Fasthosts Internet Interview Questions & Reviews

1 interview

1.0

Candidate Interview Review

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Gloucester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Gloucester, England (UK)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fasthosts Internet in June 2013.

Truly appalling process.

I, along with others, who made the the first stage interview were eventually led into a large meeting room some 30 minutes late after arriving on time whilst the room was 'set up'. Why this wasn't prepared the evening before or prior to the 09:00 start is not know, Hard to see what setting up involved as we were led to an empty room Suspect them meant 'tidying up'.

Three individuals then introduced themselves to us and told us a little (little being the operative word) about the company. They seemed to have great difficulty answering some of the questions which were later asked by the attendees and embarrassingly passed over some of the questions. Two of the company representatives were downright scruffy (and I mean scruffy not causal) - one even to the point of looking decidedly grubby in old jeans and tee-shirt which only served to emphasise the fine beer belly he sported!

We were then give 3 tests - a dumbed down technical test, a logic and comprehension test and a phone technique test. For the latter you were led to a grubby, messy live, call centre environment where you simulated a customer conversation with one of the interviewers. For this you were expected to wear an old headset which was past its best and that goodness who knows had worn it before you. No thoughts for hygiene whatsoever.

With a lot of further flapping around all candidates returned to the large meeting room and those who had done better at the tests were asked to stay whilst the others were dismissed.

I was asked to stay but had long decided Fasthosts wasn't for me and I told the interviewers that I did not wish to proceed further as it was not the kind of company I wanted to work for.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions very easy e.g. what does DNS stand for? What does FTP stand for. Kids stuff. Most difficult question: what don't you like about yourself? Hardly innovative!   Answer Question

Didn't like the look of the company and quite appalled by the state of the workplace. Simply too casual all round. If the staff don't care the management won't care.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fasthosts Internet

Worked for Fasthosts Internet? Contribute to the Community!