FedEx Freight Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

2.4

Dock Worker Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FedEx Freight.

Interview

Got called by a recruiter and set up interview, The interview was pretty straight forward. I had to answer scenario type questions and the interviewer was very friendly and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• Gave me pictorial of pallets with boxes stacked and ask me to give the total of the count of boxes on the pallet.   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FedEx Freight (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

A phone pre interview and then an on site face to face inteview. 15 behavior questions, you must give out examples to illustrate what you did. Kind of tough questions. Be prepared. Felt a little difficult.

Interview Questions

• give me an example of a situation that you have conflict with your leader   Answer Question

Field Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Freight (Lowell, AR) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of previous experience and what qualified you for the job. I was asked situations and how I would respond and how I have responded to them in the past

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to resolve s conflict between workers.   Answer Question

Driver Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Freight (New Brunswick, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

Very simple open ended questions. Simple hypothetical situations. About 12 questions total. All similar. Fairly relaxed atmosphere. They are a bit repetative in their nature but if you can answer one you should be able them all. Will discuss benefits and details of the job after questiona.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you disagreed with a rule or management decision. What did you do and what was the result.   1 Answer

Dock Worker Interview

Interview

The first interview is pretty random when it comes to the job title. they ask you customer servic related questions but all you end up doing (if you get the job) is unload/load boxes. Real esy interview. They also give you this random math portion.

Dock Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FedEx Freight in October 2014.

Interview

Process took about 2-3 weeks after application was sent in. They call you to set up a interview and you have just that one interview. The interview is pretty straight forward, having forklift experience is a good plus but I've seen people with little experience get hired on as well. After the first interview, you'll get a email anywhere from 3-7 days letting you know if you got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview, no difficult question really. Just a small simple test to make sure you can count the amount of items on a pallet.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase, they have a set starting pay for part timers and full timers. The pay may be different in other locations though.

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Freight (South Bend, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

Very professional, personal was considerate and I was treated with respect. It was quite a lengthy process from the time I took my drug test until I was actually hired.

Road Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FedEx Freight.

Interview

Must be alive and breathing. Be as unsafe as you want to be, just don't have a bad driving record. Fill application online, receive a call, show up with a heartbeat, and you've passed the most difficult part of the process.

Interview Questions

• Can you pass a pre-employment drug screen?   1 Answer

Dockworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monmouth Junction, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Freight (Monmouth Junction, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied for this job online, 2 days later I get a call from HR to schedule an interview. the interview was just a standard interview; 1 day, simple questions, they ask you about your previous work experience, what situations did you face and how you fixed them, what are the reasons why you left that job, why did you apply for this job. and the most important question at the end, if I have 3 applicants but only 1 opening, why should I hire you? the whole interview took about 30 minutes. the guy told me he will call me in two weeks with an update. he did call me 2 weeks later and asked when I can schedule a drug test and background check. I went in and did all that and then the process to get the results took less than a week and then he called back to have me come in and start working. So the whole interview and hiring process took about a month to complete.

Interview Questions

• If I have 3 applicants but only 1 opening, why should I hire you out of the others?   1 Answer

Fleet Maintenance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conley, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FedEx Freight (Conley, GA).

Interview

I completed the application on-line after receiving a call from an associate, I had a phone interview with senior management on two occasions and then a interview with HR. it was after the HR interview I received and offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer always asking at the end of a question "what would you have done differently?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation