Fastenal Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2014
Updated Sep 3, 2014

2.2

Inside Sales Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Fastenal.

Two part interview, both semi-formal. Basic interview questions were asked, but they are more interested in finding the right type of person to handle the job. Drug test and motor vehicle history required.

General Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fastenal.

I met with the district manager at a coffee shop on a Saturday afternoon. A lot was focused on my accomplishments as an outside sales rep. I brought a file of all sales related data from my time as an OSP. The numbers spoke for themselves, he also wanted to make sure I was able to manage a group of employees and that I had a plan to grow the stores sales.

Interview Questions
    • What would I do in certain situations involving a customer or employee?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Bend, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Bend, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fastenal.

WHAT A JOKE!!!! Local warehouse about 4 miles from my house, walked in to drop off a resume and talk to the hiring manager. was informed i needed to apply on line. went home and did so. contacted by reg manager for an interview....which he was 10 mins late for. After speaking with him i was told that i had to talk to the general manager. at that time was to busy and would call me. i called twice, both time informed that she was waiting for him to send a list of questions to ask me. Finally after 2 weeks i was called. After a quick phone interview. She informed me that i would be getting an email with the necessary paperwork to fill out......once the background and and drug screen came back i would be called with a start date. while on the phone with her i receive an e-mail from the district manager that i do not meet the qualifications for this position. This was a part time position.....Managers need to communicate.

Sales Associate Interview

Phone interview, followed by two in person interviews

SalesTrainee Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fastenal.

Multiple in depth interviews for this position very thorough

Interview Questions
    • Online test is the in depth but mostly common sense with deductive reasoning   View Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Fastenal in June 2010.

the hiring process takes a long time but is well worth the wait, the interview also takes a while. there is a three steps in the process, you meet with local store manager and then you move up the ranks to the district manager. If they approve you interview with another District Manager before an offer for the job is made

Interview Questions
    • you have to take a online test before you can interview with the company   Answer Question
    Pretty cut and dry there are set pay for set jobs

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlottesville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Fastenal in July 2010.

Had a phone interview and then face to face. Be strong and demanding to show them that you can seal the deal. Treat it just like you are making a sales call to a customer.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest thing is the preliminary test that you have to take before even getting a chance to interview. Please take serious and be focused when you take it.   Answer Question
    I requested what I thought was desired and we negotiated to meet in the middle of what they offered. Later I found out it was because I was so determined to get the deal.

Inside Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fastenal.

2 seperate interviews at multiple locations

Sales Trainee/Outside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seguin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seguin, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fastenal in December 2013.

The hiring process was pretty basic, the district manager was more interested in what I could bring to the company from past experience and education rather than simply past experience. The interview was very relaxed and I felt comfortable the entire time. When I transferred to another branch, the interview was over the phone and the new manager felt comfortable enough to hire me based on that.

Interview Questions
    • How are you going to collect payment on accounts from customers that have disappeared from the area?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fastenal.

The interview was short. Talked with the district manager for about on hour about how my values and the companies matched up. Basic questions for an interview, such as, what are my values when working, where do I see myself in five years and what my careergoals are.

I was pleased with the offer, therefore I acceptedkt right away.