FedEx Courier Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2014
Updated Oct 4, 2014

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Courier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FedEx in November 2012.

The interview process was fairly easy Eventhough I was interviewed by two people at once.

Other Interview Reviews for FedEx

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at FedEx in July 2010.

One on One interview.The hiring Mgr. made me feel very comfortable.It wasmore like a discussion than an interview.He asked me about my likes and dislikes, my strenghths and weaknesses.he asked me what type of activities or personal relationships brought joy to my life.

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses and how can you improve on possibly making them your strenghths.   Answer Question
    No negotiating, it was an hourly position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northwood, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northwood, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FedEx in November 2010.

Applied online, application was quite long. Received an email for first come first serve interview. The interviewer was very helpful and informative, explained the process and the steps of application and hiring process.
    HR went over application, requested a second interview.
    Second interview consisted of a Panel Interview, managers where very friendly. Office and its staff was very helpful and approachable.
    Two months later after paper work was straight completed physical/ drug screen. Next was Courier School.
    Courier school was two weeks, individual must complete Courier school successfully, upon completion offered permanent position as a courier.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a situation where you had to take lead, what was the situation and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    n/a

Courier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at FedEx in August 2013.

1. After submitting an online resume and cover letter you will likely get a phone call that will include a short over the phone pre-interview.

2. If successful you will receive an in-person interview and you will be asked to bring a high-school transcript and a recently obtained record of your driving (transcript).

3. If you are still successful, you will be asked to take a driving test, much like you do for a regular driving license. This will typically be in a car, not a FedEx Van. At the same time you need to go online and give FedEx the OK to do a background check.

4. If you are hired, you will be on a 6-month probationary period.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral: Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer and did not do a very good job of satisfying their needs.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase - you get a letter of offer and make accept or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, MS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FedEx in March 2009.

Had 3 interviews. Had to pass a written test to show proficiency in reading a map, following directions, and remembering details about packages. Had to pass drug screen, physical and criminal background check.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to give real life experience to difficult situations such as working in inclement weather or dealing with angry customers.   View Answer
    Did not negotiate

Courier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FedEx in March 2013.

Driving online test, 1 phone behavior on phone, drivers abstract, 1: 2 behavior with hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • What is worse day at work, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FedEx in December 2010.

I would rate the interview as difficult due to the manor of the two who questioned me on the situation test
    a five part question by the time they are done with the question (paragraph) your almost confused about your answer.
    This all happened after i waited 1 hr 15 min in the waiting room for my interview.
    their demeanor was cold as ice ,you leave having wondering how did i do?? absolutely no idea coming from the two robots who interviewed me. I felt as though i was taking them away from something they would rather be doing a smile is to much to ask, most questions are directed around someone with management experience Im applying for a driver position not management.

Interview Questions
    • mostly about past job experience   View Answer
    • I was never asked a single question about the job Im applying for   View Answer