Fastenal Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.2

Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fastenal in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online through fastenal website. Took personality test, basic questions--monitors honesty. They called the next week. Interviewed with manager. Interviewed with supervisor of manager for second interview. Very quick process!

Interview Questions

• What was the least thing you liked about your past job?   Answer Question

Unit Load Picker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winona, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fastenal (Winona, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

You come in and they ask you a lot of questions. Many questions that seem odd at the time and make you think for a little bit before you can provide an answer. After the question portion, they take you around the warehouse and show you where the various departments work, such as shipping, product handling, picking, ect.

Part-Time Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muscle Shoals, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fastenal (Muscle Shoals, AL) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process was long. I submitted my application online and had my first interview with a GM 2 weeks later. I was told I would be called to setup a second interview with the district manager. After three weeks I was finally called and had the second interview. After this interview I was told to get a copy of my motor vehicle report and turn it into the GM. A week after that I began my first day.

Product Handling Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jessup, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fastenal (Jessup, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

I spoke with Holly initially and she always smiled, she was very knowledgeable and friendly. She understands the companies needs as well as the needs of those applying. The interview did not last to long and ended very well with meeting Stanley who asjef Md to come back the next day to the warehouse for shadowing which led to my offer.

Interview Questions

• What schedule was I interested in?   1 Answer
    • Would I like to come back the next day for shadowing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none was needed.

Inside Sales Interview

Interview

Over the phone with District Manager and Store Manager. Brief over view of your experience and some situational questions. Very typical interview process with no difficult questions asked by either interviewer.

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buena Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fastenal (Buena Park, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and took a personality assessment. About a week later I had an in person interview. Very easy interview, just be personable. Just trying to find out what you want to do in life and what motivates you. Got a call with a job offer before I even got home.

Tool Repair Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Fastenal (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call the next morning, scheduled an interview for the soonest possible business day. Went to the interview, dress was business casual. Interview lasted less than 20 minutes, basic questions (about yourself, what you can bring to the team, etc) less than a week later I was contacted via phone and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What are your three greatest strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself...   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked on x (type of thing related to the job you are applying for) before...give me examples please...   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation would have been possible but I was offered what I asked for so it was unnecessary.

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chillicothe, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Fastenal (Chillicothe, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Had an interview with store manager first. and then the district manager a few days later. Process took less than one week. Laid back environment seeing how you would fit into the industrial sales world. store manager is more worried how you will mesh with the sales people already there, district manager worried about sales and growing the business. Had to submit drug test and a background check. Will not hire people with bad driving records

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

I Applied online. My manager pushed my name, because of my performance as a
    Outside salesman. There isn't really anything to it. This is a " Good 'ol Boy club" company if your DM likes you and you produce results you will be fine if your DM doesn't like you count yourself out

Interview Questions

• It didn't happen. The online test part can be passed by being cocky and consistent. Use good logic on the logic problems   2 Answers

Negotiation

There was non to be had it was made clear. Unless their situation is dire you will not get any consessions

Part-Time Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

It was quick and to the point, If you were confident and have somewhat of a thought process. You have a job. Just know that with time and good work you have the chance to move up within the company.