Fastenal Sales Support Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.0

Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

It was pretty laid back with some generic sales questions and background questions. I got a phone interview and within a day or so was meeting one on one with management.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fastenal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Westlake, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Had an interview with general manager and district manager. Had to get drug tested. Had a math like/ account management type of mini 20 min quiz when submitting application online.

Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal in September 2014.

Interview

Had to take a quiz, then talked to the district manager. Talked about my major in school. The main question is how long you plan on staying and where you see yourself going. If it doesn't match what the DM wants, then it was a waste of time even applying

Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fastenal in August 2014.

Interview

Very laid back. Asked basic questions about what kind of hours I can work and pay expectations. Also asked about where I see myself in 5 years, which hints to the fact that they like to promote from within.

Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

Online Application with aptitude test (probably didn't matter). Online Apps are corporate policy, and are only done to be processed and kept on file. Phone interview was next with District Manager. Personal Interview was somewhat casual. Took place in one of the store offices with the same DM. Questions were simple, ranging from behavioral to things like "what do you like to do for fun?"

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you disagreed with a boss and how did you handle it? Did you confront him/her?   Answer Question

Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fastenal in October 2012.

Interview

Brief interview process really. Asked about previous employment, skills, interested, and thought I was a good fit. Asked what I knew about the company and what drew me to it.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do? What do you know about the company? Where would you want to go with the company? Relatively broad questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quakertown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fastenal (Quakertown, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

Interview was held with store manager at location. Questions were mainly about driving record, customer service experience, knowledge on construction and/or tools, and sales experience. Upon hire, drug test was required. Additionally, manager had to approve me to drive the company truck by going for a ride along. Construction and tool knowledge are not required to get this job as a lot of stuff will be learned on the fly, as well as through the company learning website and binder.

Interview Questions

• What was one time where a customer asked you something you did not personally know, and how did you acquire a solution for him/her?   Answer Question

Negotiation

$10 hourly is the company standard and is nonnegotiable. Additionally, 20 hours is the maximum unless otherwise approved by the general manager or above

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fastenal (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process consist of filling out an online application that includes all of your past work experience. I spent a considerable amount of time reworking my resume only to find out that they didn't need/never look at it. There is also an online comprehension test that ask questions and has you pair up or pick out the best answers. The test is timed and is based off how accurately you respond and how many questions you answer (they never show or tell you the results).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your past work experience, and describe any customer service experience that you might have.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Gainesville, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

Met the DM at a career fair, applied online, got the interview with store manager 1 week later. Then a 2nd interview with the DM i originally met. Did not like the fact that I had too many jobs in the past because it showed that I was not loyal to a company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fastenal (Duluth, MN) in June 2011.

Interview

Basic interview questions, met with the district manager. Went over previous work experience and what I was studying in college. I was referred by a long time family friend who was close with the district manager so my interview was very basic.