Fastenal Sales Support Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.1

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Support Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fastenal in August 2014.

Very laid back. Asked basic questions about what kind of hours I can work and pay expectations. Also asked about where I see myself in 5 years, which hints to the fact that they like to promote from within.

Other Interview Reviews for Fastenal

Sales Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fastenal.

Online Application with aptitude test (probably didn't matter). Online Apps are corporate policy, and are only done to be processed and kept on file. Phone interview was next with District Manager. Personal Interview was somewhat casual. Took place in one of the store offices with the same DM. Questions were simple, ranging from behavioral to things like "what do you like to do for fun?"

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you disagreed with a boss and how did you handle it? Did you confront him/her?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fastenal in January 2012.

The interview process consist of filling out an online application that includes all of your past work experience. I spent a considerable amount of time reworking my resume only to find out that they didn't need/never look at it. There is also an online comprehension test that ask questions and has you pair up or pick out the best answers. The test is timed and is based off how accurately you respond and how many questions you answer (they never show or tell you the results).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your past work experience, and describe any customer service experience that you might have.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fastenal in October 2011.

Met the DM at a career fair, applied online, got the interview with store manager 1 week later. Then a 2nd interview with the DM i originally met. Did not like the fact that I had too many jobs in the past because it showed that I was not loyal to a company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexia, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexia, TX

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fastenal in February 2011.

Had a 1:1 interview and waiting to hear back from them. Interview went well. Easy and informal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fastenal in July 2010.

I applied for one job and was told I was interviewing for another when I showed up. Poor communication with potential new employees.

Not what I was expected

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Fastenal in May 2010.

There wasn't much of an interview process. I applied on line and had to take an IQ test, then received a call later that day to come in for an "interview". I was told to bring a copy of my driving record. When I showed up for an interview, there wasn't much of one. The manager asked me about my work history then told me what I would be making. He had me fill out some paperwork and then took me on a driving test. After the test, he stuck me out on the sales floor and I started training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

The process took a dayinterviewed at Fastenal in September 2009.

It was a very simple interview...all three of them. They ask normal questions like your weaknesses.

Interview Questions
    Offered hourly wage. Had to accept.

Sales Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Fastenal in March 2007.

Store manager arranged the interview during regular store hours midweek. The conversation lasted about thirty minutes and consisted of my knowledge of the product and my previous sales experience. The interview was largely informal, which a few questions probing personal history. The location in question was fully staffed, and the manager took my number in case of a future opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • Detail your previous sales experience - what could you have improved?   Answer Question
    • Tell me everything you know about Fastenal.   Answer Question

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

interviewed at Fastenal in August 2013.

Applied online. Did a test online first and was called for interview few weeks later. Interview was 15-20 minutes.
    Strengths/weaknesses - 2 of each!
    salary expectations
    tell me about yourself
    what makes a person successful
    where will you be in 2 years
    where will you be in 5 years
    do you plan on staying here long term

Interview Questions
    • what motivates you?
      why are you not working in what you have qualified in?
        Answer Question