Fastenal

Relevance Date Difficulty

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

OUTSIDE SALES

Interviewed at Fastenal

Interview Details – The interview process was in two steps. First was with the GM and then with the GM and DM. Both were very laid back. I overdressed but I would still recommend this. Very easy going straight forward questions.

Bozeman, MT

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Fastenal in January 2014.

Interview Details – must take and pass an online personality test. Once done, there are two interviews: one with the store manager and one with the district manager. Interviews ask questions about personal values and goals.

Interview Question – Name one of your drawbacks   Answer Question

Marketing Project Coordinator (PT) Interview

Marketing Project Coordinator (PT)

I applied online and interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview Details – I'm an internal employee so I applied online and had an interview a few weeks later.

Interview Question – What is your favorite book? What was the hardest thing about college?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Outside Sales Representative

Interviewed at Fastenal

Interview Details – Interview process is easy. DM calls you over the phone to do a phone interview. Then you meet the DM and GM you will potentially be working for and interview with the both of them. If they like you, you get hired.

PT Do Everything Person Interview

PT Do Everything Person
Spooner, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Fastenal in December 2013.

Interview Details – Part-time Customer Service. I can't think of one thing that was good. The GM was never in the store within 2 weeks of starting i was left alone for hours. It was really wonderful when the GM came back and showed us all the goodies she got at Maurices. I was told I needed to step up because I missed 2 days of work. Most horrible experience ever. Wish I could post the write up I received after risking my life for the company by driving in blizzard conditions.

Interview Question – Nothing. Horrible interviewer   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing. The pay is horrible and I was desperate for a job.

Bellingham, WA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview Details – Asked if i could handle the stress. I said yes

Interview Question – About me being a recovering alcoholic and if that is going to be a problem for me. Totally Didn't see that comeing.   Answer Question

Sales Trainee Interview

Sales Trainee
Flint, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fastenal in March 2014.

Interview Details – Do not even apply to this company unless you are desparate. They ask the same questions over and over. Maybe the dm was mildly retarded. (in mich anyway) if your young and desperate go for it. They want people they can brainwash to sell and make them lots of money while your compensation is crap.

Interview Question – Why Fastenal?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not enough hours or pay to survive

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview Details – Two part interview, both semi-formal. Basic interview questions were asked, but they are more interested in finding the right type of person to handle the job. Drug test and motor vehicle history required.

General Manager Interview

General Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview Details – I met with the district manager at a coffee shop on a Saturday afternoon. A lot was focused on my accomplishments as an outside sales rep. I brought a file of all sales related data from my time as an OSP. The numbers spoke for themselves, he also wanted to make sure I was able to manage a group of employees and that I had a plan to grow the stores sales.

Interview Question – What would I do in certain situations involving a customer or employee?   Answer Question

North Bend, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview Details – WHAT A JOKE!!!! Local warehouse about 4 miles from my house, walked in to drop off a resume and talk to the hiring manager. was informed i needed to apply on line. went home and did so. contacted by reg manager for an interview....which he was 10 mins late for. After speaking with him i was told that i had to talk to the general manager. at that time was to busy and would call me. i called twice, both time informed that she was waiting for him to send a list of questions to ask me. Finally after 2 weeks i was called. After a quick phone interview. She informed me that i would be getting an email with the necessary paperwork to fill out......once the background and and drug screen came back i would be called with a start date. while on the phone with her i receive an e-mail from the district manager that i do not meet the qualifications for this position. This was a part time position.....Managers need to communicate.