FedEx Freight

23 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FedEx Freight in October 2013.

Interview Details – Very simple interview. Questions the supervisor asks are irrelevant to the position, but are required by the company to ask. Once hired, a drug screen is completed and you are notified within a week or two.

Interview Question – Tell me about a problem that got in the way of your work. What was the problem? How did you solve the problem? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Fleet Maintenance Manager Interview

Fleet Maintenance Manager
Conley, GA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at FedEx Freight.

Interview Details – I completed the application on-line after receiving a call from an associate, I had a phone interview with senior management on two occasions and then a interview with HR. it was after the HR interview I received and offer letter.

Interview Question – Interviewer always asking at the end of a question "what would you have done differently?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation

Dockworker-Part Time Interview

Dockworker-Part Time

Interviewed at FedEx Freight

Interview Details – Took over two weeks to hear back from them.
Interview was extensive; lots of questions about previous experience.
Took a tour of the dock, job duties were explained as well as what a typical day in this position is like.
Was asked to take a drug test immediately after the interview and return with the receipt.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for this company?   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Operations Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FedEx Freight in March 2013.

Interview Details – Went through 2 interviews. The Interviews are behavior based.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to manage a difficult employee.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they did not want to negotiate.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Operations Supervisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FedEx Freight.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews, basic knowledge testing, background check, drug testing, offer letter.

Interview Question – Dependent upon interviewer - you will receive a multitude of questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Range is based on experience. Not too much room for negotiating as this is based on your work history/experience.

Very Easy Interview

North Jackson, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at FedEx Freight in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got the call for an interview within a week.

Terminal Manager Interview

Terminal Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at FedEx Freight in March 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview HR, 3 personal interviews, asst. managers and terminal manager. Interviews are structured. Meaning the ask on predetermined questions based on company policy. After structured interview, you are free to ask questions. Job offer will be extended to final candidate, with in a couple of weeks.

Interview Question – All are situational questions. The must be answered from own real life   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. Job offer- salary that comes from corp.

City Driver Interview

City Driver
Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FedEx Freight in January 2014.

Interview Details – You get asked the stupid corporate questions off a stupid corporate sheet of paper. "When was the last time you used common sense to complete a task?" I'm not kidding.

Interview Question – They are are all tough because they are all so stupid. Maybe 10 of them or so.   Answer Question

Snow Shoe, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at FedEx Freight in September 2011.

Interview Details – Had to apply online and if they like what they see, then they give you a phone call for a phone interview. The online application was just like any other application. You had to fill out the question about your personality and stuff like that. If that went well, then you are scheduled a face to face interview with either the Service Center Manager (main boss) or the Operations Manager (second in command). At the face to face, i had to do a quick math test to see if i could figure out how many boxes on 1 skid, or if a 5ft tall skid would fit in a 4ft tall space. Very simple math problems. After that you usually wait a day or to to get a phone call from the interviewer asking when you can come and start.

Interview Question – If you dont know how to do something, and you are pressed for time to do it, what do you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The only thing i got to negotiate was when i started working their. The first week or two you watch training videos and do computer test so you get to decide when to start actually working for the company

Service Center Support Interview

Service Center Support
Dallas, TX

I applied online and interviewed at FedEx Freight.

Interview Details – I applied and within a week I got a call to come in for a face to face interview. They did a simple explanation of the position and duties and asked company questions related to your experience. I was told my information was going to be forward to the corporate office for further review and within a week I would hear back from them regarding the position. If chosen for the position they would send a job offer letter and I would have to go to get fingerprinted and drug tested and the background test would be performed.

Interview Question – The questions are all about your experience and how you dealt in work related situations like a difficult client or someone that's upset.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at FedEx Freight

Worked for FedEx Freight? Contribute to the Community!