Fastenal Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2014

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mobile, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Fastenal.

Two interviews. 1. first with the general manager - just basic questions 2. second interview with district manager. He just wants to get to know you and give you the job.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fall River, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fall River, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fastenal in March 2013.

Interview with manager then interview with District Manager

No negotiation

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Rosa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fastenal in February 2009.

First interview with the district manager, second with the regional Vice President if they like you the job is yours basically just need warm bodies because the turnover is so drastic.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, they promise more than you receive then rescind on the offer after being called out on it

Part-Time Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fastenal.

Application process initially started with an online application, and then immediately afterwards a test. The interviews process consisted of three interviews, beginning with a phone interview. The entire process took about a month. Interview questions were fairly standard. They did throw in one completely odd ball question to throw you off.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were are fairly easy if you can think quickly.   Answer Question

Sales Trainee/Outside Sales Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Fastenal.

Not bad, but not very directed towards the job title

still going though it.

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pottstown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pottstown, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fastenal in November 2012.

After initial resume/cover letter was sent, I was emailed about a position and was told to fill out an application. The app involves a small test and the employer responded timely, or within a week. The interview was very straight forward, with one questioned asked where I see myself in 5 years. The responded appropriately throughout the process. No negotiation!

No negotiation

Part Time Support Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Fastenal.

There was a series of three interviews, each with different managers at different locations. The questions asked were more of personal nature rather than technical knowledge because of the type of position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you made a wrong choice and how you overcame that decision.   Answer Question

More money at current job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fastenal in April 2013.

First interview was pretty standard. Then I had an "observation interview," where I rode along with a manager to deliver some orders. Took an assessment online and then got a call the next day with a job offer and accepted.

Sales Trainee/Outside Sales Interview

Hiring process takes over a month. I had to go through 4 interviews. One was a ride along day where you spend half a day doing work and you don't get paid for it.

no negotiation

Part Time Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bryan, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bryan, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fastenal in May 2012.

1 on 1 interview with the district manager. It was pretty low key. Not a lot of hard questions. It was more just conversation.

Interview Questions
    • Just make sure that infasize that you plan to stay with the company for the long term, even if you don't plan on it. They have such a high turnover rate that they are looking for people that plan to stay with the company. Sorry I don't remember any questions. It was more talk about yourself and about why I wanted to be an Industrial Distribution major. Easy stuff.   Answer Question
    Drug test and $10/hour. This is a pretty set rate as a part timer. It is great money but it would be nice if it moved up to $12/hour after a year or so.