FedEx Freight Interview Questions

2.4

Dockworker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Monmouth Junction, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monmouth Junction, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FedEx Freight in July 2014.

I applied for this job online, 2 days later I get a call from HR to schedule an interview. the interview was just a standard interview; 1 day, simple questions, they ask you about your previous work experience, what situations did you face and how you fixed them, what are the reasons why you left that job, why did you apply for this job. and the most important question at the end, if I have 3 applicants but only 1 opening, why should I hire you? the whole interview took about 30 minutes. the guy told me he will call me in two weeks with an update. he did call me 2 weeks later and asked when I can schedule a drug test and background check. I went in and did all that and then the process to get the results took less than a week and then he called back to have me come in and start working. So the whole interview and hiring process took about a month to complete.

Interview Questions
    • If I have 3 applicants but only 1 opening, why should I hire you out of the others?   View Answer

Road Driver Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at FedEx Freight.

Must be alive and breathing. Be as unsafe as you want to be, just don't have a bad driving record. Fill application online, receive a call, show up with a heartbeat, and you've passed the most difficult part of the process.

Interview Questions
    • Can you pass a pre-employment drug screen?   View Answer

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FedEx Freight in October 2013.

Very simple interview. Questions the supervisor asks are irrelevant to the position, but are required by the company to ask. Once hired, a drug screen is completed and you are notified within a week or two.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a problem that got in the way of your work. What was the problem? How did you solve the problem? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Fleet Maintenance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Conley, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conley, GA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at FedEx Freight.

I completed the application on-line after receiving a call from an associate, I had a phone interview with senior management on two occasions and then a interview with HR. it was after the HR interview I received and offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer always asking at the end of a question "what would you have done differently?"   View Answer
    There was no room for negotiation

Dockworker-Part Time Interview

Took over two weeks to hear back from them.
    Interview was extensive; lots of questions about previous experience.
    Took a tour of the dock, job duties were explained as well as what a typical day in this position is like.
    Was asked to take a drug test immediately after the interview and return with the receipt.

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FedEx Freight in March 2013.

Went through 2 interviews. The Interviews are behavior based.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to manage a difficult employee.   Answer Question
    they did not want to negotiate.

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FedEx Freight.

Multiple interviews, basic knowledge testing, background check, drug testing, offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • Dependent upon interviewer - you will receive a multitude of questions.   Answer Question
    Range is based on experience. Not too much room for negotiating as this is based on your work history/experience.

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Jackson, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Jackson, OH

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at FedEx Freight in February 2014.

Applied online. Got the call for an interview within a week.

Terminal Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at FedEx Freight in March 2010.

Phone interview HR, 3 personal interviews, asst. managers and terminal manager. Interviews are structured. Meaning the ask on predetermined questions based on company policy. After structured interview, you are free to ask questions. Job offer will be extended to final candidate, with in a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions
    • All are situational questions. The must be answered from own real life   View Answer
    No negotiating. Job offer- salary that comes from corp.

City Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FedEx Freight in January 2014.

You get asked the stupid corporate questions off a stupid corporate sheet of paper. "When was the last time you used common sense to complete a task?" I'm not kidding.

Interview Questions
    • They are are all tough because they are all so stupid. Maybe 10 of them or so.   Answer Question

Worked for FedEx Freight? Contribute to the Community!