Fastenal

Updated Jul 28, 2014

2.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fastenal.

I applied online through a recruiting site, then was called to schedule in person interview. Showed up for interview and felt welcomed. It was a relaxed environment with simple questions. I could tell they were feeling me out for my true self.

No negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Fastenal

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview process is easy. DM calls you over the phone to do a phone interview. Then you meet the DM and GM you will potentially be working for and interview with the both of them. If they like you, you get hired.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fastenal.

Single interview after a previsor assessment test is taken. Only consider those who score well on the test and the interview is based on a long term goal of your employment. The interview is to make sure that you are someone whom they could move into a sales role or manager of a store in the long run.

Interview Questions
    • Do you see yourself with the company in the next 10 years   Answer Question
    Very easy to negotiate although not much flexibility in pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fastenal in July 2010.

Had a phone interview and then face to face. Be strong and demanding to show them that you can seal the deal. Treat it just like you are making a sales call to a customer.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest thing is the preliminary test that you have to take before even getting a chance to interview. Please take serious and be focused when you take it.   Answer Question
    I requested what I thought was desired and we negotiated to meet in the middle of what they offered. Later I found out it was because I was so determined to get the deal.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fastenal.

I was brought into the back room, they asked me a few questions about my previous experience, can i get to work on time etc. the usual. In 2 days i was interviewed, and hired. If you have sales experience and or manufacturing supplies knowledge, and are enthusiastic you are good to go. There is a lot of turn over

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, except you have to pass an online personality test thing. If you don't pass it then you won't get an interview. Just have some common sense and you will do fine.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase, just an explanation of what the payment scheme was and what the job entitled. They really make it out to be better than it really is.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Fastenal in December 2010.

First I interviewed with the District manager. After I spoke with him for about an hour I was recommended to interview with the store manager. The interview was pretty painless, general questions about experience and history in sales followed by an overview of the store.

Interview Questions

Pay is less than desireable.