FedEx Office

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at FedEx Office

Interview Details – FedEx Office was an easy interview, and great place to work when it was owned by Kinkos..... totally different mind set and interview tactics after it was taken over by FedEx. Expect to have the most cookie cutter answers thrown at you, even those they already know about you. Same is true if you are interviewing for a position you've previously held.

Interview Question – If a customer calls and expects their job sooner than you had told them it would take, how would you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not enough incentive

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at FedEx Office.

Interview Details – Applied online and was quickly contacted by a recruiter. Set up a phone interview and was recommended for a face-to-face interview at the store that I applied at. The interview went really well and lasted for almost an hour and a half.

Interview Question – The questions were all basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Interviewed at FedEx Office

Interview Details – Took a test and passed.
Hired when it was Kinkos
Now it is hired through FedEx website and screened by recruiters

Interview Question – Pattern analysis in FAST test   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay scale document mirrors Walmart

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FedEx Office in July 2011.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone interview, a face to face interview with the store manager as well as an interview with the district manager. Hired on as a focus of the retail side of the center. Had to take an extensive online application and assessment that took about 2.5 hours total to complete. A lot of math was involved.

Interview Question – I wasn't entirely sure exactly what an Assistant Manager did in regards to FedEx Office, When asking what i would do in certain situations, it was hard to base what I would do because i wasn't sure of company policies. Use of logic and common sense definitely helped answer questions.   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at FedEx Office in April 2012.

Interview Details – Get ready for them to start reading from a script and asking you questions that they couldn't even answer themselves, if they didn't have their cheat sheets in front of their face. I was actually interviewed twice for the job that I possessed at that time, but was wanting to move to another city.

Interview Question – When applying for a job with NO customer interaction I was asked "how would you deal with a difficult customer? One who wanted they job completed before you knew we could have the job complete or were having equipment problems".   View Answer

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FedEx Office in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted for the first time 5 days later by an HR representative that wished to schedule the first of what would be three total interviews.

My first interview with the HR rep was conducted the next day and consisted of being asked to walk the Rep through my employment history, describing my duties and responsibilities for each position held.
A scenario question was asked: An employee has been 15 minutes or more late 3 times in the past few weeks. He/She has just arrived for work, late for the third time. What would you do as the manager on duty?
The interview lasted for about an hour and was not at all difficult. The HR representative was very kind and informative of what was to happen next should I meet the criteria for what FedEx Office is looking for in their candidates for management positions, giving me a timeline of when I should hear from her next and what would follow if I was selected to for a second interview.

I was contacted 2 days later and was informed that I was selected for the second of three potential interviews. The HR rep gave me the name of the hiring manager and told me to expect a call from him that day or the following. The same day I was contacted by the Center Manager of the store I applied to. The interview was scheduled for the followin day. The Center Manager was very friendly and casual. Again I was asked to walk through my resume, detailing my experience as it relates to the position applied for. Next I was asked a series of questions, some of which were as follows:
Q. How do you deal with difficult customers?
Q. Why are you interested in working for FedEx Office?
Q. Why should you be hired?
The interview lasted for about 30 minutes which was the amount of time the Center Manager stated it would take at the beginning of the interview. The CM explained the next steps in his process, sharing that he was going to pass my information along to his District Manager with his recommendation and that I should hear back from him soon if the District Manager was interested in scheduling the third and final interview.

10 days later the third and final interview was scheduled. The District Manager conducted the interview in a similar fashion as the Center Manager had. The DM shared that the notes he recieved regarding my previous interview contained many great responses regarding my answers to the questions. Some of the questions asked by the DM were as follows:
Describe your management style.
Describe a time you had to coach another employee.
This interview was no more difficult than any of the others and took about 45 minutes to complete.

At the end of each ot the three interviews I was given the opportunity to ask any questions I might have and for each of them I had multiple questions for my interviewer. I believe having questions to follow up with that pertain to the company and/or the specific position serve to show a genuine interest and help to present the applicant as one whom has given sufficient consideration to position, demonstrating a degree of comittment and is not flippant about the opportunity.

In total it took only 3 weeks from initial applilcation submitted to job offer. There was no abiguity or grey area involved. I felt well-informed and respected by my interviewers. I would highly recommend FedEx Office to others as an excellent place of employment.

Typically both the second and third interviews are face to face interviews, held in the center that you're applying for. However, I was applying to a location out of state and therefore was granted phone interviews for all three. This is not to be expected as standard and is up to the discretion of both the Center and District Managers involved.

Interview Question – If recently some company policies had changed and were received poorly by your current staff, with morale being much lower than usual, what would you do as part of the management team to address the situation?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – An unexpected situation occurred that prevented me from being able to follow through with my plans to relocate for the position. I have every intention of reapplying with FedEx Office in the future.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FedEx Office.

Interview Details – Consisted of a phone interview and one in person interview with Senior Center Manager and assistant manager. Offered job a few days later

Interview Question – Pretty basic stuff.   Answer Question

Overland Park, KS

The process took 1 week - interviewed at FedEx Office in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was very happy with the interview process with Fedex Office. I initially spoke with a corporate HR recruiter who went over very basic questions with me (job history, last title etc). After that I was scheduled to meet with the store manager (at the location I applied to) within 2-3 days. This interview was very comfortable and the manager was very professional and personable. It was more of a conversation than an interview in the strictest sense. He asked me questions about my management style, situation questions, what is excellent customer service, etc.

Completing this interview, he said I would hear from the DM in a few days. Took about 3-4 days to hear back but there was a weekend, so actually very prompt follow up. This was over the phone and was another comfortable "conversation" type interview. He went more into the company, asked me what I knew about fedex office (RESEARCH AHEAD OF TIME!). He said he had the feeling I would be a great fit and that the next step was an offer letter which was presented to me the next day.

Interview Question – What do you know about business metrics and give an example of a time you had to track, record and present them?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate, there wasn't a lot of room and I sensed that I was actually lucky to get more....but my advice? It never hurts to ask, if you are getting to this stage, they want you...and probably won't rescind their first offer just because you negotiated.

Brookfield, WI

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at FedEx Office in October 2009.

Interview Details – Internal application. First spoke with recruiter about position after approaching current manager. Addressed expectations in position and direction current store was going. Then interviewed with District Manager, similar questions but more indepth.

Interview Question – What direction do you think the current store is going?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation; fixed pay raise based on current pay.

Costa Mesa, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FedEx Office in June 2008.

Interview Details – scenario questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiatiion

Interviews for Top Jobs at FedEx Office

Worked for FedEx Office? Contribute to the Community!

FedEx Office Videos

FedEx Office – Why Work for Us?

Office Services We have over 1,800 locations ready to work for you. Whether you need to set up a meeting or need assistance packing your shipments, we are there to help… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FedEx Office Assistant Manager interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by FedEx Office employees and interview candidates.