FedEx

Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Supervisor Interview

Operations Supervisor
Chester, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at FedEx in June 2014.

Interview Details – I received a call from the Center Manager about my resume that I left back in December, and he informed me that the position is open again. He said that he wanted me to go in a fill out the application that night. I did and he called me the next day to set up an interview. The interview is a panel interview with three people. They asked me standard questions i.e. how familiar are you with the traffic laws, and name a time where you've had to communicate with others type questions. These questions were behavioral based, and pretty standard a cross the board. I was asked 14 of those questions and did really good.

Interview Question – "Name a time where you've had to communicate and work with others to accomplish a task that you weren't originally assigned. What was the assignment and how did you accomplish this task?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation!!! They already decide what they want to pay you based on your experience.

Administrative Interview

Administrative
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at FedEx in March 2014.

Interview Details – The process took over 2 months because the department in which I was applying delayed the interview process. So, initially I received a call from a recruiter asking if I was interested and then the hiring manager scheduled a phone interview. The interview was with 2 managers and consisted of general questions as well as a set of behavioral/situational questions. Be prepared to discuss occasions where you stood out from the rest. After the phone interview, I was scheduled for an in person interview a week later. The interview again consisted of the 2 managers, and a new set of behavioral questions. I was confident and comfortable, so the interview was somewhat easy for me.

Interview Question – Naming a time when you dropped the ball and how you fixed it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was asked for my salary requirements prior to the in person interview. The offer was great and more than what I asked for.

Fed Ex Courier Interview

Fed Ex Courier

Interview Details – Was contacted by phone two days after submitting my application online. Scheduled an interview for the next week. Was interviewed by two people, which was a first for me, but not awkward as they both had clearly practiced this routine and had become comfortable in how they wanted to conduct the interview and their individual responsibilities.

Interview Question – None of the questions are difficult. But you should be prepared to answer questions regarding your abilities to deal with deadlines, stress, co-workers and any difficult situations that you've been presented with and your solutions to dealing with the problems.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Operation Manager Interview

Operation Manager
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at FedEx in January 2014.

Interview Details – Very formal. Not my expectations of the role of an Operations Manager. I accepted the position and was blind sided by the physical work you have to put in, not to mention the paper work that has to be done. There is no time for office time and or training on new and or current events.

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Senior Programmer Analyst
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at FedEx in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by 2 managers with a standard Q&A format provided by the HR department. In my interview, it surprising wasn't very technical. They asked some basic questions about programming, but nothing real deep. It was more focused on my analyst skills, willingness to learn, and teamwork.

Interview Question – Giving examples of successful and failed attempts throughout my career   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating. The offer was as-is which was fine since the offer was good.

Package Handler Part-time Interview

Package Handler Part-time
Lake Charles, LA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at FedEx in May 2014.

Interview Details – Signed up for sort tour online on Wed. Got a call to confirm on Thurs. Did tour on Fri. Received email after tour for application. Submitted app and received phone interview at 11:30am same day as my tour. Immediately after phone interview, received and submitted email for the background check. I have the job pending the background check results, which can take 3 or 4 days. Was told if my background check is satisfactory, they'll call me to arrange my orientation. They don't want employees going "postal" at the sort center, sending/receiving shipments of drugs, or employees who steal packages, so the background check is mostly looking for violent crimes, theft, and drug convictions.

Interview Question – The only actual question other than "do you understand the conditions, will you show up on time, and can you do the job?" was "Why did you leave your last job?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Had option of evening, midnight, or early morning shift. Pay is 10+/hr here. Hours are Mon-Fri 2 through 5 hours a day. They should have the background results by the middle of next week for me to officially be hired.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Industrial Engineer

Interviewed at FedEx

Interview Details – I got this information from my academic adviser, so I sent my resume and got a phone interview. It;s just a first round interview, so phone screen questions basically, behavior questions, nothing special
We went through the resume, she asked me something about my experience in my internship, just what a normal phone screen could be

Interview Question – What do you expect in this job   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Senior Programmer Analyst
Memphis, TN

I interviewed at FedEx in January 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was very efficient. There were individual and panel interviews. The interviewers were very friendly and put me at ease. Everyone was very professional.

Interview Question – The technical questions were expected and not difficult   View Answer

Courier Interview

Courier

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FedEx in November 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly easy Eventhough I was interviewed by two people at once.

Interview Question – None that weren't too difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Sales Analyst Intern Interview

Sales Analyst Intern
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at FedEx.

Interview Details – I applied online on their website and received an email for interview.
The first interview was with technical team leader and questions were related to my past experience and my current interest.

After that, a second interview took place with the technical team which asked some technical questions related to the job description.

After the successful clearance of both rounds, I received an email notifying my selection for the position.

Interview Question – What do you think was your greatest achievement in your entire professional as well as academic career?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations whatsoever.