FedEx

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Orange, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FedEx in March 2010.

Interview Details – Three interviews before getting hired.

Interview Question – What is your worst quality ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was a good process.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at FedEx in February 2009.

Interview Details – I jumped through a lot of hoops on their schedule but was not given a lot of consideration of my schedule.

Interview Question – Pretty straighforward STAR interview question model   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offered salary 10% higher than what was discussed in the interview

Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FedEx in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter and had a phone interview. The interview had basic questions and then behavioral questions. Then I was required to apply online at the fedex website and also answer similar behavior questions online as part of the application. about a week later I was contacted for an in person interview. I was required to create a powerpoint presentation based on a territory they gave me. I was also required to send in the presentation in advance.

The in person interview lasted about 2 hours with a panel of 3 interviewers. We 1st went over my resume, my skills and abilities. Then I gave my presentation and was asked some follow up questions. I was asked 6 behavioral questions and had to give specific examples of when I encountered the situation how I handled it and the outcome. At the end they went over more specifics of the job and answered any question I had about the position.

That night I was contacted by the hiring manager saying she wanted to hire me and I would be receive my offer letter that weekend.

Background check is very thorough. Drug Screen, Credit check, and employment history check.

Interview Question – The presentation was very intimidating. There was a ton of information given and at the same time not enough information was given. However I do think this is a weeding out tool for them. If you are not serious about it then they do not want to waste anyones time. Many people apparently did not show up to their interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My offer was at the top of the range so I accepted the offer and did not negotiate.

Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at FedEx in February 2008.

Interview Details – internal candidate. had to fulfill 18 months of meets or exceeds expectations in inside sales account executive position. applied online, reached out to management in chicago area. interviewed with manager and director. panel interview, presentation and q&a session.

Interview Question – tell me about a time when you disagreed with a superior and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at FedEx in February 2009.

Interview Details – Now that all the sales and marketing are FedEx "Services" employees the interview process has changed from when I was hired. Now, the interview process starts by fedex inviting anywhere between 10-20 people to listen to a presentation on the position. From here, the manageres will individually speak with people afterwards and offer the ones they like interviews. The actual interview consists of giving a sales presentation on a fedex service of your choice, behaviroal questions, and a mock sales call done over the phone (they go in another room and you cal them). This is only for the inside sales position- the field positions are a bit different.

Interview Question – describe a time when...   Answer Question

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FedEx.

Interview Details – Interview process was swift but somewhat lengthy. First portion was a phone interview to examine our background. Next was a phone interview with another manager to set up an in person interview.

At the in-person interview we were hosted by a panel of 3 employee's. We had to present a power point on a territory, followed by several behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Describe a time when your customers goals did not necessarily align with your current organizational goals.   Answer Question

Account Executive

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 12 months - interviewed at FedEx.

Interview Details – It took a year to get hired at FedEx

Negotiation Details – Ask for more until you get a firm no.

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at FedEx in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied for AE job online. Heard back by email 1st and was asked a few essay type questions. Next was a phone interview with the talent acquisition person followed by another phone interview with the Sales Manager. I then had an individual, in person, interview with Sales Manger followed by a panel interview of 3. Standard questions asked.

Interview Question – Give an example when your customer was resistant to go forward with you and your company... how did you turn it around and make the sale?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at FedEx

Worked for FedEx? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FedEx Account Executive interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by FedEx employees and interview candidates.