FedEx Ground

Average Difficulty
117 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Part Time Package Handler

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FedEx Ground in November 2011.

Interview Details – In order to apply you first must schedule a sort walk thru which basically you walk through the middle of the working day (usually morning shift 4:00 A.M, but time may vary). Then they tell you to come back and apply. Interview is straightforward, asking if you will be able to lift, walk, bend, etc. Upon getting hired you must watch a few videos about the job and review the employee handbook. They run a background check and do not drug test, unless you get hurt.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult about the interview questions, all standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing is negotiable.

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at FedEx Ground in April 2009.

Interview Details – Expect a disorganized hiring process. You will typically be phone-screened, followed by an in-person interview and usually a tour of the facility. Depending on the level you are interviewing for, there may be more than one interview. If you are given an offer, there is no negotiation. The questions didn't go into specifics about my work history at all. It was all about "tell me about a time", and we barely touched on my previous work history, skills, etc.

Interview Question – All of the questions were behavioral based that I recall. I can't remember a specific question, but none of them were too hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Absolutely no negotiation, and they would not consider my previous compensation.

Contract Project Engineer Interview

Contract Project Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at FedEx Ground.

Interview Details – They needed a contracter quickly. I was working with a recruiter and I believe my resume pretty much just spoke for itself.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to travel over weekends?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I gave my recruiter my minimum and received that.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Administrative Assistant II
Shawnee, KS

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FedEx Ground in May 2013.

Interview Details – Normally you have to start off as a package handler in order to get a job with FedEx. I started off as a seasonal worker and was able to work my way to full time. The interview is more difficult than most. They ask behavioral interview questions and they ask that you answer them in the B.A.R. format. Behavior – Action - Results

Interview Question – Give an example for having to deal with multiple projects and people at once.   View Answer

North Salt Lake, UT

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at FedEx Ground in March 2013.

Interview Details – You must first attend a sort observation at the facility, which took about 30 minutes. You can apply up to 30 days after. You must apply using their system in the HR trailer. The application was easy. Within a couple days, I received a call for an interview. The interview was short, one on one with an HR person, and I was told I received the job within a couple more days. Time to notify you of an offer will depend on how long it takes for them to complete a background check.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to complete more than one task at once.   Answer Question

Fed Ex Ground Package Handler Interview

Fed Ex Ground Package Handler
Carol Stream, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at FedEx Ground in August 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was professional, that was just about the only part.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty easy.   Answer Question

Package Handler Interview

Package Handler
Grove City, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at FedEx Ground in August 2012.

Interview Details – The application process starts off with a tour of the facility, showing you what they do. Next they take you back to HR to fill out the application. A few days later the called back for an interview. They asked three questions and told me I'd have the job as long as my background check came back ok.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions, the only asked me if I could lift the required weight, if I had any job experience that was comparable, and when I could start.   Answer Question

Package Handler Interview

Package Handler
Bedford Park, IL

I applied in-person and interviewed at FedEx Ground.

Interview Details – Go in for tour of facility and they you if you would be ok working there. After that you get called for the interview. Everyone is basically hired because a lot of people quit.

Interview Question – Nothing just normal questions like work experience and availability.   Answer Question

Fed Ex Ground Package Handler Interview

Fed Ex Ground Package Handler

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FedEx Ground.

Interview Details – Fedex was a great job for a person just entering the work force.

Interview Question – What is the begginig wage?   Answer Question

Lebanon, NH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at FedEx Ground in October 2009.

Interview Details – They mainly did a background, criminal, and job verification check

Interview Question – Why would you fit within the company   View Answer