FedEx

4.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FedEx in November 2013.

I applied on-line initially for the Field Sales Position. I was contacted by a recruiter out of Boston MA. I did a initial screening, Phone interview. I found out later that this company in Boston is contracted by Fed ex for Hiring purposes. Anyway I came to the interview an hour early to write up a power point presentation off a fictitious sales territory. It wasn't easy as the info given is not the best, I think they just use this to weed out individuals. I did the best I could. I came in the interview and immediately after introduction did my presentation. After that the interview was conducted we went into the traditional interview method using the S.T.A.R model which I hate but everyone uses it. I did well but I knew when they told me the territory that I wouldn't get the job, nor did I want it. I wanted to be in the Atlanta area. At any case everyone was extremely nice and hinted that Inside sales and other various positions would be options. A week or so later I received an email that I did not get that job. However I didn't give up. I sent the manager I interviewed with a thank you letter (by regular mail) inquiring about the inside sales position. I would say 2 weeks went by I didn't hear anything. I looked online for some other jobs there and I noticed that the inside sales position was open. I applied and contacted my recruiter who I initially spoke with. For this job I actually had to take a online assessment test which wasn't the easiest. More like a mini SAT. I was confused as to why so much for the inside but not the outside. Anyway I was called about 2 weeks later and indicated I had been selected for the interview. Now for the inside position you have to do another sales presentation on powerpoint however they send you a sales territory 3 days prior to your interview, so I had more time to really evaluate it and break it down. Which I did. I would say break it down to a science you get 10 mins however. Anyway I met with the sales managers and this time it was opposite I did the S.T.A.R model interview questions first then the presentation. I asked questions, and I asked how they thought I would do the job, and I closed the deal like a sales person would. I talked about how I would be a good fit for the job and why they should hire me even though they didn't ask. I actually interviewed on a Friday was told I wouldn't hear anything for 2 weeks. I sent a thank you letter Sunday night so he would get it on Monday. I got a call on Monday offering me the job. I accepted the offer and base salary. This was a long process. FedEx is a great and stable company however and worth my time. I have no plans on ever leaving. Thorough Background check so tell the truth.

Other Interview Reviews for FedEx

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Group presentation about FedEx and the position itself. This was followed by 2-3 face to face interviews. At this point you must take a personality exam and pass the drug/background checks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied online – interviewed at FedEx in January 2013.

Panel interview with 3 people. Presented the assigned sales plan with no questions asked during the presentation. Was asked only 1 question after. Then came the the actual interview. Behavioral-based questions. About 10 questions. The entire interview lasted about 45 minutes. They said they would email me with either an invitation to come back or rejection letter. After two weeks of no word, I emailed the initial recruiter with a follow-up request. The next day they sent me the rejection letter.