FedEx Inside Sales Account Executive Interview Questions & Reviews

3.5

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at FedEx in October 2009.

It was a "Webinar" group interview sort of thing. It was mostly informational. The next phase was to take an assessment to move on to a 1:1 interview. This was my biggest gripe about the whole process. The recruiters and sales people kept preaching that everyone has their own value and that everyone is equal in their eyes. But yet they use a ACT type questions and computer estimates to tell them who should get an interview. I thought it was a little bit hypocritical.

Other than that, it was an interesting process and FedEx seems like an awesome place to work.

Other Interview Reviews for FedEx

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Segundo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FedEx in November 2009.

Very detailed orientation meeting that described the company, benefits, job description, etc. Following the orientation split up and had 1:1 Interview. Following their approval I was then given a IQ/Intelligence test to measure sales skills mainly. Invited back to have a behavioral interview with 2 Hiring Managers. Behavioral Interview was customary and nothing out of the ordinary, the interviews spent most of the time writing what I said on paper. Offer followed a week or so later

Interview Questions
    • Tell me an experience where you had very little time to react and had to make a decision quickly?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at FedEx in March 2009.

Interview went well. Some of the questions that were asked was pertaining to my sales background and why would I be the best candidate. It was a great atsmosphere with a diverse culture. The majority of the employees that were speaking had longevity with the company.

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FedEx in December 2011.

The interview process was relatively painless. The skills test was a grueling 150 question test. It involved algebra and other math that I'd forgotten. It also involved questions that challenged the thought processes and included personality determination questions.

Creating a sales presentation based on the provided excel spreadsheet was quite the challenge. Especially when creativity was an essential ingredient.

Whatever the requirements, working for FedEx is worth the effort because of the work environment and the potential for advancement.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with an irate or difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at FedEx in November 2008.

Long interview process. First was one on one at a job fair. Second was a cattle call where there was 50+ candidates that were interviewed one at a time, then panel interview, then another panel interview, then a ride along and then an offer.

One sided

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at FedEx.

Quite a long process taking approximately 3 months. In fact, often, just as I thought I had been eliminated from the process I would receive another call to move me to the next step.

Interview Questions
    • If you were an animal what kind of animal would you be?   View Answer
    Ask hiring manager to confirm commission and bonus structure in detail. In my tenure both were manipulated annually always moving the carrot further out of reach.

Account Executive - Inside Sales Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FedEx.

Multi-step process. First do online application, best if you know someone who you can say referred you. Next. quick phone conversation about the position. Then you have a more in depth phone interview usually with two people. If you move to the next step you must complete an online test consisting of math questions, personality questions and word problems. If your results are good you get an in person interview. Usually with two managers, you are given a fake sales territory via an excel sheet of data and asked to present how you would work the territory and what you would focus on. You need to be familiar(but not an expert) with excel and able to make a power point presentation. Then if it's a good fit, phone call, offer letter, background check, drug test and then training to prepare you for position. It's a long process, but really nothing too difficult. They just like to be thorough and make sure they are getting the best candidates.

Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FedEx.

Applied online and received a call for a phone interview 3 days later. Then went to the corporate office in Pittsburgh for an interview with 2 people. First given 30 minutes to prepare a presentation explaining why they should choose you and how you plan to succeed in this role. Then they read a series of questions from a booklet, all of which seemed to have the same answer. A lot of "tell us about a time when..." and they always wanted more and more details even when there weren't any. I found the whole process tedious and annoying and was counting the seconds until the interview would come to an end. After the interview it took 3 weeks before I heard anything back about the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult person? How did you handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FedEx in September 2011.

Applied online through company website. Called by someone in HR from Pittsburgh or Memphis, set-up a phone interview then an online personality test. If you pass that then someone local in HR emails with details for a cattle call session after which you are taken into 1-1 interviews. The results of that are unknown until you are called/emailed for the next panel interview which will consist of behavioral questions and a presentation based on a territory and how you would work it. After the panel interview, you are not sure how you did so you wait for an offer. I received a phone call from a Manager with the Offer. He was very upbeat. I thought the offer was a little lite but given the economy was happy to have it. Then you need to pass the drug screen for the offer to hold.
    The office is cube city but team members are friendly and very willing to help each other as you are responsible for your territory. The culture allows employees to be helpful with each other. It also encourages a certain amount of time for volunteering but fund raising is constant for causes and for the Employee Activities Committee (EAC), i.e. Christmas Party, etc. Be selective. Office has free coffee, creamer and sugar/sweetener and a new large commercial refrigerator. One TV to keep up on the world in the lunch room. Lunch room is very generic with really no other amenities except a separate fridge to sell packaged foods for the EAC. Overall, good friendly place to work with hard working co-workers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you went above a beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    Sort of take it or leave it, when taking vacation but works against you anyway as while gone expect you to make goals. Depends on the position, offer and economy.

Inside Sales, Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FedEx in November 2013.

Hiring process is very long, intense and bit tedious. You are required to fill out forms online several time, lengthy assessments, 2 phone interviews. The preparation for the panel interview and sales plan presentation was bit nerve wrecking. But all the interviewing managers were very nice and not intimidating. I really enjoyed the panel interview experience.
    Tips: Be confident and bold. Re the sales plan presentation, do the research and make sure you cover the main points, and a strategy to increase revenue, with out any irrelevant information.

Interview Questions
    • All the behavioral questions asked were new to me, not something I prepared for but I did not find any of the questions difficult to answer.   Answer Question
    The offer was very reasonable.

Worked for FedEx? Contribute to the Community!