FedEx Courier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2015

2.7

Courier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx in November 2012.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy Eventhough I was interviewed by two people at once.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FedEx

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FedEx (DFW, TX).

Interview

Standard behavioral interview. panel interview where usually 3 managers take turns asking situational questions. each question presents you with a problem or asks you to recall a time where you encountered a situation in your life or work history. What might have been the problem? what you did, did it work? what you learned. use the STAR method to answer these questions.

Interview Questions

• If you encounter a customer who was dissatisfied with our service, what might be some actions you could take to help this customer resolve their problems?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FedEx (Oakland, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

One on One interview.The hiring Mgr. made me feel very comfortable.It wasmore like a discussion than an interview.He asked me about my likes and dislikes, my strenghths and weaknesses.he asked me what type of activities or personal relationships brought joy to my life.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses and how can you improve on possibly making them your strenghths.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating, it was an hourly position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FedEx (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was rather quick, it was a basic job that didn't require and in depth conversation. It started with an over the phone interview in which they asked general questions regarding work history and why I might be looking to change careers. It was then followed by an offer to schedule for an interview face to face which includes a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about experience, job ethics and why I think I qualify   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Bakersfield, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and about a week later I got a call to schedule an interview. I was interviewed by one guy who just asked me to describe a few past work situations. I had already researched the types of questions on glassdoor so I was prepared for them. The whole interview took about 15 minutes and was very relaxed.

Courier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx.

Interview

Very straight forward basic questions. Friendly interviewers and just want the most dedicated & punctual people perfect for the job. Did the phone questions first and then was scheduled a interview with two of the hiring managers at the station and told they would contact me back once they got everything checked in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northwood, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FedEx (Northwood, OH) in November 2010.

Interview

Applied online, application was quite long. Received an email for first come first serve interview. The interviewer was very helpful and informative, explained the process and the steps of application and hiring process. HR went over application, requested a second interview. Second interview consisted of a Panel Interview, managers where very friendly. Office and its staff was very helpful and approachable. Two months later after paper work was straight completed physical/ drug screen. Next was Courier School. Courier school was two weeks, individual must complete Courier school successfully, upon completion offered permanent position as a courier.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a situation where you had to take lead, what was the situation and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

Courier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FedEx (Saskatoon, SK (Canada)) in August 2013.

Interview

1. After submitting an online resume and cover letter you will likely get a phone call that will include a short over the phone pre-interview. 2. If successful you will receive an in-person interview and you will be asked to bring a high-school transcript and a recently obtained record of your driving (transcript). 3. If you are still successful, you will be asked to take a driving test, much like you do for a regular driving license. This will typically be in a car, not a FedEx Van. At the same time you need to go online and give FedEx the OK to do a background check. 4. If you are hired, you will be on a 6-month probationary period.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer and did not do a very good job of satisfying their needs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase - you get a letter of offer and make accept or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Meridian, MS) in March 2009.

Interview

Had 3 interviews. Had to pass a written test to show proficiency in reading a map, following directions, and remembering details about packages. Had to pass drug screen, physical and criminal background check.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to give real life experience to difficult situations such as working in inclement weather or dealing with angry customers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Courier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Burlington, ON (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

Driving online test, 1 phone behavior on phone, drivers abstract, 1: 2 behavior with hiring manager

Interview Questions

• What is worse day at work, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question