FedBid Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2015
Updated Jan 24, 2015

2.3

Quality Assurance Interview

I interviewed with people in the Human Resources department, as well as the heads of the various operations teams. The interview room was very cold, and I was rather nervous, but the staff was warm and inviting. They gave me a tour of the office, which I thought was a nice touch, and helped me see what I was in store for.

Client Services Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at FedBid.

During busy season FedBid is looking to hire many temp/interns for the summer months. In you go through two interview one with the HR person and another one with a Director or supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • What can sometimes catch you off guard is the fact that they ask for a writing sample. If you interview I suggest that you learn as much as you can about the company so that you are well equipped for the writing portion of the interview.   Answer Question

Market Specialist Interview

There was a phone interview followed by an onsite interview with 2 senior specialists. Interview was not very difficult, seemed more of a "get to know you" type of interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to fix a situation.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FedBid in May 2014.

Interviewed and got the position about a week later. Started later that month and then was on board. Training was one week long and nothing ridiculous. Free lunch was provided and the instructor was great. No complaints as far as skill set and experience gained. The only thing I didn't like was vagueness of pay rate and things of that nature.

NO NEGOTIATION

Market Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FedBid.

Hired through on campus interview and career fair. Met with VP on campus, then went to FB HQ to meet with 4~ people and write a paragraph on what I knew about FedBid.

Overall pretty easy- they interview a lot of people and tend to interview everyone pretty fast, so the questions are really around fit and ability to work long hours.

QA Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FedBid in February 2014.

Applied through online posting, got response after 10 days. HR scheduled a phone screen after postponing couple of times. HR was late to the interview by 10 minutes.In the interview from the first minute onwards I can sense that the person on the other side is bit pushy and controlling. In the phone interview what I have noticed is that the non-technical HR is asking all technical questions that were given by somebody. I confidently answered all the questions. For the question of my expected compensation, I have mentioned the current market value for the position with some flexibility….that is it, the conversation has ended quickly.

Interview Questions
    • The HR person did not gave me a chance to ask any questions at the end of the interview, which I feel is very rude..…..overall I did not enjoy the interview and I will not recommend this company for anyone with some years of experience in the IT industry. Later through my network, I come to know that this is a CHEAP shop and always offer substandard salaries. Glad that I did not waste valuable time in my career by spending at this company.

Good luck with your job search!

Answer Question

Post BaccalaureatePosition Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FedBid in February 2014.

I submitted my application through career services in college. One of the worst interview experiences I've ever had. The interviewers' phones kept going off and they did not know my name. The interview itself was not bad, as long as you prepare beforehand. It mostly consisted of behavioral questions or asking me about something in my resume.

Interview Questions
    • The 3-4 questions they asked were behavioral questions. At the end they also want you to write 1-2 sentences on how would you describe what FedBid does.   Answer Question

Market Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FedBid in January 2014.

They arrange a phone interview with HR that lasts 20 minutes and covers your resume along with your career goals. After the phone interview, if chosen they have you come to their office in Tyson's Corner. The interview will be with two people and again all questions are behavioral based, but at the end of the interview you will have a writing assignment to explain the FedBid business model.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary - behavioral based questions and very focused on customer service.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Martketplace Intern Interview

I applied after I received an email sent out to everyone in my college. A recruiter emailed to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was with the same recruiter. After the phone interview, I was invited to interview on-site with a Senior manager and supervisor. Both the phone interview and on-site interview were mainly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were in charge of a project and made an unpopular decision.   Answer Question

Market Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at FedBid in July 2013.

My friend submitted a referral for me. Received an email from their HR department to schedule a phone interview. Basic questions, what I knew about the company, how I heard about them. Nothing major.

Afterwards, I was scheduled for an in-person interview at their HQ. Interviewed by HR, a supervisor, and a director.

Standard interview questions that you can Google. Weaknesses, strengths, when you once overcame an issue.