FedEx Freight

Updated Nov 1, 2014
Updated Nov 1, 2014

2.4

Dock Worker Interview

The first interview is pretty random when it comes to the job title. they ask you customer servic related questions but all you end up doing (if you get the job) is unload/load boxes. Real esy interview. They also give you this random math portion.

Road Driver Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at FedEx Freight.

Must be alive and breathing. Be as unsafe as you want to be, just don't have a bad driving record. Fill application online, receive a call, show up with a heartbeat, and you've passed the most difficult part of the process.

Interview Questions
    • Can you pass a pre-employment drug screen?   View Answer

Dockworker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monmouth Junction, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monmouth Junction, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FedEx Freight in July 2014.

I applied for this job online, 2 days later I get a call from HR to schedule an interview. the interview was just a standard interview; 1 day, simple questions, they ask you about your previous work experience, what situations did you face and how you fixed them, what are the reasons why you left that job, why did you apply for this job. and the most important question at the end, if I have 3 applicants but only 1 opening, why should I hire you? the whole interview took about 30 minutes. the guy told me he will call me in two weeks with an update. he did call me 2 weeks later and asked when I can schedule a drug test and background check. I went in and did all that and then the process to get the results took less than a week and then he called back to have me come in and start working. So the whole interview and hiring process took about a month to complete.

Interview Questions
    • If I have 3 applicants but only 1 opening, why should I hire you out of the others?   View Answer

Fleet Maintenance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conley, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conley, GA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at FedEx Freight.

I completed the application on-line after receiving a call from an associate, I had a phone interview with senior management on two occasions and then a interview with HR. it was after the HR interview I received and offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer always asking at the end of a question "what would you have done differently?"   View Answer
    There was no room for negotiation

Dockworker-Part Time Interview

Took over two weeks to hear back from them.
    Interview was extensive; lots of questions about previous experience.
    Took a tour of the dock, job duties were explained as well as what a typical day in this position is like.
    Was asked to take a drug test immediately after the interview and return with the receipt.

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FedEx Freight.

Multiple interviews, basic knowledge testing, background check, drug testing, offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • Dependent upon interviewer - you will receive a multitude of questions.   Answer Question
    Range is based on experience. Not too much room for negotiating as this is based on your work history/experience.

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Jackson, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Jackson, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FedEx Freight in February 2014.

Applied online. Got the call for an interview within a week.

Service Center Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at FedEx Freight.

I applied and within a week I got a call to come in for a face to face interview. They did a simple explanation of the position and duties and asked company questions related to your experience. I was told my information was going to be forward to the corporate office for further review and within a week I would hear back from them regarding the position. If chosen for the position they would send a job offer letter and I would have to go to get fingerprinted and drug tested and the background test would be performed.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are all about your experience and how you dealt in work related situations like a difficult client or someone that's upset.   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Freight.

Phone interview asked about 10 general questions followed by face to face consisting of behavioral questions totaling about 15 questions. Got a followup and an offer 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Hq puts a number based on experience. Take it or leave it.

City Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Freight in January 2014.

You get asked the stupid corporate questions off a stupid corporate sheet of paper. "When was the last time you used common sense to complete a task?" I'm not kidding.

Interview Questions
    • They are are all tough because they are all so stupid. Maybe 10 of them or so.   Answer Question