FedEx Ground

Average Difficulty
119 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Part Time Package Handler

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at FedEx Ground.

Interview Details – my hiring process was quick and easy. Just filled out some paperwork and signed some forms. Some paperwork and some stuff on the computer. Got a phone call a week later telling me to come in. That's it.

Interview Question – Every question they ask has nothing to do with the job   Answer Question

Fed Ex Ground Package Handler Interview

Fed Ex Ground Package Handler

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at FedEx Ground in June 2013.

Interview Details – Well, its starts off by them introducing themselves and the company. Then they check your job applications and review it with you. After that, they start asking your question about your willingness and your ability to do various tasks at the job. Anyone who goes to the interview should get the job unless you did a very poor job at the interview.

Interview Question – They asked a question about taking on 2 responsibilities at the same time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was simple and straight forward.

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at FedEx Ground in November 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring manager and HR will always screen applications and interview first. Interviews are almost always done over the phone. Interview will last about 30 minutes and be about 10 questions long. Interviews are almost always with the hiring manager and a member of HR. Sometimes they will take turns asking questions, sometimes it will be all one person. Both will be taking notes.

Interview Question – First question is always and open-ended question about why FedEx will benefit with you in the position and what you bring to the table. The rest of the questions are specific situational questions and you'll be expected to tell the interviewer about a time when you dealt with the specific topic and how you did it. Expect a lot of leadership style and conflict resolution questions, and maybe something about business acumen and/or information processing.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They will make you an offer and detail exactly what the benefits are. The salary and benefits come from a salary review from the corporate office and the person making the offer can not offer you anything else - so there's no negotiating. If you decline, they move onto the next candidate. They will typically allow you to take a day or two to decide if you request it. They usually want you to start as soon as possible, but the start date is flexible and determined by the applicant and the hiring manager. The offer is contingent upon a drug screen and a background check.

Wheeling, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at FedEx Ground.

Interview Details – Walked in to personnel office and asked if they were hiring. Told them I was a dependable worker. Was asked to enter my personal data onto company computer and was told to come in for training 4:00 A.M. the following day. The training and hiring process was the easiest one that I have ever had. Any errors were quickly noted and I was told how to do my job in a safe manner.

Delivery Driver Interview

Delivery Driver

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at FedEx Ground.

Interview Details – You must have experience driving a big truck within the past 3 years. For example, a truck the size of the largest U-Haul truck. Be prepared to show proof that you have driven a truck that size. You must have Class C (non CDL). Will be required to take a behind the wheel test.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Package Handler Interview

Package Handler
Saint Paul, MN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at FedEx Ground in June 2014.

Interview Details – You start by registering for a short tour of the facility called a sort observation. Then you apply, within a day or two, you'll be called for an "interview". I put that in quotation marks because it's a joke and it's pointless. The only thing they do is tell you the pay and the physical demands of the job and ask if you're still interested. Mine lasted about three minutes. After that, they do your background check which should take no more than two days then you start. It is the quickest and easiest hiring process I have ever seen but they're not going to be very selective. They just need bodies. If you can walk and chew gum at the same time, the job is yours.

Package Handler Interview

Package Handler

Interviewed at FedEx Ground

Interview Details – The bring you in for a sort observation, then schedule an interview which consists of only a few simple questions because they hire basically everyone, then you do some simple training

Interview Question – Have you ever had to balance your time between more than one thing; give an example   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation

Interviewed at FedEx Ground

Interview Details – Interview process was very simple. When I was interviewed, the questions often entailed yes or no answers. And when I tried to explain further about my questions, it seem like management could care less. But overall they just ask you if you can pick up 50 lbs. Previous work history. Previous jobs/hobbies that will help you succeed in the package handler position. And lastly they ask you a time you had to multitask.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you had to multitask?   View Answer

Fed Ex Ground Package Handler Interview

Fed Ex Ground Package Handler
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FedEx Ground in January 2013.

Interview Details – The most simple interview I have done. Meet and greet with ramp managers. They gave a good run down of the daily operation and explained exactly what I was doing. Very friendly and really easy hiring process overall.

Eau Claire, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FedEx Ground in March 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process begins with scheduling a sort observation over email. After completing the sort observation, I was asked to return the next morning to complete an application, and was called three days after the application for an interview. Interview was extremely short and simple, most questions simply evaluated work ethic. They completed a background check, and one week later they called and offered me a position which I accepted.

Interview Question – Are you able to lift 70+ pounds with no assistance?   Answer Question

Worked for FedEx Ground? Contribute to the Community!