FedEx Ground Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.0

Fedex Ground Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Ground (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview itself was very easy and straightforward and consisted of basic questions like had I driven a large van before, any similar work experience, etc. After that, they did the background check which was awful. They kept calling the wrong people and even called my wife insisting she was one of my former bosses. I don't believe the background check needs to be as intensive as it is. I'm applying for FedEx, not the FBI.

Interview Questions

• There were no particularly difficult questions. The background check was the difficult part.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Ground (Burbank, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

It was pretty cut and dry, very straight forward and brief. The entire phone interview lasted about 2-3 minutes. I first went to an observation. After the observation we received an emailed link for the actual application. Then I waited for this phone interview. After the phone call he informed me that I would get an email saying I had to fill out a background check form. If I passed I would move on to orientation, which is paid.

Interview Questions

• They asked things like: -Do you have any work experience. -Are you capable of carrying 400 boxes per hour. -Are you available to work any shift (Because I had stated that I was in the application) -Are you flexible with shifts. There might have been another one.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't really much to negotiate. I never asked many questions which was probably my mistake.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Ground in June 2015.

Interview

Received an email from an administrative assistant out of the blue to choose a time for an in-person interview. Responded quickly but didn't get a confirmation of the time for over two weeks. Bit concerned that the actual position being interviewed for wasn't disclosed until I specifically asked. So, very informal scheduling process. From the list of people of the distribution list, I correctly assumed it was a panel interview, even though nothing indicated that in any communication, so I was prepared for it. The actual interview itself was professionally done and the interviewers were quite respectful. They specifically followed the company's interview questions and procedures and they were upfront that they were going to do that. The questions themselves were pretty much standard interview fare. Nothing very surprising. At the end of the interview (about 60 minutes), I was informed they would make a decision in approximately 4 weeks. Though I didn't get an offer, they at least notified me 2 weeks later. Rating the process as middle of the road. Wasn't impressed with the initial contact and scheduling, but the actual interview was well handled.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a Change Management event you handled?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethpage, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at FedEx Ground (Bethpage, NY).

Interview

Went on a walk-through of the operation to view the different stations you could possibly be working at during a shift. After this walk through I met 1 on 1 with the Supervisor to discuss this job and answer any follow-up questions. When finish I was told to wait for a call it could be a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift or move packages of some substantial weight?   Answer Question

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Ground in May 2015.

Interview

Signed up for sort observation where you watch how they process/handle boxes. After that they will email you application. Once you email it back, you get call for in-person interview which lasts about 15-20 minutes. Easy interview. After that, they will email you background check to fill out. Once check clears they called for orientation schedule. Whole process took about 2-3 weeks .

Interview Questions

• Can you handle physical demands of this job ie loading boxes, warehouse temperatures? what shift are you available to work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FedEx Ground (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2015.

Interview

Sort observation is only a tour of the warehouse describing each area and position to basically see if there is anywhere you feel comfortable working, they're going to tell you the job isn't for everybody of course but its a good career building company, and your benefits dont kick in until after 6 months of being there even though they are not that great anyway, and your interview is no longer than 10 minutes cause u basically have the job when you say yes to them asking do you still want to work for their company so just sit tight and wait 7 days for your background check and you got the job.

Interview Questions

• They only ask about past employment and whether you still want the job or not, easy interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at FedEx Ground (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Informal and quick. The office has other interview rooms and was called after waiting in a room. The person was on the computer and marking down responses. Didn't need to dress formally, but it does help.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable in a fast paced environment?   1 Answer

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Ground.

Interview

First you sign up for a sort observation, after that they email you an application, wait to be called in for an interview. They will also email you a background check form. Once that clears they will call you in for orientation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at FedEx Ground (Sacramento, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Go in fill out form and wait talk to manager about job and what I'll be doing with the job and how to do the job where every thing is how the business run..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Ground (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I was asked a couple short questions. Basically all was asked was if i understand the job and my previous employment history. I simply explained how my previous job has given me great interpersonal and teamwork skills.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience lifting things?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiations. Pay starts at 9.50 and goes up every 3 months.