Fastenal

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Fastenal in April 2011.

Interview Details – You must pass an online assessment. In the assessment online there are word problems and it is timed. Some of them do not have actual answers. Make sure you have a paper and pen. Once you have done this if you have a pulse and are not on drugs you get the job. 1-2 interviews to make you think you did something to earn it.

Interview Question – In the assessment online there are word problems and it is timed. Some of them do not have actual answers. Make sure you have a paper and pen.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offer you a salary and that is the only option unless you are friends with the DM or they are desperate.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

OUTSIDE SALES
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview Details – 2 interviews with different DMs and one ride along with one of the more vetted GMs. The whole process took about a month. They don't do a background check, only a driving record check. Felons are welcome to apply because they don't even check. You don't have to have a college degree to work there.

Interview Question – One of the managers asked me "why would you want to work for Fastenal of all places?" during my ride along. It was in a negative tone like I was making a mistake.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation and they avoid it as much as possible

Mobile, AL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview Details – Two interviews. 1. first with the general manager - just basic questions 2. second interview with district manager. He just wants to get to know you and give you the job.

Interview Question – Nothing was too hard, it was pretty easy.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Fall River, MA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fastenal in March 2013.

Interview Details – Interview with manager then interview with District Manager

Interview Question – Situational Questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fastenal in February 2009.

Interview Details – First interview with the district manager, second with the regional Vice President if they like you the job is yours basically just need warm bodies because the turnover is so drastic.

Interview Question – Very elementary interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they promise more than you receive then rescind on the offer after being called out on it

Part-Time Sales Support Interview

Part-Time Sales Support
Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview Details – Application process initially started with an online application, and then immediately afterwards a test. The interviews process consisted of three interviews, beginning with a phone interview. The entire process took about a month. Interview questions were fairly standard. They did throw in one completely odd ball question to throw you off.

Interview Question – Questions were are fairly easy if you can think quickly.   Answer Question

Sales Trainee/Outside Sales

I applied online and interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview Details – Not bad, but not very directed towards the job title

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – still going though it.

Sales Trainee Interview

Sales Trainee
Pottstown, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fastenal in November 2012.

Interview Details – After initial resume/cover letter was sent, I was emailed about a position and was told to fill out an application. The app involves a small test and the employer responded timely, or within a week. The interview was very straight forward, with one questioned asked where I see myself in 5 years. The responded appropriately throughout the process. No negotiation!

Interview Question – Will I feel comfortable in business casual attire?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Part Time Support Interview

Part Time Support

I applied online and interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview Details – There was a series of three interviews, each with different managers at different locations. The questions asked were more of personal nature rather than technical knowledge because of the type of position.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you made a wrong choice and how you overcame that decision.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – More money at current job.

Newark, DE

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fastenal in April 2013.

Interview Details – First interview was pretty standard. Then I had an "observation interview," where I rode along with a manager to deliver some orders. Took an assessment online and then got a call the next day with a job offer and accepted.

Interview Question – Who taught you?   Answer Question