FedEx Office Center Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Orem, UT) in July 2015.

Interview

I Interviewed with the store manager a week after I applied online. She was very nice open. The questions were very traditional with a few fastballs thrown in the mix. It went very well over all. I was contacted a few days later to set up an interview with the District Manager who asked a lot of the same questions as the Center Manager but explained more about the company and day-to-day activities.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at FedEx?   2 Answers

Negotiation

None. I was very pleased with their first offer.

Other Interview Reviews for FedEx Office

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I completed the online application and then the assessment. I then followed up with the Center Manager via phone and then in person. Next, I interviewed with the Center Manager and finally had a phone interview with the district manager. Both interviews were relatively informal. Both managers asked mostly behavioral questions ("tell me about a time you were unable to meet a deadline...") from a script provided by FedEx Corporate (I think).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were unable to meet a customer's expectations?   2 Answers

Center Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Office in February 2015.

Interview

I browsed current job postings on the FedEx Career page and applied at quite a few of them. After you make a profile for the site and save your necessary files (Resume) and complete the initial assessment, applying is pretty simple after the first application you make. I had a walk in interview for a location that was interested but was nudged out by another applicant. Instead of being discouraged I quickly tweaked my resume and decided to change my approach when describing my previous work history during the one on one with a store manager. A few weeks pass by and I was called to come in for another walk in interview for a different location. I was told right off the bat by the manager that he was excited to meet me based on my resume (that I revised) and right away I felt a lot more confident during the question portion of the interview. Be sure to be as specific as possible when describing past work experience or related scenarios that's asked. After it concluded the manager let me know he wanted to move me forward in the application process and set up a time the following day for a phone interview with his district manager. The same sorts of questions were asked in this final phone interview and I was told to expect a call the following day to discuss my application status. I called the store myself since I became anxious and was told I was chosen to work at a location closer to home than what I applied for! With more available hours as well!

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to resolve an issue with an agitated customer.   Answer Question
    • Describe your previous job responsibilities   Answer Question
    • Describe an instance where you had to teach a coworker how to perform a specific skill on the job   Answer Question

Negotiation

I based my initial wage gauge on glassdoor averages, be sure to check up what your local rate usually is and you should be fine, perhaps nudging a little higher based on your employment history. The first store which was smaller I had a walk in interview for offered me less than my second walk in interview which was a much larger location, I'm assuming the size of the store plays a part in what they're willing to offer you, be sure to keep that in mind.

Center Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Office in February 2015.

Interview

I was out and about turning in applications and resume's when I stopped in to pick up a book I had printed. Manager pulled me aside and asked to see my resume', and we had an unofficial first interview there. He told me to go apply and take their personality test, which I did. I think 3 interviews later (Most of which felt like formalities, which made it more comfortable for me). Took forever though, so many paperwork hold-ups (alot of hurry up and wait, hurry up and wait). But I got hired and I love what I do, so it was worth waiting

Interview Questions

• Examples of how you work as a team and on your own...   1 Answer
    • How are you under pressure at making good decisions?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FedEx Office (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online got a call from the center manager, got interviewed through the phone that day. After the phone interview received a face to face interview. Went to the interview and got told that they were going to interview all candidates and if i was chosen i would get a call in about 2-3 days. Got a call in 2-3 days for a final interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• Same old interview questions ie: Tell me about a time where you ran into a problem and the steps you took in order to solve it.   1 Answer

Center Consultant Interview

Interview

Interviewed by store manager, the district manager and for the third time by both the the district and store manager. drug test required upon offer. the training process is long and will help you prepare for to deal with rude customers.

Center Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FedEx Office.

Interview

I had a phone interview first and they asked the typical, such as scenarios and how to react with encountered with a problem. Four days later, I got a call to go into a face to face interview. To start off, the manager was awesome! She made me feel at ease during the interview and the were basically the same as phone interviews; for example "tell me a time you went a above and beyond", "what do you know about fedex?", "tell me a time you faced a conflict with a customer and how you handled it?". As the interview came to an end, she told me I would be awesome and fit for the position, but I still needed to go through one more phone interview. The phone interview two days later was with the district manager and she asked me the same exact questions. Just remember "the customer is always right and serving great customer is the Key"!

Interview Questions

• tell me a time you went above and beyond? A time you handled a situation and how you solved it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Frisco, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

First I got a call from a recruiter and had a short interview, I was then set up with the manager for a face to face interview. Finally I had a phone interview with the head manager and after 2 days received a call letting me know that I got the job. The interview process was not long, on the 1:1 interview he just asked me questions about myself and a couple what would you do questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with conflict on the job.   Answer Question

Center Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Office.

Interview

I applied for a position as Center Consultant via the FedEx careers website. The online application process was fairly long and time consuming, but nothing too out of the ordinary. One interesting aspect was that their online aptitude test told me that I needed to be using a Windows OS for it to work (I was using Linux during the application process). About a week after I applied I was contacted by a recruiter through an email which asked about available times for interview sessions that were taking place next week. I scheduled a time slot and a week later went down to the local FedEx Office store where they were holding the interviews. At the store I was greeted by the manager and shown downstairs to the basement, where I was told to wait in a conference room with other applicants until it was my turn to be interviewed. When my slot came up I was escorted into a much larger room where several other applicant interviews were already taking place. My own interview was two on one, with each person reading predetermined questions from a couple sheets of paper. The interview questions were pretty standard fare (e.g. "Why do you want to work for FedEx Office?") and the interview process was fairly impersonal. They interviewers spent most of their time taking notes on my responses. Afterwards I waited in the first room again until I met individually with a field recruiter who pretty much asked me the same questions, but wanted more elaboration on my original answers. It took about a week for them to get back to me after the interview, which consisted of an email saying that they were "disappointed that they couldn't hire everyone" and encouraged me to keep applying to different positions. Overall, I felt that the experience was fairly mechanical and impersonal, but I suppose that's par for the course.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

I put in my application and was called for a phone interview. They asked how do i view customer service, and how to satisfy customers. I went in for the interview. They asked me about my experience and availability. Then they asked me to sell them a pen to show them my sales skills. Then I was literally hired on the spot. All in all, the process took a few days. A major thing that they will ask is can you keep calm in a harsh situation. There will be plenty of angry customers with this job due to it's corporate connection so you MUST be able to remain calm.