Fastenal

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Part Time Support

I applied online and interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview Details – There was a series of three interviews, each with different managers at different locations. The questions asked were more of personal nature rather than technical knowledge because of the type of position.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you made a wrong choice and how you overcame that decision.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – More money at current job.

Bryan, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fastenal in May 2012.

Interview Details – 1 on 1 interview with the district manager. It was pretty low key. Not a lot of hard questions. It was more just conversation.

Interview Question – Just make sure that infasize that you plan to stay with the company for the long term, even if you don't plan on it. They have such a high turnover rate that they are looking for people that plan to stay with the company. Sorry I don't remember any questions. It was more talk about yourself and about why I wanted to be an Industrial Distribution major. Easy stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Drug test and $10/hour. This is a pretty set rate as a part timer. It is great money but it would be nice if it moved up to $12/hour after a year or so.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fastenal in April 2012.

Interview Details – Within 2-3 days of applying online and doing the assessments, I received a pre-screening interview call. We scheduled an interview for the next business day. It was a quiet, laid back atmosphere where everyone wore Fastenal button up shirts with khakis or black pants. The interview it self was 30 minutes of conversation with a few questions about my previous experience and schooling. It seems like they prefer college students with not that much experience compared to someone who has nearly 15 years of it. I assume because with the part time position I was going for there were no benefits. Anyway she advised me of what they were looking for and what they offer. The next step would have been an interview with her and the distribution location manager.

Interview Question – What's some challenges you faced in your previous position?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fastenal in October 2011.

Interview Details – I sat down in 2 interviews and just had a conversation. Super easy interview process. Be friendly and outgoing. I wore a suit and was ridiculously over-dressed. Wear a pair of khaki's (NOT JEANS) and a collared shirt. They're looking for people who are hard working and dependable and not afraid to get their hands dirty.

Interview Question – There are no real typical questions I was asked. We just had a conversation. He talked about the company. It was more like I was interviewing him.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You cannot negotiate your pay for this position. If you're in a position to negotiate salary, you probably should be looking a little higher than part time support.

Louisville, KY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Fastenal in October 2007.

Interview Details – basic interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. take it or leave it mentality by mgmt

Interviewed at Fastenal

Interview Details – I was looking online and found the job posting so I took a look at Fastenal. I was called by the general manager for a face to face interview. I went to the actual McKinney location and I have to say the interview went great. It also did not hurt that it was the largest branch in the district!

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Part Time Support

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fastenal in June 2012.

Interview Details – Original phone interview basically consisted of a conversation, then met with a branch GM then the district manager. Drug Test and DMV records were also requested.

Interview Question – Three positive things about yourself?   Answer Question

Part Time Support

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fastenal in September 2011.

Interview Details – The whole interview process was very slow. Met with a DM, felt good about the interview and then never heard anything for over a month. Then one day got a call out of the blue and was told I would be having a phone interivew in 5 minutes. How's that for being prepared? After that it only took a couple days and I got the job

Negotiation Details – Nothing.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fastenal

Worked for Fastenal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fastenal Part Time Support interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fastenal employees and interview candidates.