FedEx Inside Sales Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at FedEx (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2009.

Interview

It was a "Webinar" group interview sort of thing. It was mostly informational. The next phase was to take an assessment to move on to a 1:1 interview. This was my biggest gripe about the whole process. The recruiters and sales people kept preaching that everyone has their own value and that everyone is equal in their eyes. But yet they use a ACT type questions and computer estimates to tell them who should get an interview. I thought it was a little bit hypocritical.

Other than that, it was an interesting process and FedEx seems like an awesome place to work.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FedEx

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FedEx (El Segundo, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

Very detailed orientation meeting that described the company, benefits, job description, etc. Following the orientation split up and had 1:1 Interview. Following their approval I was then given a IQ/Intelligence test to measure sales skills mainly. Invited back to have a behavioral interview with 2 Hiring Managers. Behavioral Interview was customary and nothing out of the ordinary, the interviews spent most of the time writing what I said on paper. Offer followed a week or so later

Interview Questions

• Tell me an experience where you had very little time to react and had to make a decision quickly?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at FedEx in March 2009.

Interview

Interview went well. Some of the questions that were asked was pertaining to my sales background and why would I be the best candidate. It was a great atsmosphere with a diverse culture. The majority of the employees that were speaking had longevity with the company.

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FedEx in December 2011.

Interview

The interview process was relatively painless. The skills test was a grueling 150 question test. It involved algebra and other math that I'd forgotten. It also involved questions that challenged the thought processes and included personality determination questions.

Creating a sales presentation based on the provided excel spreadsheet was quite the challenge. Especially when creativity was an essential ingredient.

Whatever the requirements, working for FedEx is worth the effort because of the work environment and the potential for advancement.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with an irate or difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at FedEx (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2008.

Interview

Long interview process. First was one on one at a job fair. Second was a cattle call where there was 50+ candidates that were interviewed one at a time, then panel interview, then another panel interview, then a ride along and then an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

One sided

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at FedEx.

Interview

Quite a long process taking approximately 3 months. In fact, often, just as I thought I had been eliminated from the process I would receive another call to move me to the next step.

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal what kind of animal would you be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask hiring manager to confirm commission and bonus structure in detail. In my tenure both were manipulated annually always moving the carrot further out of reach.

Account Executive - Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FedEx.

Interview

Multi-step process. First do online application, best if you know someone who you can say referred you. Next. quick phone conversation about the position. Then you have a more in depth phone interview usually with two people. If you move to the next step you must complete an online test consisting of math questions, personality questions and word problems. If your results are good you get an in person interview. Usually with two managers, you are given a fake sales territory via an excel sheet of data and asked to present how you would work the territory and what you would focus on. You need to be familiar(but not an expert) with excel and able to make a power point presentation. Then if it's a good fit, phone call, offer letter, background check, drug test and then training to prepare you for position. It's a long process, but really nothing too difficult. They just like to be thorough and make sure they are getting the best candidates.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FedEx (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2014.

Interview

Be prepared to create a power point presentation of you qualifications and why you should have the job. Other than that there are the usual situation questions. There will be two interviewers and they are very stony faced so not a lot of feedback to use to make a connection.

Interview Questions

• Unless you're prepared the 20 minutes you have to create a power point on your selling skills.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at FedEx.

Interview

I had a panel of two members and completed a ppt presentation beforehand. It took about 30 min. I was given questions to create the PowerPoint. Think before answering the questions

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FedEx (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Applied online and received a call for a phone interview 3 days later. Then went to the corporate office in Pittsburgh for an interview with 2 people. First given 30 minutes to prepare a presentation explaining why they should choose you and how you plan to succeed in this role. Then they read a series of questions from a booklet, all of which seemed to have the same answer. A lot of "tell us about a time when..." and they always wanted more and more details even when there weren't any. I found the whole process tedious and annoying and was counting the seconds until the interview would come to an end. After the interview it took 3 weeks before I heard anything back about the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult person? How did you handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question