Fastenal Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.2

Order Picker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Denton, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I submitted an application online and 2 weeks later, I got a phone call for an interview with the manager. He asked about me, the degree im working on in college, and stuff like that. Then for 15 minutes, I got to go out and see the department and they showed me how to do most of the stuff without much detail. It seemed easy and it is.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received notification to apply further within a week, set up interview a week later. In person at location. Was very laid back in setting and relaxing. Interviewer did most of the talking and inquired about company knowledge. Gave clear expectations of job. It only lasted about 30 minutes in length. Given opportunity to ask questions and tour the location. All questions were answered clearly and directly. Showed enthusiasm for the company and having me join it.

Negotiation

None

Sales Trainee/Outside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bryan, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Bryan, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received email from district manager for me to setup interview with the store manager, interviewed with store manager, then heard nothing for more than 3 weeks after being promised word in less than 2 weeks for a 2nd interview. I had to follow up and was told they done hired someone else and that I need to recontact the district manager, I did with a phone call and email with no response. Unethical treatment of potential employees. In need of HR training.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fastenal (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

Called and scheduled interview the same week I applied. Drove for the interview and met the District Manager. Was then called back for second interview with the General Manager of the branch I was intended to be hired for. Both interviews consisted of the same questions and lasted about 10 mins.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got to select the location I wanted to work at. The pay was set... every new person is part-time as a trial peroid and then promoted to full time with a pay increase of $2000 a month.

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fastenal in June 2014.

Interview

I filled out an online application in the evening. I was then contacted for a phone interview the next day in the evening. I was asked about standard questions such as availability, desired hours, etc.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked were standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fastenal in June 2014.

Interview

Very casual interview. Asked about interests and why I wanted to be part of the company. It seemed more like a "get to know you" type interview. The interview focused more on telling me how to do the job. Again, it was almost less of an interview and more of a job training session.

Interview Questions

• Really was none. Everything was common sense type questions that made sense to ask.   Answer Question

Accepted a position elsewhere

Material Handling Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fastenal (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Fastenal recruits constantly for their warehouses because turnover is very high. You will have to go to the hub and take a math test before being interviewed briefly. If you pass the math test which is basically about converting fractions and using accurate measurements then you pretty much will get the job. The interview seemed like a formality. They have a very young workforce because the work is grueling and dirty for what you get paid.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any "gotcha" questions, mostly asked about customer service, situational behavior questions, and probing integrity questions   Answer Question

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alamosa, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fastenal (Alamosa, CO).

Interview

I filled out an application online and also took a personality assessment. I apparently did very well because the District Manager sent my application to the store manager and had her do an interview. The job was pitched to my accounting professor as an internship, but it was apparently an actual job. They were looking for current students to work 28 hours a week. That is not an internship, that is a job. The interview went well, but she didn't like that I couldn't work a full 28 hours a week. The store manager tried to get me to drop classes so that I could work more hours. I refused to do that and never heard back from her. I chalked it up as a good "trial" run for future interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you used teamwork in the workplace.   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Interview

The interview process was in two steps. First was with the GM and then with the GM and DM. Both were very laid back. I overdressed but I would still recommend this. Very easy going straight forward questions.

Machinist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fastenal (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online. The process took a week, in two days after Ii applied the shop manger called me and asked some questions and sent me and email with interview time and shop location address

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self in two years? Can you tell me a little about yourself? What are your salary requirements?   1 Answer