FedEx Office

Updated Aug 13, 2014

2.9

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FedEx Office in August 2014.

Applied online and was emailed by the recruiter to set up a phone interview. The recruiter was extremely friendly and positive. They asked me to walk them through my resume and then asked some basic screening questions expected for the role. They asked if I had any questions and patiently answered all of them. They were extremely thorough with their answers and spent a lot of time explaining the benefits and compensation. They made me feel very welcome and I was excited to continue the process. They said I would be recommended for the second interview and I would hear from the center manager in a few days.

The center manager contacted me by phone a few days later to set up the first in person interview. They followed an interview guide that consisted of mostly behavioral questions (Tell me about a time when you gave excellent customer service, etc.) that were typical. They did however ask additional questions that I believe were not on the guide which made me feel very uncomfortable and put on the spot (Why can't you get a promotion at the job you already have? Why did you not tell your current employer that you are looking for a new job? Why should I pay you more than you are making at your current job?)

They let me know that I would be contacted to set up a final interview with the district manager if I was selected. I felt that my experience with the center manager was extremely different from the friendly recruiter whom I was impressed with. Because the nature of some of the questions I was asked made me feel uncomfortable, I chose not to continue with the interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you not tell your current employer that you are looking for a new job?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FedEx Office

Assistant Manager Interview

FedEx Office was an easy interview, and great place to work when it was owned by Kinkos..... totally different mind set and interview tactics after it was taken over by FedEx. Expect to have the most cookie cutter answers thrown at you, even those they already know about you. Same is true if you are interviewing for a position you've previously held.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer calls and expects their job sooner than you had told them it would take, how would you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Not enough incentive

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ardmore, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ardmore, PA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at FedEx Office in May 2014.

I met with the District Manager upon setting up an interview over the phone within a day. We had a very solid interview/ conversations pertaining to personal and company goals, employee development, and the usual interview questions. I was then set up for a second interview the next week with two store managers. Again, the questions were very basic, especially if you have the slightest bit of retail management experience.

Interview Questions
    • There were none. It was a very straight forward retail interview process.   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FedEx Office.

Applied online and was quickly contacted by a recruiter. Set up a phone interview and was recommended for a face-to-face interview at the store that I applied at. The interview went really well and lasted for almost an hour and a half.

Took a test and passed.
    Hired when it was Kinkos
    Now it is hired through FedEx website and screened by recruiters

Pay scale document mirrors Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Office in October 2012.

I applied online and was contacted for the first time 5 days later by an HR representative that wished to schedule the first of what would be three total interviews.

My first interview with the HR rep was conducted the next day and consisted of being asked to walk the Rep through my employment history, describing my duties and responsibilities for each position held.
    A scenario question was asked: An employee has been 15 minutes or more late 3 times in the past few weeks. He/She has just arrived for work, late for the third time. What would you do as the manager on duty?
    The interview lasted for about an hour and was not at all difficult. The HR representative was very kind and informative of what was to happen next should I meet the criteria for what FedEx Office is looking for in their candidates for management positions, giving me a timeline of when I should hear from her next and what would follow if I was selected to for a second interview.

I was contacted 2 days later and was informed that I was selected for the second of three potential interviews. The HR rep gave me the name of the hiring manager and told me to expect a call from him that day or the following. The same day I was contacted by the Center Manager of the store I applied to. The interview was scheduled for the followin day. The Center Manager was very friendly and casual. Again I was asked to walk through my resume, detailing my experience as it relates to the position applied for. Next I was asked a series of questions, some of which were as follows:
    Q. How do you deal with difficult customers?
    Q. Why are you interested in working for FedEx Office?
    Q. Why should you be hired?
    The interview lasted for about 30 minutes which was the amount of time the Center Manager stated it would take at the beginning of the interview. The CM explained the next steps in his process, sharing that he was going to pass my information along to his District Manager with his recommendation and that I should hear back from him soon if the District Manager was interested in scheduling the third and final interview.

10 days later the third and final interview was scheduled. The District Manager conducted the interview in a similar fashion as the Center Manager had. The DM shared that the notes he recieved regarding my previous interview contained many great responses regarding my answers to the questions. Some of the questions asked by the DM were as follows:
    Describe your management style.
    Describe a time you had to coach another employee.
    This interview was no more difficult than any of the others and took about 45 minutes to complete.

At the end of each ot the three interviews I was given the opportunity to ask any questions I might have and for each of them I had multiple questions for my interviewer. I believe having questions to follow up with that pertain to the company and/or the specific position serve to show a genuine interest and help to present the applicant as one whom has given sufficient consideration to position, demonstrating a degree of comittment and is not flippant about the opportunity.

In total it took only 3 weeks from initial applilcation submitted to job offer. There was no abiguity or grey area involved. I felt well-informed and respected by my interviewers. I would highly recommend FedEx Office to others as an excellent place of employment.

Typically both the second and third interviews are face to face interviews, held in the center that you're applying for. However, I was applying to a location out of state and therefore was granted phone interviews for all three. This is not to be expected as standard and is up to the discretion of both the Center and District Managers involved.

Interview Questions
    • If recently some company policies had changed and were received poorly by your current staff, with morale being much lower than usual, what would you do as part of the management team to address the situation?   View Answer

An unexpected situation occurred that prevented me from being able to follow through with my plans to relocate for the position. I have every intention of reapplying with FedEx Office in the future.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Office.

Consisted of a phone interview and one in person interview with Senior Center Manager and assistant manager. Offered job a few days later

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FedEx Office in April 2012.

Get ready for them to start reading from a script and asking you questions that they couldn't even answer themselves, if they didn't have their cheat sheets in front of their face. I was actually interviewed twice for the job that I possessed at that time, but was wanting to move to another city.

Interview Questions
    • When applying for a job with NO customer interaction I was asked "how would you deal with a difficult customer? One who wanted they job completed before you knew we could have the job complete or were having equipment problems".   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FedEx Office in July 2011.

Had an initial phone interview, a face to face interview with the store manager as well as an interview with the district manager. Hired on as a focus of the retail side of the center. Had to take an extensive online application and assessment that took about 2.5 hours total to complete. A lot of math was involved.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't entirely sure exactly what an Assistant Manager did in regards to FedEx Office, When asking what i would do in certain situations, it was hard to base what I would do because i wasn't sure of company policies. Use of logic and common sense definitely helped answer questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

The process took a weekinterviewed at FedEx Office in March 2011.

I was very happy with the interview process with Fedex Office. I initially spoke with a corporate HR recruiter who went over very basic questions with me (job history, last title etc). After that I was scheduled to meet with the store manager (at the location I applied to) within 2-3 days. This interview was very comfortable and the manager was very professional and personable. It was more of a conversation than an interview in the strictest sense. He asked me questions about my management style, situation questions, what is excellent customer service, etc.

Completing this interview, he said I would hear from the DM in a few days. Took about 3-4 days to hear back but there was a weekend, so actually very prompt follow up. This was over the phone and was another comfortable "conversation" type interview. He went more into the company, asked me what I knew about fedex office (RESEARCH AHEAD OF TIME!). He said he had the feeling I would be a great fit and that the next step was an offer letter which was presented to me the next day.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about business metrics and give an example of a time you had to track, record and present them?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate, there wasn't a lot of room and I sensed that I was actually lucky to get more....but my advice? It never hurts to ask, if you are getting to this stage, they want you...and probably won't rescind their first offer just because you negotiated.