FedEx

261 candidate interviews

Package Handler Part-time Interview

Package Handler Part-time
Lake Charles, LA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at FedEx in May 2014.

Interview Details – Signed up for sort tour online on Wed. Got a call to confirm on Thurs. Did tour on Fri. Received email after tour for application. Submitted app and received phone interview at 11:30am same day as my tour. Immediately after phone interview, received and submitted email for the background check. I have the job pending the background check results, which can take 3 or 4 days. Was told if my background check is satisfactory, they'll call me to arrange my orientation. They don't want employees going "postal" at the sort center, sending/receiving shipments of drugs, or employees who steal packages, so the background check is mostly looking for violent crimes, theft, and drug convictions.

Interview Question – The only actual question other than "do you understand the conditions, will you show up on time, and can you do the job?" was "Why did you leave your last job?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Had option of evening, midnight, or early morning shift. Pay is 10+/hr here. Hours are Mon-Fri 2 through 5 hours a day. They should have the background results by the middle of next week for me to officially be hired.

Operation Manager Interview

Operation Manager
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at FedEx in January 2014.

Interview Details – Very formal. Not my expectations of the role of an Operations Manager. I accepted the position and was blind sided by the physical work you have to put in, not to mention the paper work that has to be done. There is no time for office time and or training on new and or current events.

Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at FedEx in February 2014.

Interview Details – You go in for a tour then they call you back for a one on one interview

Interview Question – no difficult questions. they are desperate for workers so they will hire anybody   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FedEx in March 2010.

Interview Details – the hiring process went quick after background check, after that evrything went smooth and fast.

Interview Question – nothing that I can quote due to not being asked anything difficult.   Answer Question

Package Handler

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at FedEx.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend. I was then called in for a one on one interview, where the interviewer asked a few behavioral questions. If you show that you want the job they will hire you.

Interview Question – Describe a time you were part of a team   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Parcel Assistant Interview

Parcel Assistant
Pitts, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at FedEx in November 2013.

Interview Details – Application, interview, and job info relatively short; then just wait on the background check which was relatively a short period also.

Interview Question – Are you willing to work shorter hours or modified schedule   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotion phase, just offered $10/hour not guaranteed 40 hours/week

Kennesaw, GA

Interview Details – Kennesaw location has board with telephone number to call when positions are available in front of distribution building on old 41. I called the number and they had a facility operation a week later that anyone interested in the job could attend. If interested you come back next Tuesday to fill out an application and interview. Once that is done it takes about a 3 to 4 days for the background check to clear and for you to be hired.

Interview Question – Basically if you were willing to work there, they are going to hire you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, negotiation process. You either take the hourly wage or you find another job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at FedEx in April 2009.

Interview Details – Casual and easy going. It is not rocket science.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This is what we are going to pay you, these will be your hours, and you will be fully vested after 5 years of employment. Will you accept?

PM Courier Interview

PM Courier
Grand Junction, CO

I applied online - interviewed at FedEx in April 2009.

Interview Details – Very easy interview. More than likely you will get hired if you know someone already working especially family, yes family. A test is the first thing you take very easy, just need to have common sense, know North, south, east ,west directions.

Interview Question – don't remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Material Handler Interview

Material Handler
Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FedEx in November 2011.

Interview Details – Gave me a tour, and asked if I wanted the job.

Interview Question – Can you lift 75lbs? Do you want the job?   View Answer