Fastenal OSP Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Longview, TX).

Interview

The hiring process seems to be very long, but it weeds out the bad most of the time.

Interview Questions

• What are three characteristics that you feel are important to be a good salesman   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Fastenal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fastenal (Tulsa, OK) in November 2013.

Interview

Step 1- met with district manager for 30 minutes Step 2 - met manager Step 3- did "ride around" (I was unsure if this was the opportunity for me. You may not have to do this part of the process) After I completed the relatively easy interview process they offered me the job on the spot and gave me a day to think about it. You will be interviewing with a district manager who is over numerous stores and possibly interview with the General Manager of the store you plan to work out of. This will give you a good feel of who you will be working for and what kind of personality the manager has.

Interview Questions

• 1) tell us about your background 2) why Fastenal? 3) why are you leaving your current position? 4) Sell me on why you would be a good candidate for this position ... Pretty "standard" interview questions and mostly straight to the point. Nothing like "if you had to be a color in the rainbow, which would you choose and why?"   1 Answer

OSP Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fastenal in July 2010.

Interview

Recruited at a Job fair. Then had a 30 minute phone interview. Then had a one on one interview with the District Manager that lasted 1 hour. Then went on a ride along/interview for about 5 hours before getting offered a job.