FedEx Office

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Center Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at FedEx Office in February 2010.

Interview Details – Initial screening interview with company recruiter. Official phone interview with company recruiter lasting 1 hour. Went the next day to the possible hiring location, worked with their team for 2 hours to see if this was good fit for me and the. 3rd day, had a on site interview with the General Manager, and assistant manager. 4th day I had a 2 hour phone interview with the district manager, and on the 5th day they offered me a position.

Interview Question – There was multitude of customer related questions, just had to think before answereing   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FedEx Office in February 2014.

Interview Details – Recruiter, Panel Interview - DM and 2 other managers

Interview Question – Nothing totally unexpected, reviewed interview guide thoroughly. Everything sort of feeds out from it even if not a direct question per guide.   Answer Question

Center Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FedEx Office in November 2010.

Interview Details – FedEx Office highly values a positive attitude and not just skill set. During an interview I would put forth my best in terms of demonstrating a friendly and personable attitude. I would definitely speak in detail how I provide excellent customer service. If you have a go-and-get-em spirit be sure to demonstrate that.

Interview Question – The usual - what do you see as one of your weaknesses and what steps have you taken to address them? I suggest being prepared to answer this in detail vs. just giving a whitewashed answer about not having any weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They will offer you a pretty fair deal depending upon your experience but I would suggest looking at your needs to make sure the salary is a match.

Interviewed at FedEx Office

Interview Details – It was easy more looking for experience and accomplishments

Interview Question – Have a business plan ready 30-60-90   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FedEx Office.

Interview Details – The company really focuses on hiring people with outgoing personalities. It's specialty retail so that makes sense. The second most important quality is time management, and organization. This also makes a lot of sense since every position in the field for FXO is heavily tasked. Your overall appearance isn't a deal breaker, but each person in a panel interview will watch how many notes you take, and how quickly you move from those notes to asking probing questions. FedEx OpCo. prides itself on living the Purple Promise so having a fundamental understanding of experiential customer service is important.

Interview Question – Which past manager has liked you the least, and what would this person tell me about you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating. I received a second interview, and shortly thereafter an offer letter.

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at FedEx Office in December 2008.

Interview Details – Learn how to talk the talk of "COORPERATE" being friends with a DM doesn't hurt. Any kind of internal recomendation goes a long way. Be prepared for a lot of redundant questions, don't talk to much say a lot with out saying too much.

Interview Question – How have you prepared for this postion outside your current career?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at FedEx Office in March 2009.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with a recruiter, then a panel interview with 2 distict managers and the senior center manager to which I would be reporting. I then had an interview with the Human Resource Generalist, which was the most difficult. The panel interview was easy.

Negotiation Details – No, I was not able to negotiate. They offered me exactly what I was making at my previous position, which I do not believe was enough. I have to be honest, I do not believe I was very experienced with negotiating salary, and if I was things might have been different

San Francisco, CA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FedEx Office in July 2010.

Interview Details – I applied to the position online. The online application requires you to complete a pretty basic skills test. I was contacted a week later by a Recruiter to set up a phone screen. The phone screen was very formal and at the end I was informed I would be moved forward and then was not contacted for 2 weeks. I was finally contacted and set up a final interview. The interview date changed 3 times and then the interview date time changed 2 times. As mentioned in a prior review, there was little instruction and communication on their part. I arrived 15 minutes early as well and was surprised when my interview did not take place until 1 hour after it's scheduled start time. I also had to watch the warm goodbye that took place for the candidate before me. It was clear to me that this candidate would receive the position. The interview was painfully uncomfortable. The two interviewers were extremely stiff and did not seem to be looking for someone with any passion towards their job. They acted annoyed when I asked questions. If you are going to go to an interview with them, do your research because they do not want to be bothered by your questions. It was clear to me that I was the token "ethnic" candidate and they had no intent on hiring me. They cut me off during my well-thought out and carefully research questions.

No one followed up with me and at this point it has been over a month.

Interview Questions

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at FedEx Office in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was initially called by an extremely pleasant recruiter and interviewed over the phone. Then, she set me up with an interview with 4 senior panel members. I prepared for my interview by interviewing and Center Manager. The manager was extremely nice and provided me very helpful information about the company.
              When I arrived to the interview location 15 minutes early, I was told by one of the panel members that they were "not set up yet." I had to wait at least 30 minutes. When I walked in the room I noticed there was only a long table with 4 chairs and my chair “set up." The interview was slotted for an hour and thirty minutes but only took 30 minutes. The first question was “tell me about your resume” It seemed as if the panel members where sharing an inside joke at that question because two of them laughed with the other asked the question. The interviewers seemed nice but they seemed unprepared and uninterested. Most of the questions they asked where valid interview questions, but when I answered them they would get side tracked by the minor details in my answers. Also, one of the panelists was enjoying a snack during the interview. It was clear they did not take me seriously and might have had someone else in mind. When I asked the question about the company culture I received a bit of attitude from one the panel members. Then a solid response from another, who was apparently from the same work background I was from and therefore understood my question. They said in a week or so they will make their selection and if I do not get chosen I would be considered for other positions. I received a rejection email within 2 days. I sent all four of the panel members “Thank you” letters asking for feedback and have received no response. I am I positive person so I would say overall a good experience.

Interview Question – Did you like your previous employer   View Answer

Center Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at FedEx Office in January 2011.

Interview Details – Knowledge based interview, they want to know that they always pick the right candidate for the job descripton

Interview Question – Why are you the best choice for this position   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at FedEx Office

Worked for FedEx Office? Contribute to the Community!

FedEx Office Videos

FedEx Office – Why Work for Us?

Office Services We have over 1,800 locations ready to work for you. Whether you need to set up a meeting or need assistance packing your shipments, we are there to help… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FedEx Office Center Manager interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by FedEx Office employees and interview candidates.