FedEx Ground

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

2.1

Operations Manager Interview

Applied got a call almost a month later for a interview, I went to my interview over 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything yet.. Maybe it was because i had a cold and my voice was a little horse.I was interviewed by two people who were very nice. Praying that I get the job.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a serious situation that you had to handle on your own and what was the outcome of your decision.?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Canton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Canton, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FedEx Ground in November 2014.

Saw online that they were hiring part-time package handlers. You have to go to a sort observation before you can apply. The sort observation online takes about 20 minutes and they just show everyone around and you observe the job being done. Then you leave and they email you an application. Fill it out and they will review it and ask you to come in for an interview. Interview is very easy. Mostly yes/no questions. Then he told me I had a job pending a background check. Had to fill out the background check form that they emailed to me and sent it back in.

Interview Questions
    • Will you have any trouble making it to work on time every day?   Answer Question

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Ground.

Process took about 1 and a half weeks. Went to sort observation,then got a call for an interview and then was called about what shift i wanted to work and time for orientation(which i got paid for).

P/T Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Ground in October 2014.

You go online to watch a video then you pick a time to go to the site so they can tell you about the place and show you around. They call you back for a interview which is very short on like 5 questions was asked but its mostly about availability. You have to wait about two weeks for your background to come back then you begin .

Interview Questions
    They told me what i would get paid and asked could I be on time and do the work everything was a yes so we moved forward

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at FedEx Ground in October 2014.

The hiring process involves attending a package sorting, waiting in lines like animals, seeing people in grunt positions and then being told to finish the application. Then you receive a three question phone interview and are offered the job.

Courier Interview

there is a very limited interviewing process. Most of the contractors hire from people they know. That's how I got the job. Its a very hands on approach to the job. Either you can do the job or you can't.

none

Truck Unloader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at FedEx Ground in September 2014.

There should be questions about my knowledge of the work facility.Can I perform the job at hand.I'm I able to lift the packages that come off the trucks. I would love to be apart of the FedEx family.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected questions,would be is what's the first day you can start.   View Answer

Maintenance Tech II In Phoenix AZ Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Ground in September 2014.

This was my second interview in my Job hunt.
    I was interviewed by two managers and an HR rep. It seemed very mechanical and scripted. It was a phone interview and that took some of the humanity out of it also. There were common interview questions. Example...."Explain how your prior boss supported you decisions." There were definitely a set of questions that they read from a list.
    There was absolutely no indication that I would be considered or called for a second interview. They either have a of of applicants or they knew who was getting the job and my interview was just a legal formality.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had a confrontation at work and how you handled it. What were the results?   Answer Question

Fedex Ground Delivery Driver Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Ground.

Most FedEx ground drivers get hired through a friend or family member. Because you're working for contractors and not the company they tend to hire from referrals. There usually is no official interview or process. I just talked to the contractor, he asked me if I had driving experience with big box trucks 20 feet or longer, and asked how long have I been a driver before. They require a minimum of 1 year I think. And then talked a little about the person who referred me. After a few min of conversation he saw what type of personality I have and made a decision to hire me or not. Then I went to see a guy at the terminal so I can fill out the application and get a drug test. Then I waiting about a week to get approved by FedEx the company and for my background and drug test results to come in. Once the results came in I was able to actually start training to be a driver by shadowing another driver to learn the scanner and how to actually do the job.

Interview Questions
    • Can you prove or verify your driving experience history.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, you just accept what the contractor's going to pay you. Unless you have experience or years in the business then maybe you can negotiate, but highly unlikely.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at FedEx Ground in August 2014.

real easy interview, they needed people so i got hired on the spot. he asked me if i was available and that the process was going to take a criminal background check. it took 2 days to get that back if u don't have any criminal background.