Fastenal

2.2

General Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fastenal in July 2014.

Applied for this position and got a call for an interview 3 days later to come in for an interview the following week.
    Went to the location for 1st interview.
    Got a call for 2nd interview/job shadow.
    Got an offer and had to go to Lab corp for drug testing.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions at all. Very average interview.   Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Support Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fastenal in July 2014.

Applied online, received notification to apply further within a week, set up interview a week later. In person at location. Was very laid back in setting and relaxing. Interviewer did most of the talking and inquired about company knowledge. Gave clear expectations of job. It only lasted about 30 minutes in length. Given opportunity to ask questions and tour the location. All questions were answered clearly and directly. Showed enthusiasm for the company and having me join it.

None

Sales Trainee/Outside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bryan, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bryan, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fastenal in July 2014.

Applied online, received email from district manager for me to setup interview with the store manager, interviewed with store manager, then heard nothing for more than 3 weeks after being promised word in less than 2 weeks for a 2nd interview. I had to follow up and was told they done hired someone else and that I need to recontact the district manager, I did with a phone call and email with no response. Unethical treatment of potential employees. In need of HR training.

Order Picker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fastenal in July 2014.

I submitted an application online and 2 weeks later, I got a phone call for an interview with the manager. He asked about me, the degree im working on in college, and stuff like that. Then for 15 minutes, I got to go out and see the department and they showed me how to do most of the stuff without much detail. It seemed easy and it is.

Receptionist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fastenal in June 2014.

I filled out an online application in the evening. I was then contacted for a phone interview the next day in the evening. I was asked about standard questions such as availability, desired hours, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked were standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Material Handling Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fastenal.

Fastenal recruits constantly for their warehouses because turnover is very high. You will have to go to the hub and take a math test before being interviewed briefly. If you pass the math test which is basically about converting fractions and using accurate measurements then you pretty much will get the job. The interview seemed like a formality. They have a very young workforce because the work is grueling and dirty for what you get paid.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any "gotcha" questions, mostly asked about customer service, situational behavior questions, and probing integrity questions   Answer Question

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alamosa, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alamosa, CO

I applied online – interviewed at Fastenal.

I filled out an application online and also took a personality assessment. I apparently did very well because the District Manager sent my application to the store manager and had her do an interview. The job was pitched to my accounting professor as an internship, but it was apparently an actual job. They were looking for current students to work 28 hours a week. That is not an internship, that is a job. The interview went well, but she didn't like that I couldn't work a full 28 hours a week. The store manager tried to get me to drop classes so that I could work more hours. I refused to do that and never heard back from her. I chalked it up as a good "trial" run for future interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you used teamwork in the workplace.   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

The interview process was in two steps. First was with the GM and then with the GM and DM. Both were very laid back. I overdressed but I would still recommend this. Very easy going straight forward questions.

Marketing Project Coordinator (PT) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fastenal.

I'm an internal employee so I applied online and had an interview a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite book? What was the hardest thing about college?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview process is easy. DM calls you over the phone to do a phone interview. Then you meet the DM and GM you will potentially be working for and interview with the both of them. If they like you, you get hired.