Fastenal Sales Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buena Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fastenal (Buena Park, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and took a personality assessment. About a week later I had an in person interview. Very easy interview, just be personable. Just trying to find out what you want to do in life and what motivates you. Got a call with a job offer before I even got home.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fastenal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chillicothe, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Fastenal (Chillicothe, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Had an interview with store manager first. and then the district manager a few days later. Process took less than one week. Laid back environment seeing how you would fit into the industrial sales world. store manager is more worried how you will mesh with the sales people already there, district manager worried about sales and growing the business. Had to submit drug test and a background check. Will not hire people with bad driving records

Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fastenal (Bensalem, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through my school career center website and received an email from the District Sales Manager a couple weeks later about the opportunity. We arranged an interview and met with him.

I was asked a couple standard interview questions but was asked what questions I had for him. Make sure you have some good questions to ask.

I went through the interview and was told I would need to take an online assessment and a drug test. I passed both and received an offer but declined because I was given a better offer shortly after.

Sales Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

The first step was taking a basic math and English test. Then a phone call from the district manager to set up an appointment . After the first interview , there was a second , which was more laid back. About a week later , i received a call to come , and I was offered the job.

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fastenal (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Very fast. Easy to get hired as long as you are personable. You will have one interview, then you will spend half a day riding around with a fastenal employee to see how a typical day is. If you get through that and still like it, they will offer you a job. As long as you can pass a drug test.

Anonymous Employee in Alamosa, CO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fastenal (Alamosa, CO).

Interview

I filled out an application online and also took a personality assessment. I apparently did very well because the District Manager sent my application to the store manager and had her do an interview. The job was pitched to my accounting professor as an internship, but it was apparently an actual job. They were looking for current students to work 28 hours a week. That is not an internship, that is a job. The interview went well, but she didn't like that I couldn't work a full 28 hours a week. The store manager tried to get me to drop classes so that I could work more hours. I refused to do that and never heard back from her. I chalked it up as a good "trial" run for future interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you used teamwork in the workplace.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Flint, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fastenal (Flint, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

Do not even apply to this company unless you are desparate. They ask the same questions over and over. Maybe the dm was mildly retarded. (in mich anyway) if your young and desperate go for it. They want people they can brainwash to sell and make them lots of money while your compensation is crap.

Interview Questions

Not enough hours or pay to survive

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pottstown, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fastenal (Pottstown, PA) in November 2012.

Interview

After initial resume/cover letter was sent, I was emailed about a position and was told to fill out an application. The app involves a small test and the employer responded timely, or within a week. The interview was very straight forward, with one questioned asked where I see myself in 5 years. The responded appropriately throughout the process. No negotiation!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Fastenal in May 2011.

Interview

I had two face to face and one phone. It was informal for most part. Interviewed at two branches. Different approaches per manager. I clicked with the second one better.

Interview Questions

• Career goals in five years   1 Answer