FedBid Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2014
Updated Aug 29, 2014

2.3

Quality Assurance Interview

I interviewed with people in the Human Resources department, as well as the heads of the various operations teams. The interview room was very cold, and I was rather nervous, but the staff was warm and inviting. They gave me a tour of the office, which I thought was a nice touch, and helped me see what I was in store for.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FedBid in May 2014.

Interviewed and got the position about a week later. Started later that month and then was on board. Training was one week long and nothing ridiculous. Free lunch was provided and the instructor was great. No complaints as far as skill set and experience gained. The only thing I didn't like was vagueness of pay rate and things of that nature.

NO NEGOTIATION

Client Services Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at FedBid.

During busy season FedBid is looking to hire many temp/interns for the summer months. In you go through two interview one with the HR person and another one with a Director or supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • What can sometimes catch you off guard is the fact that they ask for a writing sample. If you interview I suggest that you learn as much as you can about the company so that you are well equipped for the writing portion of the interview.   Answer Question

Market Specialist Interview

There was a phone interview followed by an onsite interview with 2 senior specialists. Interview was not very difficult, seemed more of a "get to know you" type of interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to fix a situation.   Answer Question

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at FedBid in June 2011.

I submitted a resume and received a phone call interview that week. At the end of the phone interview, I was asked to come interview in person. This consisted of an hour long interview with two Senior Account Managers, then a half hour interview with HR and a half hour interview with a Vice President of the company. I received a phone call later that week offering me the position and started the following week.

No negotiations were possible

QA Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FedBid in February 2014.

Applied through online posting, got response after 10 days. HR scheduled a phone screen after postponing couple of times. HR was late to the interview by 10 minutes.In the interview from the first minute onwards I can sense that the person on the other side is bit pushy and controlling. In the phone interview what I have noticed is that the non-technical HR is asking all technical questions that were given by somebody. I confidently answered all the questions. For the question of my expected compensation, I have mentioned the current market value for the position with some flexibility….that is it, the conversation has ended quickly.

Interview Questions
    • The HR person did not gave me a chance to ask any questions at the end of the interview, which I feel is very rude..…..overall I did not enjoy the interview and I will not recommend this company for anyone with some years of experience in the IT industry. Later through my network, I come to know that this is a CHEAP shop and always offer substandard salaries. Glad that I did not waste valuable time in my career by spending at this company.

Good luck with your job search!
        Answer Question

Market Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at FedBid.

Hired through on campus interview and career fair. Met with VP on campus, then went to FB HQ to meet with 4~ people and write a paragraph on what I knew about FedBid.

Overall pretty easy- they interview a lot of people and tend to interview everyone pretty fast, so the questions are really around fit and ability to work long hours.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Falls Church, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FedBid in March 2013.

Applied online and was contacted by email for a phone interview. Following the phone interview, I was asked to come in for a in person interview in which I met with and HR rep to fill out some forms and then was interviewed by two individuals who work in the managerial positions. 2 weeks later, I was informed of their decision.

Interview Questions
    • They provide you with a computer and ask you to answer some questions about the company's mission and process of business.   Answer Question

Martketplace Intern Interview

I applied after I received an email sent out to everyone in my college. A recruiter emailed to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was with the same recruiter. After the phone interview, I was invited to interview on-site with a Senior manager and supervisor. Both the phone interview and on-site interview were mainly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were in charge of a project and made an unpopular decision.   Answer Question

Market Specialist Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FedBid in April 2013.

Met Recruiter at Job Fair. Emailed application. Initial phone screening then called in for on-site interview. Typical behavioral questions. One interview with HR head and another with supervisor.

Every time I called their office throughout the recruiting process (~10 times) the phone went straight to voicemail. I had to communicate with 3 different people throughout the process, all of which were uncoordinated in their efforts to reach me.

Was originally supposed to interview with 2 staff members, only 1 was at work that day. The interviewer (young professional) was very standoff-ish, and melancholy, didn't crack a smile the entire time. I'm not sure if it was a ploy or not, but it was uncomfortable just based on the demeanor he displayed.

They also walk you in through the floor where everyone works. It's all newly graduated young professionals, but the atmosphere was awful. There wasn't a sound other than typing and a couple people on the phone, everyone looked absolutely miserable, so I'm not sure why they show this to perspective employees. Between the demeanor of the guy that interviewed me and the environment I saw, it looked like a horrid place to work.

Interview Questions

Worked for FedBid? Contribute to the Community!