FedEx Custom Critical Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2015

2.6

OTR Straight Truck Driver Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FedEx Custom Critical in June 2014.

Interview

What interview? There was no interview, basically, you want the job, ok, you're hired. Qualifying was a long process but this company is desperate for drivers so it seems they'll hire just about anyone that can pass the screening.

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at FedEx Custom Critical (Akron, OH).

Interview

The process starts with a phone interview, which consisted of several behavioral based questions. If you do well, they will bring you in for an in person interview with a Manager and an HR Rep. All questions are behavioral based. Should also bring with you a 30-60-90 day transition plan showing how you think you will be able to be successful. If your being moved forward, they will call you and inform you that they are doing a background check on you, and that you need to complete a drug test for them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you specifically built your own book of business, and what your prospecting strategy was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Base pay was locked in, and not negotiable.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Uniontown, OH

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at FedEx Custom Critical (Uniontown, OH) in November 2013.

Interview

One interview in person. I offered to tell my interviewer how every phase of this job was done. He kept nodding his head, yes to every thing I said. He was hiring 14 girls. I got a letter saying that he was looking for a better fit. Age discrimination.

Interview Questions

• I did not think any of the questions were difficult. I performed this exact position for 1 1/2 years at another trucking company, went to Fedex with good credentials, a solid work history and good work ethics. I am over 45 years old, and was definitely discriminated against my age.   2 Answers

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Uniontown, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at FedEx Custom Critical (Uniontown, OH) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied via website and was contacted for a phone interview within a week. At the conclusion of the phone interview, I was invited to go to the site for an interview with HR and a manager, as well as sit with a current employee. The HR and Manager were stone faces and not very friendly during the interview. The employee I sat with was extremely nice and positive about the job.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when your integrity was challenged at work and explain how you handled it.   1 Answer

Contractor Resource Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uniontown, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Custom Critical (Uniontown, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone interview is first. Then a panel interview on-site with two people including the Manager of the Department and anHr staff. Drug and Background test. Await @ two weeks for these to come in and also job references.

Interview Questions

• How or where do you go to find Resources?   1 Answer

Senior Level Ops Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uniontown, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at FedEx Custom Critical (Uniontown, OH) in November 2010.

Interview

Standard interview process, most questions were very easy and simple. Nothing surpring on tricky. HR folks are very nice and to the point. I think most have left and been replaced now.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when yuo wanted to quit your job and why.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiations, take it or leave it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uniontown, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Custom Critical (Uniontown, OH) in May 2010.

Interview

30 temps were hired be FedEx recruiter. Constant feedback was given. Some temps left, others were released. After six months the remaining 14 temps were given 1:1 interview and review of performance. 12 of 30 temps were hired after six months.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to think outside the box to meet a customer's request.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you dealt with a angry customer, how you handled it, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uniontown, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at FedEx Custom Critical (Uniontown, OH) in April 2010.

Interview

I had 2 interview. 1 phone interview and then 1 in-person interview where I had interviews with 2 groups of people and was given the ability to observe people on the floor.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There really wasn't a negotiation. They offer you an hourly rate and you take it or not. I didn't try to ask for more.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uniontown, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FedEx Custom Critical (Uniontown, OH) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview was typical big-corporate red tape. It took several e-mails to get a phone call. Several phone calls to get invited to fly to OH. Several visits to get an offer. Several offer counters to take the job. The interview process is overly formal, and through. Overall I could tell that management didn't have a clue, but I thought that I would be able to use my experience to teach them something. They made it seem like the FedEx brand would be my ticket to all the sales that I wanted. I was promised good account leads from other divisions of FedEx. None of those things happened.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. I was able to get an extra 2000/yr.