FedEx Office Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 5, 2015

2.8

Senior Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Office (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Initial phone screen with a recruiter, then an in person interview with hiring manager with really standard questions (happy customer/irate customer, a time you took initiative, etc.), finally a phone interview with the managing director following up on notes passed to him from the hiring manager

Interview Questions

• about effectiveness of role playing and creating a "selling culture"   Answer Question

Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FedEx Office (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The company really focuses on hiring people with outgoing personalities. It's specialty retail so that makes sense. The second most important quality is time management, and organization. This also makes a lot of sense since every position in the field for FXO is heavily tasked. Your overall appearance isn't a deal breaker, but each person in a panel interview will watch how many notes you take, and how quickly you move from those notes to asking probing questions. FedEx OpCo. prides itself on living the Purple Promise so having a fundamental understanding of experiential customer service is important.

Interview Questions

• Which past manager has liked you the least, and what would this person tell me about you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. I received a second interview, and shortly thereafter an offer letter.

Senior Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Office (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

Somewhat grueling when it came to completing an online assessment. It left me believing that there was no way I would be considers because it was very challenging to take. But, once going through the process I feel that you have earns a chance to prove yourself. It was not like filling a position just because I applied.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you did not perform good customer service?   Answer Question

Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FedEx Office (Chicago, IL) in March 2009.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter, then a panel interview with 2 distict managers and the senior center manager to which I would be reporting. I then had an interview with the Human Resource Generalist, which was the most difficult. The panel interview was easy.

Negotiation

No, I was not able to negotiate. They offered me exactly what I was making at my previous position, which I do not believe was enough. I have to be honest, I do not believe I was very experienced with negotiating salary, and if I was things might have been different