FedEx Ground Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.1

Service Manager Interview

Interview

Be prepared to take over 2 hours in testing about your honesty and integrity, etc. You will be drug tested. You will be interview by human resources rep, sort manager, and senior manager.

Interview Questions

• Our packages are delivered by independent contractors and their drivers. What recourse do you have if a contractor refuses to do as instructed by management?   1 Answer

Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at FedEx Ground (Irondale, AL).

Interview

Hiring process was pretty cool, but the training was poor. I watched how-to videos that were nowhere near as to what I expereienced on the first day...or any day for that matter!

Interview Questions

• I know you just worked two shifts, but can you work the next one too?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at FedEx Ground.

Interview

Very different from usual interview process. Very focused on the BAR format. Background Action Result.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about what business periodicals you've read recently.   Answer Question

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FedEx Ground (Shakopee, MN) in October 2013.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very quick! At first I had to do a sort observation(required) to see all the work being before applying. Then I came back a week later to apply for the position and two days later they called me for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Well for me since this was my first job I applied for there was a question about your previous job and how did you take a role as a leader (something similar). I wasn't quite how to answer that but it came to me that I used a example how I took responsibility in school by giving out task to classmates and such   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't do much negotiation, because it was fairly simple to manage with.

Sort Manager II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FedEx Ground (Dover, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview with 3/4 different Management employees and HR Rep

Negotiation

didn't negotiate

Seasonal Administrative Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at FedEx Ground (Long Island City, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

It was one interview, typical interview questions. They asked a lot of situation-based questions. Most interview questions were based on customer service and how do you interact on a team or add value to the company. I had the senior manager and recruiting manger interview me that day. They were nice so there was no need to feel nervous.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Operations Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Ground (Denver, CO) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied to the position from within the internal employee website. I was called for an interview a week later after they reviewed all the candidates. Had an interview set up within the week, but their hiring process took 3 week to get back to me about the job. All interviews were conducted over the phone to give each candidate an equal opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why FedEx would benefit from having you in this position.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at FedEx Ground in September 2013.

Interview

Employment firm presented resume for review and hiring manager requested time for interview. With proper qualifications interview was short, just a brief meeting with discussion of job specific requirements / description.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, take rate or forget it.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FedEx Ground.

Interview

First you need to go through a warehouse tour of the building so you get a sense of what you will be signing up for. During the tour it's important to remember key points they say so you can use them for your advantage during the interview part. After the tour is over they go through a PowerPoint slide with more information of the company job and policies, also another key points to remember. Then they ask you to submit an application on their computers to continue on to the next process, interviews.
    For interviews it's just as regular as every other ones, just answer questions the best and honest you can.

Interview Questions

• How would you benefit this company?   1 Answer

Operations Administrator II Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at FedEx Ground (Queens Village, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Their interview process for anything other than package handler is background, action result. You usually interview with hr and a senior manager. They really look for people that excell in customer service and are looking to grow with the company

Interview Questions

• Give a senario where you provided great customer service   Answer Question