FedEx Ground Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.0

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FedEx Ground (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

After the initial "why do you deserve this job?" question, they ask 10 BAR (background, action, result) questions. They rate you on how specific your answers are to the questions and if you actually use all 3 sections of the BAR criteria in your answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you and your supervisor didn't agree about something.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you used numbers to prove your point.   Answer Question
    • What was your most difficult presentation?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about someone who you know at work that you don't work directly with.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you worked on a project with people of different backgrounds.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FedEx Ground (North Canton, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

Saw online that they were hiring part-time package handlers. You have to go to a sort observation before you can apply. The sort observation online takes about 20 minutes and they just show everyone around and you observe the job being done. Then you leave and they email you an application. Fill it out and they will review it and ask you to come in for an interview. Interview is very easy. Mostly yes/no questions. Then he told me I had a job pending a background check. Had to fill out the background check form that they emailed to me and sent it back in.

Interview Questions

• Will you have any trouble making it to work on time every day?   Answer Question

Fedex Ground Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Ground in November 2014.

Interview

You sit in a room they ask you a few standard questions they are easy. Interview takes less then ten minutes you sign some papers and you move on to the next part of the on-boarding process with takes a week or so to process. After the two weeks you meet a trainer the whole procces is not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Can you load 400 packages an hour?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Ground (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

Very intimidating interview process. Applied online then received an email a week or so later requesting a phone interview. The phone interview was technical and covered basic accounting/financial terms and scenarios. I was then asked to come to the office for a 2 hour interview. This first included a 6 person panel interview of my potential superiors, followed by a 2 person interview by potential peers, and then a 2 person interview by potential managers. The in-person interviews were not technical at all, completely behavioral based. They definitely have an HR department that requires questions to be answered using the STAR method (situation, task, action, result), because I was sometimes asked to rephrase answers to better fit this model. Process was very tense and I was very unsure of their opinions of me after leaving the interview. I received a call a week or so later with an offer.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Ground.

Interview

Process took about 1 and a half weeks. Went to sort observation,then got a call for an interview and then was called about what shift i wanted to work and time for orientation(which i got paid for).

P/T Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Ground in October 2014.

Interview

You go online to watch a video then you pick a time to go to the site so they can tell you about the place and show you around. They call you back for a interview which is very short on like 5 questions was asked but its mostly about availability. You have to wait about two weeks for your background to come back then you begin .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They told me what i would get paid and asked could I be on time and do the work everything was a yes so we moved forward

Anonymous Employee in Bedford Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at FedEx Ground (Bedford Park, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

The hiring process involves attending a package sorting, waiting in lines like animals, seeing people in grunt positions and then being told to finish the application. Then you receive a three question phone interview and are offered the job.

Fedex Ground Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Ground.

Interview

Most FedEx ground drivers get hired through a friend or family member. Because you're working for contractors and not the company they tend to hire from referrals. There usually is no official interview or process. I just talked to the contractor, he asked me if I had driving experience with big box trucks 20 feet or longer, and asked how long have I been a driver before. They require a minimum of 1 year I think. And then talked a little about the person who referred me. After a few min of conversation he saw what type of personality I have and made a decision to hire me or not. Then I went to see a guy at the terminal so I can fill out the application and get a drug test. Then I waiting about a week to get approved by FedEx the company and for my background and drug test results to come in. Once the results came in I was able to actually start training to be a driver by shadowing another driver to learn the scanner and how to actually do the job.

Interview Questions

• Can you prove or verify your driving experience history.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, you just accept what the contractor's going to pay you. Unless you have experience or years in the business then maybe you can negotiate, but highly unlikely.

Courier Interview

Interview

there is a very limited interviewing process. Most of the contractors hire from people they know. That's how I got the job. Its a very hands on approach to the job. Either you can do the job or you can't.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Truck Unloader Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at FedEx Ground in September 2014.

Interview

There should be questions about my knowledge of the work facility.Can I perform the job at hand.I'm I able to lift the packages that come off the trucks. I would love to be apart of the FedEx family.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected questions,would be is what's the first day you can start.   1 Answer