Fastenal

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Charlottesville, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Fastenal in July 2010.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview and then face to face. Be strong and demanding to show them that you can seal the deal. Treat it just like you are making a sales call to a customer.

Interview Question – The hardest thing is the preliminary test that you have to take before even getting a chance to interview. Please take serious and be focused when you take it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I requested what I thought was desired and we negotiated to meet in the middle of what they offered. Later I found out it was because I was so determined to get the deal.

Outside Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview Details – Single interview after a previsor assessment test is taken. Only consider those who score well on the test and the interview is based on a long term goal of your employment. The interview is to make sure that you are someone whom they could move into a sales role or manager of a store in the long run.

Interview Question – Do you see yourself with the company in the next 10 years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy to negotiate although not much flexibility in pay.

Outside Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview Details – I was brought into the back room, they asked me a few questions about my previous experience, can i get to work on time etc. the usual. In 2 days i was interviewed, and hired. If you have sales experience and or manufacturing supplies knowledge, and are enthusiastic you are good to go. There is a lot of turn over

Interview Question – Nothing really, except you have to pass an online personality test thing. If you don't pass it then you won't get an interview. Just have some common sense and you will do fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase, just an explanation of what the payment scheme was and what the job entitled. They really make it out to be better than it really is.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Outside Sales Representative Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Fastenal in December 2010.

Interview Details – First I interviewed with the District manager. After I spoke with him for about an hour I was recommended to interview with the store manager. The interview was pretty painless, general questions about experience and history in sales followed by an overview of the store.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Pay is less than desireable.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fastenal

Worked for Fastenal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fastenal Outside Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fastenal employees and interview candidates.