FedBid

14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Client Services Representative Interview

Client Services Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at FedBid.

Interview Details – During busy season FedBid is looking to hire many temp/interns for the summer months. In you go through two interview one with the HR person and another one with a Director or supervisor.

Interview Question – What can sometimes catch you off guard is the fact that they ask for a writing sample. If you interview I suggest that you learn as much as you can about the company so that you are well equipped for the writing portion of the interview.   Answer Question

Market Specialist Interview

Market Specialist

Interviewed at FedBid

Interview Details – There was a phone interview followed by an onsite interview with 2 senior specialists. Interview was not very difficult, seemed more of a "get to know you" type of interview.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to fix a situation.   Answer Question

Account Specialist Interview

Account Specialist
Vienna, VA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at FedBid in June 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted a resume and received a phone call interview that week. At the end of the phone interview, I was asked to come interview in person. This consisted of an hour long interview with two Senior Account Managers, then a half hour interview with HR and a half hour interview with a Vice President of the company. I received a phone call later that week offering me the position and started the following week.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations were possible

QA Specialist Interview

QA Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FedBid in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through online posting, got response after 10 days. HR scheduled a phone screen after postponing couple of times. HR was late to the interview by 10 minutes.In the interview from the first minute onwards I can sense that the person on the other side is bit pushy and controlling. In the phone interview what I have noticed is that the non-technical HR is asking all technical questions that were given by somebody. I confidently answered all the questions. For the question of my expected compensation, I have mentioned the current market value for the position with some flexibility….that is it, the conversation has ended quickly.

Interview Question – The HR person did not gave me a chance to ask any questions at the end of the interview, which I feel is very rude..…..overall I did not enjoy the interview and I will not recommend this company for anyone with some years of experience in the IT industry. Later through my network, I come to know that this is a CHEAP shop and always offer substandard salaries. Glad that I did not waste valuable time in my career by spending at this company.

Good luck with your job search!
  Answer Question

Market Specialist Interview

Market Specialist

I applied through college or university and interviewed at FedBid.

Interview Details – Hired through on campus interview and career fair. Met with VP on campus, then went to FB HQ to meet with 4~ people and write a paragraph on what I knew about FedBid.

Overall pretty easy- they interview a lot of people and tend to interview everyone pretty fast, so the questions are really around fit and ability to work long hours.

Interview Question – Write a paragraph about FedBid.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Falls Church, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FedBid in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted by email for a phone interview. Following the phone interview, I was asked to come in for a in person interview in which I met with and HR rep to fill out some forms and then was interviewed by two individuals who work in the managerial positions. 2 weeks later, I was informed of their decision.

Interview Question – They provide you with a computer and ask you to answer some questions about the company's mission and process of business.   Answer Question

Martketplace Intern Interview

Martketplace Intern

Interviewed at FedBid

Interview Details – I applied after I received an email sent out to everyone in my college. A recruiter emailed to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was with the same recruiter. After the phone interview, I was invited to interview on-site with a Senior manager and supervisor. Both the phone interview and on-site interview were mainly behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were in charge of a project and made an unpopular decision.   Answer Question

Market Specialist Intern Interview

Market Specialist Intern
Vienna, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FedBid in April 2013.

Interview Details – Met Recruiter at Job Fair. Emailed application. Initial phone screening then called in for on-site interview. Typical behavioral questions. One interview with HR head and another with supervisor.

Every time I called their office throughout the recruiting process (~10 times) the phone went straight to voicemail. I had to communicate with 3 different people throughout the process, all of which were uncoordinated in their efforts to reach me.

Was originally supposed to interview with 2 staff members, only 1 was at work that day. The interviewer (young professional) was very standoff-ish, and melancholy, didn't crack a smile the entire time. I'm not sure if it was a ploy or not, but it was uncomfortable just based on the demeanor he displayed.

They also walk you in through the floor where everyone works. It's all newly graduated young professionals, but the atmosphere was awful. There wasn't a sound other than typing and a couple people on the phone, everyone looked absolutely miserable, so I'm not sure why they show this to perspective employees. Between the demeanor of the guy that interviewed me and the environment I saw, it looked like a horrid place to work.

Interview Question – What do you know about the FedBid business model?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Market Intern Interview

Market Intern
Vienna, VA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at FedBid in July 2013.

Interview Details – My friend submitted a referral for me. Received an email from their HR department to schedule a phone interview. Basic questions, what I knew about the company, how I heard about them. Nothing major.

Afterwards, I was scheduled for an in-person interview at their HQ. Interviewed by HR, a supervisor, and a director.

Standard interview questions that you can Google. Weaknesses, strengths, when you once overcame an issue.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Market Place Intern Interview

Market Place Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FedBid.

Interview Details – I applied and 2 weeks later I received an e-mail to schedule a phone screening. After e-mailing them back, it took another week for them to respond at which point I had to give them times I was free again. It then took another week for them to respond and and we had to repeat the process. Almost a month after the initial e-mail I had my phone screening which was very brief, going over your resume and clarifying things.

I was given an interview on campus a week after that. It only lasted about a half hour, with them asking pretty generic questions asking for examples of certain things (over coming an obstacle, communication, customer service, etc). There was also a brief writing assignment at the end.

The next week I received a call offering me the internship, and instead of taking it on the spot I decided to take the week to decide. However, the next day they called to take back the offer because they weren't authorized to do that yet.

After this whole experience, I thought it was very unprofessional of them and it doesn't seem like they are organized at all, and I withdrew my application.

Interview Question – Give an example of when you had to think critically.   Answer Question

Worked for FedBid? Contribute to the Community!