FedEx Interview Questions

2.9

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FedEx in February 2014.

Interview Call through Campus Hiring Process

Intern Program has just one interview round. Face to face interview.

45 mins, behavioral interview. Easy

All situation based question.

Prepare behavioral questions

Tell me about yourself, project experiences.

Tell about a situation when you had to work above and beyond duty.

Know at least 4-5 general points about organization

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation when you had make a decision with very less information in hand.   Answer Question

Operation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at FedEx in January 2014.

Very formal. Not my expectations of the role of an Operations Manager. I accepted the position and was blind sided by the physical work you have to put in, not to mention the paper work that has to be done. There is no time for office time and or training on new and or current events.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at FedEx in December 2013.

I got a call on Dec 11, 2013, I had a bachelors in Industrial Engg and MBA in Supply chain, The interview was about 20 mins on phone, it was pretty good interview and recruiter was impressed and said he would schedule face to face interview the following week at Memphis, TN, Unfortunately the very next day i was declined and was notified with Email.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle customers in post transaction processing including debit.credit card problems and more   View Answer

Dockworker Part-time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FedEx in December 2013.

Asked me questions from a sheet that he said were mandatory and just formalities. I could tell they were more interested in my experience than the questions.

Interview Questions
    • They had a short math test (really easy if you know geometry). One hard question he asked was if there was ever a time I had to sacrifice quality for speed.   View Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FedEx in November 2013.

I applied on-line initially for the Field Sales Position. I was contacted by a recruiter out of Boston MA. I did a initial screening, Phone interview. I found out later that this company in Boston is contracted by Fed ex for Hiring purposes. Anyway I came to the interview an hour early to write up a power point presentation off a fictitious sales territory. It wasn't easy as the info given is not the best, I think they just use this to weed out individuals. I did the best I could. I came in the interview and immediately after introduction did my presentation. After that the interview was conducted we went into the traditional interview method using the S.T.A.R model which I hate but everyone uses it. I did well but I knew when they told me the territory that I wouldn't get the job, nor did I want it. I wanted to be in the Atlanta area. At any case everyone was extremely nice and hinted that Inside sales and other various positions would be options. A week or so later I received an email that I did not get that job. However I didn't give up. I sent the manager I interviewed with a thank you letter (by regular mail) inquiring about the inside sales position. I would say 2 weeks went by I didn't hear anything. I looked online for some other jobs there and I noticed that the inside sales position was open. I applied and contacted my recruiter who I initially spoke with. For this job I actually had to take a online assessment test which wasn't the easiest. More like a mini SAT. I was confused as to why so much for the inside but not the outside. Anyway I was called about 2 weeks later and indicated I had been selected for the interview. Now for the inside position you have to do another sales presentation on powerpoint however they send you a sales territory 3 days prior to your interview, so I had more time to really evaluate it and break it down. Which I did. I would say break it down to a science you get 10 mins however. Anyway I met with the sales managers and this time it was opposite I did the S.T.A.R model interview questions first then the presentation. I asked questions, and I asked how they thought I would do the job, and I closed the deal like a sales person would. I talked about how I would be a good fit for the job and why they should hire me even though they didn't ask. I actually interviewed on a Friday was told I wouldn't hear anything for 2 weeks. I sent a thank you letter Sunday night so he would get it on Monday. I got a call on Monday offering me the job. I accepted the offer and base salary. This was a long process. FedEx is a great and stable company however and worth my time. I have no plans on ever leaving. Thorough Background check so tell the truth.

Inside Sales, Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FedEx in November 2013.

Hiring process is very long, intense and bit tedious. You are required to fill out forms online several time, lengthy assessments, 2 phone interviews. The preparation for the panel interview and sales plan presentation was bit nerve wrecking. But all the interviewing managers were very nice and not intimidating. I really enjoyed the panel interview experience.
    Tips: Be confident and bold. Re the sales plan presentation, do the research and make sure you cover the main points, and a strategy to increase revenue, with out any irrelevant information.

Interview Questions
    • All the behavioral questions asked were new to me, not something I prepared for but I did not find any of the questions difficult to answer.   Answer Question
    The offer was very reasonable.

Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at FedEx in November 2013.

Kennesaw location has board with telephone number to call when positions are available in front of distribution building on old 41. I called the number and they had a facility operation a week later that anyone interested in the job could attend. If interested you come back next Tuesday to fill out an application and interview. Once that is done it takes about a 3 to 4 days for the background check to clear and for you to be hired.

Interview Questions
    • Basically if you were willing to work there, they are going to hire you.   Answer Question
    No, negotiation process. You either take the hourly wage or you find another job.

Parcel Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitts, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitts, PA

Application, interview, and job info relatively short; then just wait on the background check which was relatively a short period also.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work shorter hours or modified schedule   View Answer
    There was no negotion phase, just offered $10/hour not guaranteed 40 hours/week

Loader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Little Rock, AR

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FedEx in November 2013.

go online n aplly setup job sort observation when have tour of the warehouse

transportation problem

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FedEx.

Initial screen over the phone with a manager from Finance department - standard questions about experience, personality and why I want to work for FedEx. Lasted one hour. Very shortly afterwards, I was contacted by an admin assistant and given two exercises in Excel to test my Excel skills, as well as my analytical and presentation skills. Exercises were very thorough and required some time to complete. Within one week after submission, I was contacted by the admin assistant to schedule a panel interview for three weeks ahead. On the day of the panel interview, I spent 5 hours there. The first two hours were with the panel. They came in with a package of 11 questions - mostly problem solving and critical thinking, some examples of situations. Very rigorous process.

It is now one month, two follow-up emails, and still no feedback from them.

Interview Questions
    • Timed for 60 seconds : Why do I want to work for FedEx?
      What factors would you consider in an analysis whether to take on a customer or not?
        Answer Question