FedEx Ground Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.0

Human Resources Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FedEx Ground.

Applied online, they called and set up in-person interview. I went in for it, and it was behavioral, meaning "____ was the problem and I did _____ to fix it, and the result was _____."

Fedex Ground Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FedEx Ground in February 2015.

It was very easy. Pretty much, you have to sign up for a sort observation in order to even apply. It's a fifteen minute tour of the facility so you can see just how rough the actual job is. After that, they send you an email to apply online. I applied and got offered an interview the next day, for the day after that. I went in and answered six yes/no interview questions. It was very easy, so don't stress about it! If you're living and breathing, FedEx will hire you, no questions asked.

Interview Questions
    • Can you lift 50-75 pounds by yourself?   View Answer
    No negotiation. They start at 10$ an hour and will raise it up gradually after that.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Ground.

Apply online to a sort observation, they give you a tour around the plant and explain what they do. They will have you right down your name so they can email you the job application. Receive a phone call within two weeks to schedule for an interview. During they interview they simply go over all the job requirements simply whether you can lift heavy package and ask if you can handle the job.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, pay rate starts at 10.80 and a raise after one month to 11, pay increases every 3 months....

Industrial Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FedEx Ground.

One HR interview and one interview with the manager on phone. If you are good on phone they will call you for an on-site in pittsburgh. Just one round which is not technical. It is 10 behavioral/STAR questions. If you qualify them you are in. So just answer them confidently.

Interview Questions

Received a better offer from another company

Package Handler Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FedEx Ground.

FedEx Grounds requires all applicants for package handling to go through a sort tour, where you come in and as a group tour the facility to show you what the job is like. You see the belts, the workers in their environment, and meet the managers. At my facility, the applicants would meet one of the senior package handlers and answer questions from both the applications manager and the applicants themselves. Being one of those senior pack handlers, I could tell almost immediately which ones were capable of the job and which weren't, and my perspective was confirmed by which ones actually had their first days.

After the sort, applicants will fill out their name and application and be calling in for an interview at a later date. After that, they will be placed on a sort or put on a waiting list. From there, new employees are trained in the trucks as loaders and can progress to the slide, where they split packages to different doors, to the sort belt, where they sort packages to the appropriate dock door, or any of the other loading and unloading positions.

Interview Questions
    • Are you Capable of moving 400 boxes an hour, regardless of size and weight?   View Answer
    No negotiation. starting hourly rate, fluctuating hours

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Ground.

Complete a sort observation then apply on an office computer at the end of the tour. Once a background check has been complete, you may be called back for an interview. The interview was pretty informal.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were general run-of-the-mill for a part-time position. Nothing out of the normal.   Answer Question
    Pay and hours are set in stone - no negotiation.

Part-time Package Handler Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at FedEx Ground in January 2015.

When I first applied for a job at FedEx Ground as a Part-time package handler I had to watch a sorting and then scheduled an interview. The sorting observation was informative and I learned that the warehouse is not temperature controlled so one needs to dress weather appropriately. After the interview I had to wait on a background check. The whole process did not take long.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about work history. This is my first job so I has to treat the question as if I were being asked "what can you do for us?" I talked about classes I had taken at college and volunteer work that I had done.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middleboro, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middleboro, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FedEx Ground in January 2015.

Submit application and get called in for interview. Reads job description, your hired pretty much on the spot. It was very simple. Asks everything about job description and if you can do them. Also asks t=if the hours are any problem.

Operations Manager Interview

Applied got a call almost a month later for a interview, I went to my interview over 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything yet.. Maybe it was because i had a cold and my voice was a little horse.I was interviewed by two people who were very nice. Praying that I get the job.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a serious situation that you had to handle on your own and what was the outcome of your decision.?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FedEx Ground in December 2014.

After the initial "why do you deserve this job?" question, they ask 10 BAR (background, action, result) questions. They rate you on how specific your answers are to the questions and if you actually use all 3 sections of the BAR criteria in your answer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you and your supervisor didn't agree about something.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you used numbers to prove your point.   Answer Question
    • What was your most difficult presentation?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about someone who you know at work that you don't work directly with.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you worked on a project with people of different backgrounds.   Answer Question