Fast Enterprises

Average Difficulty
40 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Implementation Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fast Enterprises in February 2013.

Interview Details – Talked to the recruiter at our school's career fair. Was given an interview for the next day. The interview consisted of a written logic exam and a typical face to face interview. The written exam also included a programming problem at the end. The interviewer asked how much I knew about various programming terms, like inheritance and some SQL stuff. I was then later invited to their headquarters for an on-site interview, which included a quick tour, another face to face interview with one of their current implementation consultants, and a few more verbal logic problems.

Interview Question – Most of the logic puzzles can be difficult if you haven't heard them before.   View Answer

Implementation Consultant

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Fast Enterprises in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was approached at my university's career fair (it is a fairly small company so their table was pretty empty) and offered an on campus interview. I went and was given a logic test and then a behavioral interview. During which they asked about programming experience (I have none and stated this). They called a few weeks later to fly me out to Colorado for a second round interview. It was a strange experience to say the least, all of the opening questions were logic ones. They then asked about programming experience (I repeated that I had none). They left me in the room for 10 or so minutes and came back to tell me that I would not be getting an offer due to my lack of programming experience.

Interview Question – They were all logic questions for me. It was a strange experience.   Answer Question

Missoula, MT

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Fast Enterprises.

Interview Details – I initially applied through the university I am attending, where I met with a implementation consultant and he scheduled me for an interview the next day. I received an email later in the day inviting me to a dinner with the other people who had been selected for interviews. It felt as if the dinner was a pre-interview. The next day I was interviewed by a group of three people. It lasted about thirty minutes and then I was taking into a separate room and given an IQ test for the next thirty minutes. A few weeks later I got a call asking to fly to Denver for my final interview.

Interview Question – On the IQ test, there is an entire page for writing code. Very difficult if you have no brushed up on your programming skills.   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fast Enterprises.

Interview Details – Initially applied online. Was called to schedule a formal phone interview less than 2 days later; with a request to come for an in-person interview given while on the call for the phone interview. Due to travel restrictions I couldn't go for 2 weeks, but I had an offer within 3 days of returning from the interview.

I don't believe this is done anymore, but I had a one-on-one interview with the managing partner. Asked about my feelings when he described Fast's development methodology, and asked me some logic problems to draw out on the board. Couldn't figure out one, but he was very friendly and talked through it.

Interview Question – I don't remember the question that I couldn't figure out, but the other one is given a time on a two-hand clock, find the angle between the hands.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My offer was more than I was expecting, so I didn't feel a need or desire to negotiate.

Implementation Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Fast Enterprises in February 2014.

Interview Details – Talked with recruiters the night before the career fair. Received and on-campus interview the following day after the fair and was asked to send my transcript to the recruiter's email which she wrote on a business card. I took the interview and answered several easy technical questions (different types of joins, pass by value vs. by reference, sql query to select everything from a table, explain OOP).

At the conclusion of the interview the recruiter explained that she had not gotten my transcript yet and wrote her email on another business card requesting that I be sure to send it asap - at which point I explained that it had been sent the night before but that I would double check to make sure. It wasn't until after I had left the building when I noticed there was a different email address on both business cards... I paid another $20 fee to resend the transcript to the new address - neither were ever opened.

I felt like they already had their hires in mind before I took the interview and wish they would have taken the process a little more seriously with every candidate. Overall though, it was good interviewing experience and the process helped me prepare for another job opportunity.

Implementation Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fast Enterprises.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online after seeing an advertisement on my university's career website. About a day later I got an email saying they were interested in my skill set and would like to set up a phone interview. We set up the phone interview for a couple days later. The phone interview was not too difficult. They asked the typical "tell me about yourself" along with several other technical questions related to object-oriented programming and SQL. The woman who interviewed me was very nice and explained a lot about the company culture. At the end of the interview she asked for an in person interview and set it up for about 2 weeks after the phone interview.

Interview Question – How do you call all the rows in the table X in SQL? Not that difficult, I just hadn't brushed up on my SQL in a while.   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fast Enterprises.

Interview Details – They spoke with me at a career fair and asked for my resume. On the spot the asked for an in-person interview. A few days later I had that interview consisting of a 30 minute mensa test with another 30 minutes of standard interview questions.

Next they flew me to Denver to interview at headquarters. I was interviewed by an Implementation Consultant, same type of questions as the first interview followed by three logic riddles. Later that evening a different consultant took me to dinner. Overall a pleasant experience.

Interview Question – The Mensa test was unexpected, they asked about OOP (inheritance, polymorphism...) and SQL. All very basic questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Received a local offer.

Greenwood Village, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fast Enterprises in February 2014.

Interview Details – I first encountered Fast at my schools career fair. A few hours after I talked with them, I got an e-mail inviting me to dinner after an information session later that night. I did the initial interview with them the next morning.

During this first interview, they start out by giving you a test. It is an exact copy of the MENSA practice IQ test with a small coding problem at the end. After this, we spoke about my resume, normal interview stuff. No further coding was required for this interview.

About a week later, I was invited to fly out to their HQ in Colorado for a second interview. The accommodations there were awesome. The interview itself was a bit more technical, including white board problems. If there are any anomalies on your transcripts, you will be asked about them.

Interview Question – Given two lines, create a bool function that returns whether or not they intersect.   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Fast Enterprises.

Interview Details – I met with the recruiter at my college career fair, and they were the friendliest out of any of the companies I spoke to. We arranged to have an interview on campus the next day. The interview itself wasn't difficult and mainly behavioral. It lasted about 30 minutes and then they gave me a written logic test with some pseudocode questions on the back. It was the same test that the other reviewers mentioned, with the code question about finding the first 100 prime numbers. This test had a 30 minute time limit but it was pretty long and I didn't manage to finish it all.

About a week later the company sent me an email asking about my availability for a technical phone interview they wanted to schedule with me. I promptly responded, and several days later I got a response saying they no longer wanted to interview me. I don't know how common it is for companies to do this, but it seemed unprofessional to me to schedule a second interview and then change their mind the day of.

Interview Question – Basic behavioral questions, nothing too unexpected   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fast Enterprises in October 2010.

Interview Details – After meeting Fast Enterprises at a college career fair, I was invited to a panel interview on campus with people employed in various roles at Fast. I would not consider this a technical interview. The focus was on finding a cultural fit and on communicating information about how the company works and what to expect as an employee. The interviewees were very friendly, happy to answer questions, and seemed genuinely excited about the company. At the end of the interview, I was told that someone would follow up with me at a later date.

At the follow-up, I was invited to interview at the company office in Denver, CO. Fast paid for and arranged the flights, overnight hotel stay, and taxi. I was interviewed by HR and two partners of the company, and was given a tour of the office. I also had lunch with a technical employee who worked at the company office (I'm not sure whether this counted towards the interview or not). The toughest segment was with the partners. They mostly asked logic questiony/puzzles. I did not get all of them right. It seems that the purpose was more to give them a chance to watch your thought process and communication skills, rather than to see whether you got all of the questions exactly right.

Interview Question – I wouldn't say there was a most difficult question, but I was not expecting to be given a written test.   Answer Question

Worked for Fast Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!