FedEx Ground Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Evansville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at FedEx Ground in July 2014.

Applied online. First you have to sign up online to go in for an "observation" which was basically 10 minutes of looking around and a brief overall explanation of what we would be doing. Then a few days later I got a call to go in for an interview. The interview was basically 3 questions....can you lift 50 pounds, how soon can you start and what shift can you work. Told me they would do a background check and then call me. About 5 days later they called and asked me to come in for an orientation. Started working right away.

Maintenance Tech II In Phoenix AZ Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FedEx Ground in September 2014.

This was my second interview in my Job hunt.
    I was interviewed by two managers and an HR rep. It seemed very mechanical and scripted. It was a phone interview and that took some of the humanity out of it also. There were common interview questions. Example...."Explain how your prior boss supported you decisions." There were definitely a set of questions that they read from a list.
    There was absolutely no indication that I would be considered or called for a second interview. They either have a of of applicants or they knew who was getting the job and my interview was just a legal formality.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had a confrontation at work and how you handled it. What were the results?   Answer Question

Truck Unloader Interview

I applied online - interviewed at FedEx Ground in September 2014.

There should be questions about my knowledge of the work facility.Can I perform the job at hand.I'm I able to lift the packages that come off the trucks. I would love to be apart of the FedEx family.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected questions,would be is what's the first day you can start.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at FedEx Ground in August 2014.

real easy interview, they needed people so i got hired on the spot. he asked me if i was available and that the process was going to take a criminal background check. it took 2 days to get that back if u don't have any criminal background.

Courier Interview

there is a very limited interviewing process. Most of the contractors hire from people they know. That's how I got the job. Its a very hands on approach to the job. Either you can do the job or you can't.

none

Fedex Ground Delivery Driver Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FedEx Ground.

Most FedEx ground drivers get hired through a friend or family member. Because you're working for contractors and not the company they tend to hire from referrals. There usually is no official interview or process. I just talked to the contractor, he asked me if I had driving experience with big box trucks 20 feet or longer, and asked how long have I been a driver before. They require a minimum of 1 year I think. And then talked a little about the person who referred me. After a few min of conversation he saw what type of personality I have and made a decision to hire me or not. Then I went to see a guy at the terminal so I can fill out the application and get a drug test. Then I waiting about a week to get approved by FedEx the company and for my background and drug test results to come in. Once the results came in I was able to actually start training to be a driver by shadowing another driver to learn the scanner and how to actually do the job.

Interview Questions
    • Can you prove or verify your driving experience history.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, you just accept what the contractor's going to pay you. Unless you have experience or years in the business then maybe you can negotiate, but highly unlikely.

Fed Ex Ground Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Corpus Christi, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at FedEx Ground in September 2012.

The hiring process was simple, I showed my resume and set up the appointment. The interview itself was average and not really challenging, standard questions such as what are your experiences and can you do the job.

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall a question that was out of nowhere like that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FedEx Ground in October 2010.

The process is simple. You go on watchasort.com to apply to sign up for a sort observation. After the sort observation you are put in a pool. candidates from the pool are interviewed on a first come first serve basis. The interview is about a 15 minute process in which a manager will ask you about you availability and physical ability.

Interview Questions
    • The most important question is the availbility question. You must be able to work all hours on the days that the job require. Limited availability will be an issue in getting the job.   Answer Question

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at FedEx Ground.

my hiring process was quick and easy. Just filled out some paperwork and signed some forms. Some paperwork and some stuff on the computer. Got a phone call a week later telling me to come in. That's it.

Interview Questions
    • Every question they ask has nothing to do with the job   Answer Question

Fed Ex Ground Package Handler Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at FedEx Ground in June 2013.

Well, its starts off by them introducing themselves and the company. Then they check your job applications and review it with you. After that, they start asking your question about your willingness and your ability to do various tasks at the job. Anyone who goes to the interview should get the job unless you did a very poor job at the interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a question about taking on 2 responsibilities at the same time.   Answer Question
    It was simple and straight forward.

Worked for FedEx Ground? Contribute to the Community!