Fastenal Sales Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2014

2.0

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fastenal.

The first step was taking a basic math and English test. Then a phone call from the district manager to set up an appointment . After the first interview , there was a second , which was more laid back. About a week later , i received a call to come , and I was offered the job.

No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Fastenal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alamosa, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alamosa, CO

I applied online – interviewed at Fastenal.

I filled out an application online and also took a personality assessment. I apparently did very well because the District Manager sent my application to the store manager and had her do an interview. The job was pitched to my accounting professor as an internship, but it was apparently an actual job. They were looking for current students to work 28 hours a week. That is not an internship, that is a job. The interview went well, but she didn't like that I couldn't work a full 28 hours a week. The store manager tried to get me to drop classes so that I could work more hours. I refused to do that and never heard back from her. I chalked it up as a good "trial" run for future interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you used teamwork in the workplace.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fastenal in March 2014.

Do not even apply to this company unless you are desparate. They ask the same questions over and over. Maybe the dm was mildly retarded. (in mich anyway) if your young and desperate go for it. They want people they can brainwash to sell and make them lots of money while your compensation is crap.

Interview Questions

Not enough hours or pay to survive

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pottstown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pottstown, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fastenal in November 2012.

After initial resume/cover letter was sent, I was emailed about a position and was told to fill out an application. The app involves a small test and the employer responded timely, or within a week. The interview was very straight forward, with one questioned asked where I see myself in 5 years. The responded appropriately throughout the process. No negotiation!

No negotiation