FedEx

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Administrative Interview

Manager Administrative

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at FedEx in March 2012.

Interview Details – Apply, telephone interview, in-person interview (2 managers/admin); 3-5 weeks offer received

Manager Administrative Interview

Manager Administrative

I applied through other source and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at FedEx.

Interview Details – I was recommended to apply for this job by a former supervisor who is friends with the hiring manager. The position was very similar to my current job, and though I wasn't officially looking for a new job, I applied to see what else is out there.

The hiring manager contacted me via email to give me a link to the job posting on the Fed Ex careers website. I applied for the job that day, and about a week later she contacted me again via email to let me know I'd been selected for an interview for the following week.

The interview was with the hiring manager and one of her colleagues. It was pretty relaxed. It started out with me giving a brief overview of my work history. Then they took turns asking me 5 questions that were pretty standard interview questions they pulled from a "bank" (not
sure if they pulled them from a Fed Ex "bank" or what that meant). The interview lasted right at an hour.

A few days later, the hiring manager called me to offer the position. Her HR representative sent me the offer letter the next day.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected or difficult questions. They were pretty standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The salary was quite a bit less than what I was expecting (it was actually quite a bit less than what I am currently making). Also the commute would have been around a 100 miles round trip daily (double my current commute) with no opportunity to telecommute at all. I tried to negotiate the salary, but they were firm with their offer.

Worked for FedEx? Contribute to the Community!