Fastenal Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.2

Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

It was pretty laid back with some generic sales questions and background questions. I got a phone interview and within a day or so was meeting one on one with management.

Sales Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

Was a generic list of questions provided by corporate, was fairly simple with many questions focusing on the future. Lasted about 10 minutes. Most people interview with general manager and district manager either in person or on the phone

Class A Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fastenal (Lakewood, WA).

Interview

Standard question and answer session with friendly interviewers. Plenty of honest info from the their side. First interview followed by a one night ride along with one of their route drivers. Easy process if you have nothing to hide.

Interview Questions

• Can you work the night shift? Do you have a CDL? Where did you train for CDL? Are you comfortable unloading trucks?   Answer Question

Machinist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a fairly long process. I applied, 3 weeks went by before I got a call for the first interview. The interview went well and another 2 weeks went by before I got the call for a 2nd interview. After the 2nd interview, a week went by where I was offered the position. I then had to take a drug test and wait until the results came back then I had to sign some paperwork online and watch some videos. In the end, I got the job. Just took a lot longer than I figured it would.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fastenal in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online through fastenal website. Took personality test, basic questions--monitors honesty. They called the next week. Interviewed with manager. Interviewed with supervisor of manager for second interview. Very quick process!

Interview Questions

• What was the least thing you liked about your past job?   Answer Question

Unit Load Picker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winona, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Winona, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

You come in and they ask you a lot of questions. Many questions that seem odd at the time and make you think for a little bit before you can provide an answer. After the question portion, they take you around the warehouse and show you where the various departments work, such as shipping, product handling, picking, ect.

Part-Time Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muscle Shoals, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Muscle Shoals, AL) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process was long. I submitted my application online and had my first interview with a GM 2 weeks later. I was told I would be called to setup a second interview with the district manager. After three weeks I was finally called and had the second interview. After this interview I was told to get a copy of my motor vehicle report and turn it into the GM. A week after that I began my first day.

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fastenal (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

I had multiple interviews with various managers in the district. The questions weren't difficult and required basic answers. Overall the interview was fairly simple. I do wish the whole process would have moved faster though.

Product Handling Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jessup, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fastenal (Jessup, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

I spoke with Holly initially and she always smiled, she was very knowledgeable and friendly. She understands the companies needs as well as the needs of those applying. The interview did not last to long and ended very well with meeting Stanley who asjef Md to come back the next day to the warehouse for shadowing which led to my offer.

Interview Questions

• What schedule was I interested in?   1 Answer
    • Would I like to come back the next day for shadowing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none was needed.

Inside Sales Interview

Interview

Over the phone with District Manager and Store Manager. Brief over view of your experience and some situational questions. Very typical interview process with no difficult questions asked by either interviewer.