Fastenal

Profile Unclaimed

Fastenal Part Time Support Interview Questions

2.1

Part Time Support Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fastenal.

There was a series of three interviews, each with different managers at different locations. The questions asked were more of personal nature rather than technical knowledge because of the type of position.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time where you made a wrong choice and how you overcame that decision.   Answer Question

More money at current job.

Other Interview Reviews for Fastenal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bryan, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bryan, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fastenal in May 2012.

1 on 1 interview with the district manager. It was pretty low key. Not a lot of hard questions. It was more just conversation.

Interview Questions
    • Just make sure that infasize that you plan to stay with the company for the long term, even if you don't plan on it. They have such a high turnover rate that they are looking for people that plan to stay with the company. Sorry I don't remember any questions. It was more talk about yourself and about why I wanted to be an Industrial Distribution major. Easy stuff.   Answer Question
    Drug test and $10/hour. This is a pretty set rate as a part timer. It is great money but it would be nice if it moved up to $12/hour after a year or so.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fastenal in April 2012.

Within 2-3 days of applying online and doing the assessments, I received a pre-screening interview call. We scheduled an interview for the next business day. It was a quiet, laid back atmosphere where everyone wore Fastenal button up shirts with khakis or black pants. The interview it self was 30 minutes of conversation with a few questions about my previous experience and schooling. It seems like they prefer college students with not that much experience compared to someone who has nearly 15 years of it. I assume because with the part time position I was going for there were no benefits. Anyway she advised me of what they were looking for and what they offer. The next step would have been an interview with her and the distribution location manager.

Interview Questions
    • What's some challenges you faced in your previous position?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fastenal in October 2011.

I sat down in 2 interviews and just had a conversation. Super easy interview process. Be friendly and outgoing. I wore a suit and was ridiculously over-dressed. Wear a pair of khaki's (NOT JEANS) and a collared shirt. They're looking for people who are hard working and dependable and not afraid to get their hands dirty.

Interview Questions
    • There are no real typical questions I was asked. We just had a conversation. He talked about the company. It was more like I was interviewing him.   Answer Question
    You cannot negotiate your pay for this position. If you're in a position to negotiate salary, you probably should be looking a little higher than part time support.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fastenal in October 2007.

basic interview.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. take it or leave it mentality by mgmt

Part Time Support Interview

I was looking online and found the job posting so I took a look at Fastenal. I was called by the general manager for a face to face interview. I went to the actual McKinney location and I have to say the interview went great. It also did not hurt that it was the largest branch in the district!

Part Time Support Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fastenal in June 2012.

Original phone interview basically consisted of a conversation, then met with a branch GM then the district manager. Drug Test and DMV records were also requested.

Part Time Support Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fastenal in September 2011.

The whole interview process was very slow. Met with a DM, felt good about the interview and then never heard anything for over a month. Then one day got a call out of the blue and was told I would be having a phone interivew in 5 minutes. How's that for being prepared? After that it only took a couple days and I got the job

Nothing.