Farmers Insurance Group Senior Claims Representative Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

I applied for the position online through the Farmer's website. After a few days I was emailed to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview took about 30-40 min, and consisted of questions regarding employment history, and qualifications. Basically everything on your resume. After the phone interview, I was required to take an online personality/skill assessment. After another few days I was invited to take an in person interview. The in person interview was a panel interview, which consisted with about 7 people, all supervisors and field manager. Later that evening I was invited by email to submit information to conduct a background check. At that point I knew they were going to make an offer. I received the offer the following day.

Interview Questions
  • The questions asked are not hard, buy what matters is whether or not you have an answer for every question. My understanding is that they want you to be able to listen, comprehend, and be able to make an educated answer. The trickiest question always asked is " What are your weaknesses?"   Answer Question
There may be wiggle room for salary negotiation if you are well qualified and they really want to hire you. Farmers already offers higher salaries when compared to competitors.

Other Interview Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Senior Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in January 2010.

Initial position is as a Claims Rep, typically direct (dealing directly with claimants). Senior Rep usually involves dealing with attorney represented claimants.

Interview Questions
    • Be sure to prepare yourself for a BBI (behavioral based interview). Questions like, "tell me about a time when you had to....", "What would your employer say is an area of improvement?", "Tell me of a time when you had to work with an angry or difficult customer".   Answer Question
    There is a range of a few thousand dollars based on your overall experience. You may be able to negotiate within this range.