FedEx Ground

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.1

Fed Ex Ground Package Handler Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Ground.

Fedex was a great job for a person just entering the work force.

Linehaul Service Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FedEx Ground.

The interviews are set up with situation questions. They'll ask a question like "have you ever been in a situation where..." or "if you were in this situation how would you handle it?" The key is to take a moment to think about your answer. Ask them to repeat the question to buy more time. Just make sure your answer fits the situation, shows how you responded, and how it resulted, or what you learned from the results.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell us about a time when you used knowledge you gained from a business or financial publication to help defuse a situation." I don't actively read any publications like that so i stretched the truth a bit.   Answer Question
    They simply called and told me what my starting salary would be.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Salt Lake, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Salt Lake, UT

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at FedEx Ground in March 2013.

You must first attend a sort observation at the facility, which took about 30 minutes. You can apply up to 30 days after. You must apply using their system in the HR trailer. The application was easy. Within a couple days, I received a call for an interview. The interview was short, one on one with an HR person, and I was told I received the job within a couple more days. Time to notify you of an offer will depend on how long it takes for them to complete a background check.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to complete more than one task at once.   Answer Question

Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at FedEx Ground in February 2013.

job review
    Personal interview

easy

Package Handler- Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at FedEx Ground in January 2013.

The people, office, and the work culture are all very friendly and relaxed.

You start with a sort orientation - facility tour. Sign-up for an interview slot. Answer questions at a computer making an online resume. Interview one-on-one. Take drug test. Wait for results of test and background check.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected - What makes you think you can do this job?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Ground in January 2013.

The most simple interview I have done. Meet and greet with ramp managers. They gave a good run down of the daily operation and explained exactly what I was doing. Very friendly and really easy hiring process overall.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at FedEx Ground in November 2012.

Required to attend sort observation before application can be submitted

Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troutdale, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troutdale, OR

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at FedEx Ground in November 2012.

Hiring begins with a mandatory facility tour, leading to the interview process with HR. After a short interview, a two day orientation period introduces the future employee to workplace safety and regulations. Employee is working after the facility tour, interview, and orientation.

Interview Questions
    • "In your previous work experience, you were not compensated enough for the work performed, please explain."   View Answer
    I was offered a part-time position as a package handler, and took the position.

Customer Pickup Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at FedEx Ground in September 2012.

Got called for a face-to-face interview, sat down with 2 people: senior manager, and supply chain supervisor. went through 7 behavior questions (given a scenario, what would you do....... ie. customer service, handle pressure, conflict resolution, supervisory exp, etc).

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about handling conflict between two employees?   Answer Question

Class A Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at FedEx Ground in September 2012.

Simple background check & Drug test
    FedEx is looking for stability in your employment, don't show any unemployment times. The contractor will take you out on a drive test to make sure he feels comfortable with your driving ability and you know how to hook up a set of doubles.

Interview Questions
    • FedEx is simply looking for people who follow rules, who do what they are told without ever questioning authority or having suggestions as how to do the job better. If you are a thinker this is not a good match, if your a lemming or think like a lemming you will fit into their work place well.   Answer Question