Fastenal

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Alamosa, CO

I applied online and interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online and also took a personality assessment. I apparently did very well because the District Manager sent my application to the store manager and had her do an interview. The job was pitched to my accounting professor as an internship, but it was apparently an actual job. They were looking for current students to work 28 hours a week. That is not an internship, that is a job. The interview went well, but she didn't like that I couldn't work a full 28 hours a week. The store manager tried to get me to drop classes so that I could work more hours. I refused to do that and never heard back from her. I chalked it up as a good "trial" run for future interviews.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you used teamwork in the workplace.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Flint, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fastenal in March 2014.

Interview Details – Do not even apply to this company unless you are desparate. They ask the same questions over and over. Maybe the dm was mildly retarded. (in mich anyway) if your young and desperate go for it. They want people they can brainwash to sell and make them lots of money while your compensation is crap.

Interview Question – Why Fastenal?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not enough hours or pay to survive

Pottstown, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fastenal in November 2012.

Interview Details – After initial resume/cover letter was sent, I was emailed about a position and was told to fill out an application. The app involves a small test and the employer responded timely, or within a week. The interview was very straight forward, with one questioned asked where I see myself in 5 years. The responded appropriately throughout the process. No negotiation!

Interview Question – Will I feel comfortable in business casual attire?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Worked for Fastenal? Contribute to the Community!