FedEx Ground

Average Difficulty
41 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Wheeling, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at FedEx Ground.

Interview Details – Walked in to personnel office and asked if they were hiring. Told them I was a dependable worker. Was asked to enter my personal data onto company computer and was told to come in for training 4:00 A.M. the following day. The training and hiring process was the easiest one that I have ever had. Any errors were quickly noted and I was told how to do my job in a safe manner.

Interviewed at FedEx Ground

Interview Details – Interview process was very simple. When I was interviewed, the questions often entailed yes or no answers. And when I tried to explain further about my questions, it seem like management could care less. But overall they just ask you if you can pick up 50 lbs. Previous work history. Previous jobs/hobbies that will help you succeed in the package handler position. And lastly they ask you a time you had to multitask.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you had to multitask?   View Answer

Eau Claire, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FedEx Ground in March 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process begins with scheduling a sort observation over email. After completing the sort observation, I was asked to return the next morning to complete an application, and was called three days after the application for an interview. Interview was extremely short and simple, most questions simply evaluated work ethic. They completed a background check, and one week later they called and offered me a position which I accepted.

Interview Question – Are you able to lift 70+ pounds with no assistance?   Answer Question

Package Handler- Part Time Interview

Package Handler- Part Time
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at FedEx Ground in January 2013.

Interview Details – The people, office, and the work culture are all very friendly and relaxed.

You start with a sort orientation - facility tour. Sign-up for an interview slot. Answer questions at a computer making an online resume. Interview one-on-one. Take drug test. Wait for results of test and background check.

Interview Question – Unexpected - What makes you think you can do this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Industry, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FedEx Ground in September 2010.

Interview Details – Applied through a "job fair" on my campus, was called for an over the phone interview within a week. Called again a short time after for an in person interview, then was called 2 weeks after initial application to start.

Interview Question – None really, Ability to lift up to 150lbs consecutively for 5 hours.   Answer Question

Hutchins, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FedEx Ground in May 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was very simple, just a couple questions about if you have experience and if you would ok with working in the non regulated warehouse

Part Time Package Handler

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at FedEx Ground.

Interview Details – The hiring process is not hard at all. You simply go online and apply in the city you are living. You get a first interview with the sort manager and if they like you, you will most likely get the job. The questions are not hard, it is simply hard work and if you can do that, you will be a good package handler

Interview Question – How would you handle a situation where you and co-worker disagreed about something on the sort?   View Answer

Murfreesboro, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FedEx Ground.

Interview Details – Go in and have the job explained to you, after the job is explained to you they call you at a later date to tell you that you received the job. Anyone can work at this place and there is not really an interview for this job.

Interview Question – There were not really any questions, just wanted to know availability.   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FedEx Ground in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online here in Phoenix Arizona or more so their was an opening to come in for the "Sort Observation" you have to do this before you can even interview, its very quick, 20-40 minutes, then they will send you an e-mail to fill out the Application for FedEx Ground...I got called back about a week later for an interview, I went back to the same location for the interview 7th Ave Pinnacle Peak Rd. it was the quickest interview i ever had about 5 minutes...mostly listening to the interviewer talk....I got a call for orientation a few days later, Orientation was about 2 hrs very easy, No Drug Test for this position unless you come to work drunk or high and some one notices you, u may be drug tested

Interview Question – Their was no difficult questions they only asked 1 question about my previous work experience at Amazon Fulfillment center   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy as 1 2 3

Part Time Package Handler

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at FedEx Ground.

Interview Details – The first interview and orientation give you a good idea of what to expect, and due to the high turnover there are generally regular openings which they fill in groups.

Interview Question – None, the interview was a short conversation without any specific job questions (beyond very simple physical ability questions)   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at FedEx Ground

Worked for FedEx Ground? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FedEx Ground Part Time Package Handler interview questions and advice. All 41 interview reviews posted anonymously by FedEx Ground employees and interview candidates.