FedEx

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive - Inside Sales Interview

Account Executive - Inside Sales

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FedEx.

Interview Details – Multi-step process. First do online application, best if you know someone who you can say referred you. Next. quick phone conversation about the position. Then you have a more in depth phone interview usually with two people. If you move to the next step you must complete an online test consisting of math questions, personality questions and word problems. If your results are good you get an in person interview. Usually with two managers, you are given a fake sales territory via an excel sheet of data and asked to present how you would work the territory and what you would focus on. You need to be familiar(but not an expert) with excel and able to make a power point presentation. Then if it's a good fit, phone call, offer letter, background check, drug test and then training to prepare you for position. It's a long process, but really nothing too difficult. They just like to be thorough and make sure they are getting the best candidates.

Interview Question – Where do I see myself in five years?   Answer Question

Inside Sales, Account Executive Interview

Inside Sales, Account Executive
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FedEx in November 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring process is very long, intense and bit tedious. You are required to fill out forms online several time, lengthy assessments, 2 phone interviews. The preparation for the panel interview and sales plan presentation was bit nerve wrecking. But all the interviewing managers were very nice and not intimidating. I really enjoyed the panel interview experience.
Tips: Be confident and bold. Re the sales plan presentation, do the research and make sure you cover the main points, and a strategy to increase revenue, with out any irrelevant information.

Interview Question – All the behavioral questions asked were new to me, not something I prepared for but I did not find any of the questions difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was very reasonable.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at FedEx in November 2008.

Interview Details – Long interview process. First was one on one at a job fair. Second was a cattle call where there was 50+ candidates that were interviewed one at a time, then panel interview, then another panel interview, then a ride along and then an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – One sided

Very Difficult Interview

Dallas, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FedEx in December 2011.

Interview Details – This interview process is BRUTAL! First of all this is an entry level position and FedEx acts like you are interviewing for NASA. The first step is a webinar that describes the position and everything that fedex expects from their employees. This process lasts about an hour. After that, they will email you a "Prove it " test- basically if you arent fresh out of College, get ready for 3 hours of critical thinking. Then "if" they call you, they will set you up with a one on one interview with a manager. If you get passed that they will invite you to the third interview where you will have to do a 10 minute power point presentation on a fictitious territory that you plan to grow. After that its a panel style interview process with 5 people throwing numerous questions at you. Very very hard. I have a Masters Degree and 5 years sales experience. I nailed the interview, but no offer was extended. Perplexed by this.

Memphis, TN

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at FedEx in June 2010.

Interview Details – apply online and then you are invited to a presentation about the job. Then you are given a phone interview with 2 managers and if approved you then have an in-person interview with a panel of 3-5 managers

Interview Questions

• list the steps you would take in detail when landing a new account   Answer Question
  • what do you least look forward to about working for fedex inside sales   Answer Question

El Segundo, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FedEx in November 2009.

Interview Details – Very detailed orientation meeting that described the company, benefits, job description, etc. Following the orientation split up and had 1:1 Interview. Following their approval I was then given a IQ/Intelligence test to measure sales skills mainly. Invited back to have a behavioral interview with 2 Hiring Managers. Behavioral Interview was customary and nothing out of the ordinary, the interviews spent most of the time writing what I said on paper. Offer followed a week or so later

Interview Question – Tell me an experience where you had very little time to react and had to make a decision quickly?   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at FedEx in October 2009.

Interview Details – It was a "Webinar" group interview sort of thing. It was mostly informational. The next phase was to take an assessment to move on to a 1:1 interview. This was my biggest gripe about the whole process. The recruiters and sales people kept preaching that everyone has their own value and that everyone is equal in their eyes. But yet they use a ACT type questions and computer estimates to tell them who should get an interview. I thought it was a little bit hypocritical.

Other than that, it was an interesting process and FedEx seems like an awesome place to work.

Interview Question – What are your expectations for advancement?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Executive

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at FedEx.

Interview Details – Quite a long process taking approximately 3 months. In fact, often, just as I thought I had been eliminated from the process I would receive another call to move me to the next step.

Interview Question – If you were an animal what kind of animal would you be?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Ask hiring manager to confirm commission and bonus structure in detail. In my tenure both were manipulated annually always moving the carrot further out of reach.

Inside Sales Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FedEx in September 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online through company website. Called by someone in HR from Pittsburgh or Memphis, set-up a phone interview then an online personality test. If you pass that then someone local in HR emails with details for a cattle call session after which you are taken into 1-1 interviews. The results of that are unknown until you are called/emailed for the next panel interview which will consist of behavioral questions and a presentation based on a territory and how you would work it. After the panel interview, you are not sure how you did so you wait for an offer. I received a phone call from a Manager with the Offer. He was very upbeat. I thought the offer was a little lite but given the economy was happy to have it. Then you need to pass the drug screen for the offer to hold.
The office is cube city but team members are friendly and very willing to help each other as you are responsible for your territory. The culture allows employees to be helpful with each other. It also encourages a certain amount of time for volunteering but fund raising is constant for causes and for the Employee Activities Committee (EAC), i.e. Christmas Party, etc. Be selective. Office has free coffee, creamer and sugar/sweetener and a new large commercial refrigerator. One TV to keep up on the world in the lunch room. Lunch room is very generic with really no other amenities except a separate fridge to sell packaged foods for the EAC. Overall, good friendly place to work with hard working co-workers.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you went above a beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Sort of take it or leave it, when taking vacation but works against you anyway as while gone expect you to make goals. Depends on the position, offer and economy.

Inside Sales Account Executive

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FedEx in December 2011.

Interview Details – First your have a phone interview which they call a phone screening. Next is the 45 min webinar followed by a grueling 150 question online assessment. The assessment consist of 50 personality questions, 50 Iq questions and 50 sales related questions. Next is a 1 on 1 interview followed by a panel interview that consist of behavioral questions and a powerpoint sales presentation. I personally have 8 years of inside and outside sales experience, 3 collegiate degrees including a bachelors degree, and had 5 employee referrals. I was a small business owner and currently work for Fedex and still was not offered a position. So my advise to all who may apply, you better be a sales superstar because they are extremely selective.

Interview Question – When was a time that you had to go above and beyond the call of duty.   Answer Question

Worked for FedEx? Contribute to the Community!