FedEx Interview Questions

2.9

PM Courier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Junction, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Junction, CO

I applied online - interviewed at FedEx in April 2009.

Very easy interview. More than likely you will get hired if you know someone already working especially family, yes family. A test is the first thing you take very easy, just need to have common sense, know North, south, east ,west directions.

no negotiations

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FedEx in November 2011.

Gave me a tour, and asked if I wanted the job.

Interview Questions
    • Can you lift 75lbs? Do you want the job?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at FedEx in November 2009.

It took nearly three months to be contacted after initiating application. A mandatory dock tour was needed. This means you show up about five AM and see what the job is really like. It was odd that no work was in progress during the walk-through. Only after the dock tour were applicants eligible for an official application. The application process could only be done at the work site and times were shortened twice. Eventually, a small time slot of two hours was specified for application. There is not much room to put much experience. Interview with HR Representative was informal. Representative brought up work history and noted two positions at once in the past. Job requirements for lifting and timeliness touched upon. Intent of promotion mentioned with no real response. Education and experience do not matter.

Interview Questions
    • There are no difficult questions for the entry-level Package Handler positions. Questions for any promotional position are also not difficult and found the Senior Terminal Managers do not have needed background that is commensurate in other transportation companies.   View Answer
    There is nothing to negotiate for entry-level positions. It was, and probably is, about 10.50 per hour with stepped increments.

Part-time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FedEx in April 2011.

Interview was simply.. if you show up, they will most likely hire you. They know their turnover is huge so they hire you knowing that you will probably quit within a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at FedEx in January 2012.

Very fast, was interviewed over the phone first the day after I applied online, the in person interview was more of a tour of the operation. You will be asked taking everything into consideration, if working for Fedex would be a good fit for you. After you say yes, there are extensive steps before you begin training. You most get a drug test, criminal background check with fingerprints done, if working at an airport you must take an exam(easy) to recieve a badge and unfortunately everything is done off site but Fedex pays for everything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fullerton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FedEx.

I had gone to 2 different locations to apply. 1st location was Anaheim. 100 people showed up for the observation so it took me 3 hours to wait to be selected through raffle ticket, then to complete the tour of the place. Went to apply on their computer next day, they called me for an interview next morning. 2nd location I went to was Fullerton. about 30 people showed up and it was a new facility so it wasn't as bad as Anaheim. A few days later Fullerton called me in for an interview.

Interview was very quick, they ask you if you have previously worked for a job that requires physical labor and if you are accustomed to working in different weather conditions. What your availability is and if you have reliable transportation and be on time. That's pretty much it.

It took them 3 weeks and 3 days to call me. They asked if I was still interested so i accepted. They said to come in for the orientation and to bring IDs.

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Collierville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collierville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FedEx in December 2008.

Initially had a phone conversation with the hiring manager about my skill set and experience. Next step was an on site interview two hiring managers - kind of group panel. Very easy to get through the interview as they asked very basic j2ee questions and mostly behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    Not much. Offers are pretty firm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eagan, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

I applied online - interviewed at FedEx in February 2012.

First you go on a tour of the place which lasted for a hour. Then you had to call to schedule your interview. Interviewer asked VERY simple questions. Like why do you want to work here. what time do you want to work. can you work on your feet for 4hours. Interview was only 10 mins long

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at FedEx in February 2008.

Answered an ad on Craigslist, went in filled out an application, took a drug test and they hired me.

I just accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at FedEx in February 2010.

very streamlined interview process designed to facillitate hiring. need more work on retention of employees by ensuring the minium 20 -25 hours are met per week