own pace. He shared his start up story and related to hating to being terminated and wanting to not have that any more. He described a time of hitting his head against a wall and just applying for this along with a number of other jobs. This was not special at first and I appreciated his candid response.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no pay to negotiate. I get what I earn in commission only, and after I have paid for the license and other aspects of doing the job.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in January 2013.

Interview

Was easy interview. Agents need sales people to build their business. Key is getting your insurance licenses. Be willing to cold call both on the phone and in person. No need to call on friends/family - but that will help.

Interview Questions

• I don't think any of the questions were unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. Standard contract for commission for various policies.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in August 2011.

Interview

It was a group interview first, then one on one. The position was falsely advertised - I would never be a good fit for this type of a job; I'm not a sales person and this happen to be one.