Fastenal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2015

1.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fastenal (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

Called and scheduled interview the same week I applied. Drove for the interview and met the District Manager. Was then called back for second interview with the General Manager of the branch I was intended to be hired for. Both interviews consisted of the same questions and lasted about 10 mins.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got to select the location I wanted to work at. The pay was set... every new person is part-time as a trial peroid and then promoted to full time with a pay increase of $2000 a month.

Other Interview Reviews for Fastenal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Fastenal (Bellingham, WA).

Interview

Asked if i could handle the stress. I said yes

Interview Questions

• About me being a recovering alcoholic and if that is going to be a problem for me. Totally Didn't see that comeing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Bend, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fastenal (North Bend, WA).

Interview

WHAT A JOKE!!!! Local warehouse about 4 miles from my house, walked in to drop off a resume and talk to the hiring manager. was informed i needed to apply on line. went home and did so. contacted by reg manager for an interview....which he was 10 mins late for. After speaking with him i was told that i had to talk to the general manager. at that time was to busy and would call me. i called twice, both time informed that she was waiting for him to send a list of questions to ask me. Finally after 2 weeks i was called. After a quick phone interview. She informed me that i would be getting an email with the necessary paperwork to fill out......once the background and and drug screen came back i would be called with a start date. while on the phone with her i receive an e-mail from the district manager that i do not meet the qualifications for this position. This was a part time position.....Managers need to communicate.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Phone interview, followed by two in person interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

The interview was short. Talked with the district manager for about on hour about how my values and the companies matched up. Basic questions for an interview, such as, what are my values when working, where do I see myself in five years and what my careergoals are.

Negotiation

I was pleased with the offer, therefore I acceptedkt right away.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fastenal (Bozeman, MT) in January 2014.

Interview

must take and pass an online personality test. Once done, there are two interviews: one with the store manager and one with the district manager. Interviews ask questions about personal values and goals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arkansas, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fastenal (Arkansas, KY) in November 2012.

Interview

Learned of the job from a Fastenal employee. Applied online and recieved a phone call from the area's DM about a week to 10 days later to set up a face-to-face interview. Interview was straight forward and very laid back (I'm guessing it probably depends on the DM's personality). Basically he walked me through the Fastenal wesite's career section and then asked a few basic questions. Very easy interview. About a week after that I was offered the position with the contingency of completeing there on the job training process.

My advice would be to dress nice, smile, know a little about the company/product, and be professional. It's an easy interview/job so if you do those things, you should get an offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. Whats your knowledge of fasteners? Why Fastenal?
      2. Are you comfortable making cold-calls?
      3. Do you have any questions?

1 Answer

Negotiation

Hourly rate while in "training" that becomes salary based upon completion. The process is mostly self-paced webinars about their wide variety of products.

Starting base salary varies from region to region. It was my first job out of college so I didn't ask for more money, but if you have alot to offer it may help to ask for more compensation because it's a CAKE job. If your talented you shouldn't be there long. Just a stepping-stone to greatness!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Selma, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fastenal (Selma, AL) in December 2011.

Interview

I was going from store to store looking for a job and Fastenal was hiring. They asked me to come back for an interview. I walked in and they told me sit on this tall stool between them. They asked me some questions about why I would be good for the job and what I could do for them. They said they would let me know if I got the job. A few days later they called and told me to come in the next day. They put me straight to work with no training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. They said I would start at $9 and move up. I never got moved up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fastenal (Denver, CO) in April 2011.

Interview

You must pass an online assessment. In the assessment online there are word problems and it is timed. Some of them do not have actual answers. Make sure you have a paper and pen. Once you have done this if you have a pulse and are not on drugs you get the job. 1-2 interviews to make you think you did something to earn it.

Interview Questions

• In the assessment online there are word problems and it is timed. Some of them do not have actual answers. Make sure you have a paper and pen.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offer you a salary and that is the only option unless you are friends with the DM or they are desperate.