FedEx Office

FedEx Office Center Manager Interview Questions

3.1

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Center Manager Interview

Interview was misleading They didn’t paint a good picture of your actual job. Fedex Office isn’t just shipping.it’s a lot of printing,copies and ton of other stuff. With very little staff.

Other Interview Reviews for FedEx Office

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Office in February 2014.

Recruiter, Panel Interview - DM and 2 other managers

Interview Questions
    • Nothing totally unexpected, reviewed interview guide thoroughly. Everything sort of feeds out from it even if not a direct question per guide.   Answer Question

Center Manager Interview

It was easy more looking for experience and accomplishments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FedEx Office.

The company really focuses on hiring people with outgoing personalities. It's specialty retail so that makes sense. The second most important quality is time management, and organization. This also makes a lot of sense since every position in the field for FXO is heavily tasked. Your overall appearance isn't a deal breaker, but each person in a panel interview will watch how many notes you take, and how quickly you move from those notes to asking probing questions. FedEx OpCo. prides itself on living the Purple Promise so having a fundamental understanding of experiential customer service is important.

Interview Questions
    • Which past manager has liked you the least, and what would this person tell me about you?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating. I received a second interview, and shortly thereafter an offer letter.

Center Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Office in November 2010.

FedEx Office highly values a positive attitude and not just skill set. During an interview I would put forth my best in terms of demonstrating a friendly and personable attitude. I would definitely speak in detail how I provide excellent customer service. If you have a go-and-get-em spirit be sure to demonstrate that.

Interview Questions
    • The usual - what do you see as one of your weaknesses and what steps have you taken to address them? I suggest being prepared to answer this in detail vs. just giving a whitewashed answer about not having any weaknesses.   Answer Question
    They will offer you a pretty fair deal depending upon your experience but I would suggest looking at your needs to make sure the salary is a match.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Office in July 2010.

I applied to the position online. The online application requires you to complete a pretty basic skills test. I was contacted a week later by a Recruiter to set up a phone screen. The phone screen was very formal and at the end I was informed I would be moved forward and then was not contacted for 2 weeks. I was finally contacted and set up a final interview. The interview date changed 3 times and then the interview date time changed 2 times. As mentioned in a prior review, there was little instruction and communication on their part. I arrived 15 minutes early as well and was surprised when my interview did not take place until 1 hour after it's scheduled start time. I also had to watch the warm goodbye that took place for the candidate before me. It was clear to me that this candidate would receive the position. The interview was painfully uncomfortable. The two interviewers were extremely stiff and did not seem to be looking for someone with any passion towards their job. They acted annoyed when I asked questions. If you are going to go to an interview with them, do your research because they do not want to be bothered by your questions. It was clear to me that I was the token "ethnic" candidate and they had no intent on hiring me. They cut me off during my well-thought out and carefully research questions.

No one followed up with me and at this point it has been over a month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FedEx Office in April 2010.

I was initially called by an extremely pleasant recruiter and interviewed over the phone. Then, she set me up with an interview with 4 senior panel members. I prepared for my interview by interviewing and Center Manager. The manager was extremely nice and provided me very helpful information about the company.
                  When I arrived to the interview location 15 minutes early, I was told by one of the panel members that they were "not set up yet." I had to wait at least 30 minutes. When I walked in the room I noticed there was only a long table with 4 chairs and my chair “set up." The interview was slotted for an hour and thirty minutes but only took 30 minutes. The first question was “tell me about your resume” It seemed as if the panel members where sharing an inside joke at that question because two of them laughed with the other asked the question. The interviewers seemed nice but they seemed unprepared and uninterested. Most of the questions they asked where valid interview questions, but when I answered them they would get side tracked by the minor details in my answers. Also, one of the panelists was enjoying a snack during the interview. It was clear they did not take me seriously and might have had someone else in mind. When I asked the question about the company culture I received a bit of attitude from one the panel members. Then a solid response from another, who was apparently from the same work background I was from and therefore understood my question. They said in a week or so they will make their selection and if I do not get chosen I would be considered for other positions. I received a rejection email within 2 days. I sent all four of the panel members “Thank you” letters asking for feedback and have received no response. I am I positive person so I would say overall a good experience.

Center Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at FedEx Office in February 2010.

Initial screening interview with company recruiter. Official phone interview with company recruiter lasting 1 hour. Went the next day to the possible hiring location, worked with their team for 2 hours to see if this was good fit for me and the. 3rd day, had a on site interview with the General Manager, and assistant manager. 4th day I had a 2 hour phone interview with the district manager, and on the 5th day they offered me a position.

Interview Questions
    • There was multitude of customer related questions, just had to think before answereing   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FedEx Office in March 2009.

I had a phone interview with a recruiter, then a panel interview with 2 distict managers and the senior center manager to which I would be reporting. I then had an interview with the Human Resource Generalist, which was the most difficult. The panel interview was easy.

No, I was not able to negotiate. They offered me exactly what I was making at my previous position, which I do not believe was enough. I have to be honest, I do not believe I was very experienced with negotiating salary, and if I was things might have been different

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FedEx Office in December 2008.

Learn how to talk the talk of "COORPERATE" being friends with a DM doesn't hurt. Any kind of internal recomendation goes a long way. Be prepared for a lot of redundant questions, don't talk to much say a lot with out saying too much.

Interview Questions
    • How have you prepared for this postion outside your current career?   Answer Question