FedEx Office

Updated Dec 29, 2014

2.6

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Center Consultant Interview

Interviewed by store manager, the district manager and for the third time by both the the district and store manager. drug test required upon offer. the training process is long and will help you prepare for to deal with rude customers.

Other Interview Reviews for FedEx Office

Center Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at FedEx Office.

I had a phone interview first and they asked the typical, such as scenarios and how to react with encountered with a problem. Four days later, I got a call to go into a face to face interview.
    To start off, the manager was awesome! She made me feel at ease during the interview and the were basically the same as phone interviews; for example "tell me a time you went a above and beyond", "what do you know about fedex?", "tell me a time you faced a conflict with a customer and how you handled it?". As the interview came to an end, she told me I would be awesome and fit for the position, but I still needed to go through one more phone interview. The phone interview two days later was with the district manager and she asked me the same exact questions.
    Just remember "the customer is always right and serving great customer is the
    Key"!

Interview Questions
    • tell me a time you went above and beyond? A time you handled a situation and how you solved it?   Answer Question

Center Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Office.

I applied for a position as Center Consultant via the FedEx careers website. The online application process was fairly long and time consuming, but nothing too out of the ordinary. One interesting aspect was that their online aptitude test told me that I needed to be using a Windows OS for it to work (I was using Linux during the application process).

About a week after I applied I was contacted by a recruiter through an email which asked about available times for interview sessions that were taking place next week. I scheduled a time slot and a week later went down to the local FedEx Office store where they were holding the interviews. At the store I was greeted by the manager and shown downstairs to the basement, where I was told to wait in a conference room with other applicants until it was my turn to be interviewed.

When my slot came up I was escorted into a much larger room where several other applicant interviews were already taking place. My own interview was two on one, with each person reading predetermined questions from a couple sheets of paper. The interview questions were pretty standard fare (e.g. "Why do you want to work for FedEx Office?") and the interview process was fairly impersonal. They interviewers spent most of their time taking notes on my responses. Afterwards I waited in the first room again until I met individually with a field recruiter who pretty much asked me the same questions, but wanted more elaboration on my original answers.

It took about a week for them to get back to me after the interview, which consisted of an email saying that they were "disappointed that they couldn't hire everyone" and encouraged me to keep applying to different positions. Overall, I felt that the experience was fairly mechanical and impersonal, but I suppose that's par for the course.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you handled it.   View Answer

Center Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FedEx Office.

Applied online and called the same day to "check up on application" interview next day. Offered job, went for drug test. Two days later started. Management seems awesome. Filled out all the paper work, which was pretty easy. Benefits look great on paper so far.

Interview Questions
    • They touched on their favorite questions from the online questionnaire.   Answer Question
    Yes. He offered 11.45 but went up to 13.00

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at FedEx Office in August 2014.

I applied online and after few days, I got an email from the HR district manager, set a day and time for interview. I had 4 interview in 30 minutes, almost same question. First interview with 2 manager and another interview with my current store manager and final interview with district manager.

Interview Questions
    • I used Glassdoor to prepare for the interview and no surprise , same exact question. Describe a situation where you had to deal with an angry customer? how can you deliver great customer service ? why did you choose Fedex?   View Answer

Center Consultant Interview

Questions like any other retail store interview: "What are your strengths, what are your weaknesses, tell me about a time you helped a customer that was upset, problem solving, etc. Tell me of a time when a co-worker was not cooperating and you were able to resolve the conflict"

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was overly difficult, it you have ever had an interview at a retail store of almost any kind, it's very similar.   Answer Question

Center Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at FedEx Office.

phone interview go over position few questions about yourself and work history questions ,face to face interview with center manager hour interview multiply questions ,over phone interview with district manager.

Interview Questions
    • a customer comes and at 1:00 pm she need 3000 black and white copy's done by 4:00 pm her copy are going to take about 2 hours to complete but their are 2 order in the bin due for 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm that are also black and white copy's what do you do?   View Answer
    expect to learn alot , must work will under press and deadlines

Center Consultant Interview

The Center Consultant consistently delivers a positive customer experience to all customers, utilizing consultative skills to anticipate customer needs, suggest alternatives and provide solutions. This customer service focused team member is knowledgeable in all areas of the Center’s business, including print, signs & graphics, and shipping. They will be responsible for taking orders, coordinating activities in the Center, providing pricing and product information, and recommending appropriate FedEx Office products and services.

Interview Questions
    • Performs multiple tasks at the same time
      Looks for opportunities to improve knowledge and skills within the retail Center
      Able to operate with minimal supervision
      Adheres to all FedEx Office team member and retail center standards, as outlined in the team member handbook

Answer Question

Center Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FedEx Office.

Hiring process was good. Had two interviews. One with center manager and one with DM, on the phone. Overall one of the easier interviews to go through. Didn’t ask anything to stupid.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really comes to mind. The interview for assistant manager seemed to be already decide before hand. I was unprepared for talking about things I had not learned yet about the company and the business. They seemed uninterested in my previous experience at other retailers.   Answer Question
    I didn’t try but now think I could have.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at FedEx Office in October 2013.

I was called in a few days after submitting my resume, and the manager seemed legitimately excited to get me in. I went in for the interview and was pleasantly surprised with how smoothly it went. We talked in the managers office for about fifteen minutes, and he asked me a fairly routine set of interview questions. After those he detailed aspects of the company and the specific job I was applying for. It was a very nice interview and I felt welcome there the entire time. There was no haste or impersonal interaction that is present with some companies, and the manager seemed to take actual interest in what I had to say. All in all it was really easy but thorough, and it went on without a hitch.

Interview Questions
    • Was there ever a time in your work history that someone was angry with you, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    The hours suggested worked well for my schedule, so there was very little negotiation and the manager made it sound like it was a fairly flexible schedule if I were to encounter a second job or something of the sort.