Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Fastenal
- Sales Support (30)
- OUTSIDE SALES (23)
- General Manager (17)
- Part-Time Sales Support (16)
- Sales Trainee/Outside Sales (15)
- Sales Associate (12)
- Sales Trainee (12)
- Outside Sales Representative (10)
- Part Time Support (10)
- Inside Sales (7)
- General Warehouse (4)
- Part-Time Fastenal Sales Trainee (4)
- OSP (3)
- Sales (3)
- GM (3)
- Sales Representative (3)
- Part Time Sales Associate (2)
- Warehouse Worker (2)
- Sales Coordinator (2)
- Picker (2)
- Machinist (2)
- Account Specialist (2)
- Sales Assistant (2)
- Manager (2)
- Pt Sales Support (2)
- Inside Sales Support (2)
- Unit Load Picker (1)
- Branch Sales (1)
- National Accounts Sourcing (1)
- Sales Trainee/Outside Sales Representative (1)
I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fastenal.
I was interviewed by my District Manager. I had seven years of experience so was basically given the job. They promote from within, and just want to see good numbers. If you can do well in an Outside Sales Position and you should be fine. There was no second interview.
- How do you plan on improving the store? How would you handle a disgruntled employee? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Fastenal
GM InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fastenal.
Online testing - interview with general manager, then district manager. hire in as part time inside sales support, promotion to outside sale includes more online testing, usually transferred to a different location, and a similar process to be promoted to general manager which includes an interview with regional vice president.
- For most new employees you will be asked to present a mock sales presentation on your initial interview with the district manager. Answer Question
Fastenal tells you what they will pay and what is expected of you. No negotiations.
GM InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fastenal in December 2008.
Basically had to make a commitment to the DM that I want to make the job a career. It was rather informal and candid. I was given the option to promote or remain in my current position with the company. There was no negotiating the salary as it was take it or leave it.
- What is the most important quality to you? (given options of: Integrity, ambition, innovation, etc. 1 Answer
Dont bother trying to negotiate. The DM offers what they give other employees in the same position and geographic area.