Fastenal Sales Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.2

Sales Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

Was a generic list of questions provided by corporate, was fairly simple with many questions focusing on the future. Lasted about 10 minutes. Most people interview with general manager and district manager either in person or on the phone

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fastenal

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fastenal (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

I had multiple interviews with various managers in the district. The questions weren't difficult and required basic answers. Overall the interview was fairly simple. I do wish the whole process would have moved faster though.

Anonymous Employee in Buena Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fastenal (Buena Park, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and took a personality assessment. About a week later I had an in person interview. Very easy interview, just be personable. Just trying to find out what you want to do in life and what motivates you. Got a call with a job offer before I even got home.

Interview Questions

• Why sales? Why Fastenal? How have you worked in teams?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chillicothe, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fastenal (Chillicothe, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Had an interview with store manager first. and then the district manager a few days later. Process took less than one week. Laid back environment seeing how you would fit into the industrial sales world. store manager is more worried how you will mesh with the sales people already there, district manager worried about sales and growing the business. Had to submit drug test and a background check. Will not hire people with bad driving records

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Bensalem, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through my school career center website and received an email from the District Sales Manager a couple weeks later about the opportunity. We arranged an interview and met with him. I was asked a couple standard interview questions but was asked what questions I had for him. Make sure you have some good questions to ask. I went through the interview and was told I would need to take an online assessment and a drug test. I passed both and received an offer but declined because I was given a better offer shortly after.

Sales Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fastenal.

Interview

The first step was taking a basic math and English test. Then a phone call from the district manager to set up an appointment . After the first interview , there was a second , which was more laid back. About a week later , i received a call to come , and I was offered the job.

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Very fast. Easy to get hired as long as you are personable. You will have one interview, then you will spend half a day riding around with a fastenal employee to see how a typical day is. If you get through that and still like it, they will offer you a job. As long as you can pass a drug test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alamosa, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fastenal (Alamosa, CO).

Interview

I filled out an application online and also took a personality assessment. I apparently did very well because the District Manager sent my application to the store manager and had her do an interview. The job was pitched to my accounting professor as an internship, but it was apparently an actual job. They were looking for current students to work 28 hours a week. That is not an internship, that is a job. The interview went well, but she didn't like that I couldn't work a full 28 hours a week. The store manager tried to get me to drop classes so that I could work more hours. I refused to do that and never heard back from her. I chalked it up as a good "trial" run for future interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you used teamwork in the workplace.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fastenal (Flint, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

Do not even apply to this company unless you are desparate. They ask the same questions over and over. Maybe the dm was mildly retarded. (in mich anyway) if your young and desperate go for it. They want people they can brainwash to sell and make them lots of money while your compensation is crap.

Interview Questions

Not enough hours or pay to survive

Anonymous Employee in Pottstown, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastenal (Pottstown, PA) in November 2012.

Interview

After initial resume/cover letter was sent, I was emailed about a position and was told to fill out an application. The app involves a small test and the employer responded timely, or within a week. The interview was very straight forward, with one questioned asked where I see myself in 5 years. The responded appropriately throughout the process. No negotiation!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation